Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This field needs to be bigger, Iā€™m at 10 carsā€¦
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

I started buying at $40 and have kept buying the dip. Fantastic value, and I think when more and more people ride in these trucks, the stock is going to fly.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian R1T R1S 2022 Q1 Earnings Report & Shareholder Letter 1652300680128

Showing that they're outrunning suppliers, and using that to get more supplies from them. This also explains their recent production changes. Good on Rivian.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Sponsored

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Beat EPS estimates by $0.01 and reaffirmed 25k deliveries this year, sounds like theyā€™re right on track and going to plan.
And added 10k preorders after the pricing increase, so the pre orders are still running way ahead of the ability to deliver them.

TXR1S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S on order
Page 6: ā€œWe continue to ramp R1S into our production line and are actively making deliveries of this vehicleā€.

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This field needs to be bigger, Iā€™m at 10 carsā€¦
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

New customers will still be able to browse through options;
however, the ability to save a specific configuration will not happen until closer to
a customer's build slot. This change ensures that when a build is configured, the
customer is choosing from the latest features, packages, and pricing.
I don't love that. Pricing should be locked in at order time.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
This is a pretty solid quarter, if they can keep this going at a steady rate to match supply with production I think theyā€™ll be well positioned to succeed in the long term. Good job Rivian! Canā€™t wait to get my truck this Saturday!

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
1652300680128.png

Showing that they're outrunning suppliers, and using that to get more supplies from them. This also explains their recent production changes. Good on Rivian.
Agreed. I thought the 10k new orders since pricegate was also encouraging.

IlliniRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover
A few things that caught my attention:

1. They delivered half the vehicles they produced in Q1. That is a serious bottleneck and it is one that is much more within Rivian's control than others. I know there are some shipping restraints but they could have moved the last 1,000 vehicles with pre-order holders within a few hours of Normal.

2. They claim they are making R1S deliveries. I have no doubt they can "prove" that in a court of law but in reality I still think that's BS "deliveries" of glorified test mules to employees.

3. The additional orders since price hike are encouraging.

4. Stock is now underpriced when you look at cash on hand and agreement with GA.

Additions:

5. Sounds like the new ordering system will ensure they can raise prices on reservation holders. Seems you pay for a spot in line and will pay the going rate at manufacturing. Won't impact me but Rivian should lower the reservation cost to $100 in this approach in fairness to new customers.

The biggest deal to me is still getting a real update on timing for R1S deliveries. It won't happen on the call but they better provide that information this month based on the letter from a few weeks ago.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Overall, better than I expected at least. Nice to see preorders up to 90k with 10k post price increase. Good news is that Q1 negative EBITDA was down to ($1.1B) from a breathtaking ($2.6B) in Q4 IIRC, with $17B cash still on hand.

That note about supply chain backlogs keeping production down considerably since March 31 was a bit of a gulp. Will take some solace in the reaffirmed 25k production target for 2022.

Last edited:

Cosmacelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Tesla Model X
Occupation
Software
Stock is probably underpriced, but they havenā€™t shown they can actually make 25,000 vehicles this year. Based on the numbers given, it looks like a long shot. Also their GA expenses climbed a lot for a company that canā€™t make a lot of vehicles. Looks to me like they over hired anticipating a manufacturing ramp that hasnā€™t materialized which means they arenā€™t very nimble in their decision making.
Sponsored