2022 F150 Lightning Pricing Revealed ⚡️

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
Ford was up front from the start that the Pro with the ER battery would only be available to Fleet buyers, but the fly in the ointment was the 9K trim package upgrade to get the ER battery on the XLT/Lariat. So without a price advantage it all boils down to how you are going to use the vehicle. For me personally I would consider the Pro limited range expectable if I could configure a single cab 8 ft bed but that option isn't even on the radar with Ford. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Plus GM Silverado tomorrow also.
Sponsored

Engi_Nerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR, Alfa Romeo Giulia
I have a first 10K reservation with a dealer that has confirmed they will not be adding a markup. I was drawn by the initial low price and the onboard power but the final design and pricing are really not appealing IMO. Yes you get a dealer network but the ugly aero wheels, awkwardly low ground clearance and FORD INTERIOR just do not seem appealing at 80 grand. I considered buying to flip but spending nearly 90 grand with tax on a vehicle I don't like is way too much risk, regardless of what internet experts say. Can any of you really see someone paying 100 large for this thing?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I have a first 10K reservation with a dealer that has confirmed they will not be adding a markup. I was drawn by the initial low price and the onboard power but the final design and pricing are really not appealing IMO. Yes you get a dealer network but the ugly aero wheels, awkwardly low ground clearance and FORD INTERIOR just do not seem appealing at 80 grand. I considered buying to flip but spending nearly 90 grand with tax on a vehicle I don't like is way too much risk, regardless of what internet experts say. Can any of you really see someone paying 100 large for this thing?
Like you said, the design is kind of vanilla. Someone may pay $100k, early on, but I think with its design it will be hard for someone to have an emotional attachment or desire, like they might for a Raptor or TRX where they feel like they are getting something fun, a high end toy. The Lightning doesn't seem that way to me. The Lightning might make sense on paper, it checks some boxes on a list, but seems devoid of emotion. Also, eventually, the truck supply will catch back up, maybe not the vast numbers of the past, but there will be trucks again, and not many will feel the need to pay the premium the Lightning will carry over an ICE truck. All I know is other than the last year or two, autos in general are awful investments, unless you have something that is extremely rare or special.

HTownB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
There are rumors the extended range battery really gets closer to 400 miles in range. Anyone heard if the regular battery gets a similar boost? If the regular battery gets anywhere close to the Rivian large pack then a base Lariat is $10k less but without several features unique to the R1T.

GOFAST

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, Acura TLX, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
There are rumors the extended range battery really gets closer to 400 miles in range. Anyone heard if the regular battery gets a similar boost? If the regular battery gets anywhere close to the Rivian large pack then a base Lariat is $10k less but without several features unique to the R1T.
Ford is still advertising 230 miles for standard and 300 for extended range. EPA range not yet certified. I had high hopes that Range would be higher than initial advertisement, but after hearing battery size is smaller than Rivian I don’t think Lightning range is going to be much more than 230/300…..hope I’m wrong.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

I've read that rumor, but Fords extended range battery is similar size to Rivian's Large, which is 314 mile range. I have a hard time believing the rumored 400mi given the larger physical size of the Lightning, although maybe having two less motors helps, and I don't know the Lightnings weight. But I also think that if it could get close to 400 miles, Ford would advertise that, who wouldn't? Certainly 400 miles sounds better than 300 miles to a customer. Also, judging by the Mach E stated ranges, it seems like customers can get close to Ford's projected ranges in real world ideal conditions, so I would think Ford would take the same philosophy/methodology in projecting all their EV ranges to be consistent. But we really won't know until actual customers have them.
Sponsored