First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
As has been the question since the beginning, what will the individual dealer "additional markups" come to. It sounds like many dealers have been kind to their customers in keeping it to $0, or at least low, but that can vary widely.
Mine is keeping it zero for factory orders, but if it gets to sit on the lot to sell to the general public they will mark it up.

It also seems pretty regional, which I suspect is due to having large corporations dominating some regions.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Mine is keeping it zero for factory orders, but if it gets to sit on the lot to sell to the general public they will mark it up.

It also seems pretty regional, which I suspect is due to having large corporations dominating some regions.
SeaGeo,

I'm hearing the same from others, as well. If I remember correctly, you were wise enough to arrange that up front when selecting your dealer. Hopefully, others took the same tact of finding out in advance what their dealer would charge. I guess that's all dependent on the dealer following through and not changing their game once the trucks actually start to arrive. Not that a dealership would do such a thing.... ?

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
Looks like to me the Lariat Premium package at $79k is the minimum you'd have to get to be roughly equivalent to the Rivian R1T. You don't get 300 mile range until you get to that point. It's hard to do a direct comparison with the limited amount of information so far.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Looks like to me the Lariat Premium package at $79k is the minimum you'd have to get to be roughly equivalent to the Rivian R1T. You don't get 300 mile range until you get to that point. It's hard to do a direct comparison with the limited amount of information so far.
300 miles as standard. People are supposed to be able to add the extended range to the xlt and regular lariat trim for somewhere between 7k and 10k.

But yes, the R1T shows up as a value pretty quickly.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I've got a reservation and if I could actually get one for $40k I would do it although I really hope they come out with a Maverick EV as that would be the sweet size for my needs.
Getting the R1S regardless of what Ford does.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

300 miles as standard. People are supposed to be able to add the extended range to the xlt and regular lariat trim for somewhere between 7k and 10k.

But yes, the R1T shows up as a value pretty quickly.
Agreed. This is the 2nd reason I'm more likely to follow through with an R1T. The 1st being that it's more more off road oriented.

IMO, the XLT with the extended range battery makes a lot more sense than even the base Lariat trim.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

The Lariat is the same price as the R1T. Yes the Lightening has less range but has a bigger bed and interior space. So some people will compare those two together. The R1T will have greater availability given the later roll out of the Lightening.

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
I see my LE R1T with FE interior, off road package, spare tire, cross bars, and charger for $78K as a better value than the Lariat+ for $79K (actually $80K with fords charger to keep it apples to apples) but that's just my use case others will see the Lariat+ as being more truck and not care about some of the gimicky tech-y stuff on the Rivian. I'm a sucker for gimicky tech-y stuff. End of the day there's no right or wrong answer. I think Ford will be thrilled to sell 500K lightnings/ year and Rivian 150K R1T's hopefully s00n.

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Tons of details here:
Uh... This is most certainly proprietary trade secret type info, can't imagine this will stay posted long. Not saying I read it but this hypothetically would have some very interesting info. I may be calling my Ford dealer tomorrow about my reservation!

Harvest

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Rivian R1T Adventure Forest Green
Occupation
agriculture
I found this part particularly interesting - they are clearly giving dealers some extra incentive to promote the Ford Lightening, since they know some dealers will drag their feet on an EV.
  • Dealers earn up to 10.0% on a F-150 Lightning vs. 6.4% for an F-150 ICE sold at invoice

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
As has been the question since the beginning, what will the individual dealer "additional markups" come to. It sounds like many dealers have been kind to their customers in keeping it to $0, or at least low, but that can vary widely.
In my area, the Ford dealers are doing exactly what gives them a bad image. A co-worker had an order for a Mach-E and the salesperson repeatedly told him no "premium" dealer delivery fees, including stating that in emails. When it came to finalize the deal, the Sales Manger added $5,000 to the price and refused to take it off. He talked to a few other dealers and found one who was not adding any fees. He then called Ford CS, raised hell, sent them the emails, and Ford moved the order to the dealer.

This is why dealers suck.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

In my area, the Ford dealers are doing exactly what gives them a bad image. A co-worker had an order for a Mach-E and the salesperson repeatedly told him no "premium" dealer delivery fees, including stating that in emails. When it came to finalize the deal, the Sales Manger added $5,000 to the price and refused to take it off. He talked to a few other dealers and found one who was not adding any fees. He then called Ford CS, raised hell, sent them the emails, and Ford moved the order to the dealer.

This is why dealers suck.
Well, it's one of many reasons the dealership model sucks. Thank goodness they're here to protect us from those nasty manufacturers!
Sponsored