Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

The cool thing about AA and CP is that if you don’t need it you don’t have to use it. There are plenty of people that agree that Rivian has not and will not build a better interface or nav system. Maybe not for you but I care about as much for your opinion as you care about others. The difference is that one will allow others to enjoy their truck more.
If it causes other issues ala polestar it will cause me to enjoy the truck less. So I fully disagree with your sentiment. If people are so hellbent on AA or CP they can run it on their own phones and not on the truck. I hear it works just fine that way.
Sponsored

SNOWinSEA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
If it causes other issues ala polestar it will cause me to enjoy the truck less. So I fully disagree with your sentiment. If people are so hellbent on AA or CP they can run it on their own phones and not on the truck. I hear it works just fine that way.
Sounds like an issue with crappy engineering in Polestar considering 90% of cars today have this with no issues.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I got the last update 24-48 hours after people here reported it. I am still waiting for this one. Hopefully it’s there in the morning.

FrankieJ

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T and Mercedes GLE 53 AMG
1000% this!
I think most EV manufacturers are overthinking things with the exception of the Ford F150.
The only part of the car that needs to be changed is the drive train. There is no sense in trying to reinvent the rest of the car after 120+ years of evolution. The x things that would make the RIVIAN 1000x better would be:

• A Start/Stop button that lets the user decide when the vehicle should be powered and when it should just go to sleep.
  • A proximity key fob that unlocks the door with a touch of the handle. Or at least push on the handle ...
  • An infotainment system that doesn't reinvent the way we all access our media through our phone. Aka, CarPlay and AA
All three of these can be addressed with OTA (and perhaps a new key fob).
You must own an F-150 Lightning to make such a bold statement. There are not enough of them out there to say they have everything right. I give Rivian credit for releasing as many updates as they have understanding that the user experience is what is driving all the changes. Should they have figured all of these out before release? Perhaps but at least they are listening- for the most part.

Sponsored

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Never had an update before, matter of fact RVA SC couldn't deliver me the Dirty Bastard because it wouldn't update... So I'm anxious about this update. What alert/pop-up do I get?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Never had an update before, matter of fact RVA SC couldn't deliver me the Dirty Bastard because it wouldn't update... So I'm anxious about this update. What alert/pop-up do I get?
Some get an alert in the app (I never have and get all of the updates day 1) but you will get an alert on the center display indicating an update is ready. This alert only happens after it downloads and is ready to install. You can check the update page in settings to see if it has detected an available update, and the download status in %.

Taysh831

First Name
Ritesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

Can anyone who got the update confirm if the center vent issue has been fixed. Mine tends To close fully and stay closed after each drive and requires me to turn off the center vent for 5 seconds and then back on to have it be adjustable again.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Can anyone who got the update confirm if the center vent issue has been fixed. Mine tends To close fully and stay closed after each drive and requires me to turn off the center vent for 5 seconds and then back on to have it be adjustable again.
I had never noticed that issue tbh. But as of this morning (I got the update yesterday) the vent was closed when I got in the truck, but opened up immediately as soon as I put my foot on the brake to “wake up” the truck

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Some get an alert in the app (I never have and get all of the updates day 1) but you will get an alert on the center display indicating an update is ready. This alert only happens after it downloads and is ready to install. You can check the update page in settings to see if it has detected an available update, and the download status in %.
Thanks... Waiting. I have a service call next Fri, hoping I get update by then or I'll have them push to make sure it works.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Has anyone with .04 gotten this update? Or have only .03 people gotten it?

Last edited:

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Thanks... Waiting. I have a service call next Fri, hoping I get update by then or I'll have them push to make sure it works.
I was told by css that all pushes should be complete within 7 days (from yesterday)

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

One odd thing I am noticing about pet mode. When it turns off the Rivian seems to want to make sure you know and keeps the “Pet Comfort mode was turned off” message in the alert section. Doesn’t seem to be a way to remove the alert after.

I guess this was not the intended behavior.

Rford71

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline, Audi TT
Occupation
Firefighter
Does anyone know if they are still pushing out the new OTA? It’s been several days now and I have not received the firmware update.

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
Does anyone know if they are still pushing out the new OTA? It’s been several days now and I have not received the firmware update.
I’m still waiting on mine too. I heard they are doing it in batches. My vehicle is in the mid 5,000. How about yours?
Sponsored