Sponsored

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
At least the people on the polestar forums have a right to complain about it. Polestar promised it as a feature for a long time and it just finally came available last week. But, that patch broke a bunch of unrelated stuff so they pulled the patch until they can fix those things. Most likely it required re-archetecting parts of their system and it broke things.

Rivian's statement has always been that they have no plans to implement it. And based on how it has been going with Polestar, I hope they stick to that plan.

I regret telling people who were so concerned about carplay not being a feature to not worry about it. You should have, and cancel your Rivian orders. Because if you feel like Rivian owes you something they have said they are not going to implement just because you spent $80-90k on a vehicle, I hate to break it to you, but they don't.
Polestar actually has basic features that i'd expect in 2010, let alone 2022 like the ability to play audio via USB vs only using bluetooth. I'll take a subpar CarPlay experience over being forced to use Bluetooth (or spotify).

I haven't received this update myself yet, hopefully I'll get it in the next few days
Sponsored

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Framing feature requests as “entitlement” is the dumbest position I’ve seen yet on this forum.

Rivian told us they weren’t implementing CarPlay because they were going to deliver something better. So far they haven’t done that, and there’s no evidence that the features we want which are enabled via CarPlay are coming.

If you’re tired of hearing about CarPlay on this forum then you should join us in demanding it. The sooner they add it the sooner we’ll shut up about its absence. Until then we’ll continue to request it and mention when the numerous infotainment shortcomings could be addressed by its addition.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

Framing feature requests as “entitlement” is the dumbest position I’ve seen yet on this forum.

Rivian told us they weren’t implementing CarPlay because they were going to deliver something better. So far they haven’t done that, and there’s no evidence that the features we want which are enabled via CarPlay are coming.

If you’re tired of hearing about CarPlay on this forum then you should join us in demanding it. The sooner they add it the sooner we’ll shut up about its absence. Until then we’ll continue to request it and mention when the numerous infotainment shortcomings could be addressed by its addition.
I respect each of your rights to discuss AA and CP. There are threads dedicated to it. The issue most of us have is how it crops up elsewhere. I follow the threads that interest me and ignore the others. It makes it hard to be an active participant in this forum when topics are shifted mid-thread. I like both AA and CP and support having the features added, but don't want to read about it in every thread.

Good Luck. I hope it shows up in a release, but until it does can we please relegate the discussion to the relevant threads?

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I respect each of your rights to discuss AA and CP. There are threads dedicated to it. The issue most of us have is how it crops up elsewhere. I follow the threads that interest me and ignore the others. It makes it hard to be an active participant in this forum when topics are shifted mid-thread. I like both AA and CP and support having the features added, but don't want to read about it in every thread.

Good Luck. I hope it shows up in a release, but until it does can we please relegate the discussion to the relevant threads?
This is a fair position, but ironically this thread in particular delved into it due to a comment made in jest, then a snide remark made in response. It's like replying all to a huge email thread telling people to stop replying all.

Also, I would argue a software update thread discussing features and lack thereof is pretty relevant.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Also, I would argue a software update thread discussing features and lack thereof is pretty relevant.
Is it though? That topic has been discussed ad nauseam in so many threads already.

I guess in reality it is a benefit for me, ends up saving me a lot of time. Between the AA/CP hijacked threads and people going overboard complaining about the delays in so many threads, there are actually very few threads I waste time reading on this forum now.

SunDevil2213

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Construction Cost Consultant
I wouldn't say it's missing it. That implies it's something of value to be included.
Just because you don't value it doesn't mean several thousand other people don't. I don't care about AA, but I want the Rivian to have it just as much as CP.

MNLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I have Vehicles
But why are you entitled to those features? That's the point. Complaining about them gives off the same stink as snarking about how your wife doesn't have a rack like Pamela Anderson, so she should get plastic surgery.
Entitlement? That’s a weird twist. Your orbit is from a different universe than mine regarding this topic

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Some people want AA/CP, some people don’t, some people don’t care either way.

Boom. Done. Summarised.

Can we PLEASE move on now?

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner
After the last software update I started having an issue with my wipers coming on for a single swipe when I put the truck in gear. Doesn’t happen all the time but does happen 4-5 times a week. Does anyone know if this issue is fixed in this latest update?

Sponsored

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
After the last software update I started having an issue with my wipers coming on for a single swipe when I put the truck in gear. Doesn’t happen all the time but does happen 4-5 times a week. Does anyone know if this issue is fixed in this latest update?
Can't answer your question but I too have been getting that. I have an unhealthy hatred for wipers being on when they shouldn't. Had to turn off auto wipers.

frostbit3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Same here, getting the phantom single wipe when I put it in drive. Every single time I’ve told my wife about it and tried to show her it hasn’t done it, so there’s that.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Just because you don't value it doesn't mean several thousand other people don't. I don't care about AA, but I want the Rivian to have it just as much as CP.
Funny, I agree with you. Rivian needs neither of them equally as much.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Same here, getting the phantom single wipe when I put it in drive. Every single time I’ve told my wife about it and tried to show her it hasn’t done it, so there’s that.
Whenever mine does it, there's a visible amount of dust that accumulates on the blade during the wipe. I don't always have the wipe. I'm thinking that the camera system is staying awake and detecting enough of a change that it's screaming at the wipers to wipe until they actually are enabled.

SNOWinSEA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure
Funny, I agree with you. Rivian needs neither of them equally as much.
The cool thing about AA and CP is that if you don’t need it you don’t have to use it. There are plenty of people that agree that Rivian has not and will not build a better interface or nav system. Maybe not for you but I care about as much for your opinion as you care about others. The difference is that one will allow others to enjoy their truck more.
Sponsored