Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
After one day with 23.5, I can tell you that the infotainment software is much less buggy than on 19. On 19, I had all kinds of issues with playing music on FM radio and Spotify. That seems all fixed on 23. Not going to repeat all the other things previously mentioned, but I had not seen any references to this so thought I would chime in. Big improvement on this.
Seems experienced are mixed on that. 23 is waaaay more buggy for me. I have a service ticket in and my guide said she’s heard some other similar issues. Not sure what variable is causing some to work and others not.
Sponsored

E Parx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Haven't seen this mentioned in any of the 20 pages so far:

Has anyone had an issue where after using pet mode (once briefly as a test), it stays as a notification that pet mode is now turned off? Everytime it passes the 24 hour mark it stays and resets time elapsed. Am I missing something? It's super minor but keeps the notification icon always on.

Otherwise, only issue I had with the update was having to switch display back to auto as others have mentioned.

All in all, seems like another good update. Loving the improvements and detailed release notes every update.

rodhx

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 03 IS300 5spd track/autox
I have that persistent notification icon after I sampled pet mode for a few seconds.

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Just got this today, finally

ccmun

First Name
Silva
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T, KTM 1290
Occupation
Tech Consulting
Parked my truck at an airport as my family and I are on a 10 day vacation out of the country. Updated to 23.05 two days into my trip and so far on day 4, I have lost an average of 2.5% of range per day.

Sorry if this is a redundant question, but anyone experienced this level of phantom drain?

Sponsored

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Parked my truck at an airport as my family and I are on a 10 day vacation out of the country. Updated to 23.05 two days into my trip and so far on day 4, I have lost an average of 2.5% of range per day.

Sorry if this is a redundant question, but anyone experienced this level of phantom drain?
Some have worse, some have better. Newest software, Gear Guard on…I see 1.4-1.6 per day. Temp is 100+ every day.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Has anyone had an issue where after using pet mode (once briefly as a test), it stays as a notification that pet mode is now turned off? Everytime it passes the 24 hour mark it stays and resets time elapsed. Am I missing something? It's super minor but keeps the notification icon always on.
I saw this for the first time today and logged on the check the thread. I guess it's a thing. :(

xeeps

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Jaguar iPace, Volvo XC 90 PHEV
Clubs

Sadly my mirrors are the only things that adjust with the profile toggling. I’ll report back after the update to see if that solves it.
So the update did nothing to fix this. Profile switching only adjusts the mirrors. The seat doesn't move at all. I'm beginning to think it's something other than software at this point.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
So the update did nothing to fix this. Profile switching only adjusts the mirrors. The seat doesn't move at all. I'm beginning to think it's something other than software at this point.
I submitted a ticket for this a few months back, but my symptoms were a bit different than yours (my seats would restore for a while, but then stop after a few weeks; an infotainment reset would restore the functionality). The service agent mentioned a calibration that needs to be done on the seats, which is similar to the windows from what I understand. Just like the auto-up/down windows, if the calibration isn't done, the auto restore feature of the seats won't work. Unfortunately, since a reset resolved my issue, I didn't get the calibration procedure from them; you may want to try a similar procedure to the window calibration and see what happens though!

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

Haven't seen this mentioned in any of the 20 pages so far:

Otherwise, only issue I had with the update was having to switch display back to auto as others have mentioned.

All in all, seems like another good update. Loving the improvements and detailed release notes every update.
Yeah same here. I reported it somewhere, not sure if it was this thread. I have used pet mode multiple times, the alert comes and goes.

Sponsored

momo3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lucid Air, 718 Spyder
I think there is some improvement to profile switching. My wife came home and parked the car. A couple hours later i walked out to the car, and the profile/seat were correctly switched to my position. Huzzah! I hope it wasn't a fluke though. I will report after a few more days.

Air conditioning vent positioning is not fixed though, same issues with the outside vent getting stuck in some odd position.

xeeps

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I submitted a ticket for this a few months back, but my symptoms were a bit different than yours (my seats would restore for a while, but then stop after a few weeks; an infotainment reset would restore the functionality). The service agent mentioned a calibration that needs to be done on the seats, which is similar to the windows from what I understand. Just like the auto-up/down windows, if the calibration isn't done, the auto restore feature of the seats won't work. Unfortunately, since a reset resolved my issue, I didn't get the calibration procedure from them; you may want to try a similar procedure to the window calibration and see what happens though!
And here I was hopeful when I started reading about the seat calibration.. only to have my hopes dashed on the rocks of "restarting fixed it for me". :( Thanks for the hint though.. the automatic windows is a good call because I had the same issue with the windows which was fixed with a calibration for them.

Marchin_MTB

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

"Reduced volume level of the pedestrian audio alert" Yeah!!!

Now please make it zero in Off-Road mode...
In my case at least, this seemed really dramatic. I can no longer make it out with the windows down and it was really obvious/loud before as the vehicle crossed the speed threshold for the warning.

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
In my case at least, this seemed really dramatic. I can no longer make it out with the windows down and it was really obvious/loud before as the vehicle crossed the speed threshold for the warning.
I never noticed the PWS before the update even, but I also haven't really had a scenario where the fans weren't running to be able to hear it.

xeeps

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

And here I was hopeful when I started reading about the seat calibration.. only to have my hopes dashed on the rocks of "restarting fixed it for me". :( Thanks for the hint though.. the automatic windows is a good call because I had the same issue with the windows which was fixed with a calibration for them.
Alas a call to Rivian service didn't produce anything that worked. I spoke with two people who didn't really know of a way to calibrate the seat other than moving it all the way back and then all the way forward... no button holding like the window. Suffice it to say it didn't fix my particular issue. Waiting on an official callback to schedule someone to look at it in person.
Sponsored