First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
The truck and app show it’s on the latest version. I contacted Rivian and they’re going to investigate but the support guy told me they couldn’t do anything. Truck runs fine and even has the new features from this update.
With you being in IT I can only imagine how unsettling that is.

Good luck, hopefully they find something in the logs to indicates it is a non-issue.
Sponsored

trez63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Gladiator, Porsche GT4, and a bunch of bikes
Clubs

So the proximity feature is better but still is buggy. I have it set to not lock the truck while I'm at home, but last night my camera caught it just locking the car at 10:04PM without any provocation.

https://video.nest.com/clip/eed6990c141b44ccb35c8300abec051b.mp4

Circumstances:
- Truck had been parked for at least 6 hours
- It had about 120 miles of charge and not plugged in at the time
- Parked in my garage which is saved as my home address
- Key was about 30 ft from the truck at the time. Phone was about 50 ft and several walls away from the truck at the time.

Maybe??? I think that it's constantly checking to see if it's at home using some API. If that API fails to returns a valid flag it locks the doors?

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
So the proximity feature is better but still is buggy. I have it set to not lock the truck while I'm at home, but last night my camera caught it just locking the car at 10:04PM without any provocation.

https://video.nest.com/clip/eed6990c141b44ccb35c8300abec051b.mp4

Circumstances:
- Truck had been parked for at least 6 hours
- It had about 120 miles of charge and not plugged in at the time
- Parked in my garage which is saved as my home address
- Key was about 30 ft from the truck at the time. Phone was about 50 ft and several walls away from the truck at the time.

Maybe??? I think that it's constantly checking to see if it's at home using some API. If that API fails to returns a valid flag it locks the doors?
So crazy. I'd put in a ticket just so they are aware and can get your logs to see what happened.

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
.19 update installing, holding onto my butt! 🙏 🤞

Update successful yesterday evening, garaged all night and charged from 68-->70%, and checked for first time since update this morning, read all the new features, and everything is working so far, including radio! Will do a road test today and see if any issues, will report back if any.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Done and done here.

R1TMDSD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda CX-5, GMC Yukon XL
Installed .19 update last night and the proximity lock/unlock fix for being at home seems to work well. Truck (garaged) went to sleep unlocked and was unlocked and asleep this morning when I went out to the garage to leave. I went into the garage a couple times last night and it stayed asleep while I was in there. It “woke up” when I opened the door to get in this morning. Overall seems like a significant improvement compared to before.

So far no other bugs that I’ve noticed.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Got mine too yesterday, so far so good.

AltaTruck

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda RX8, R1T, Alta EXR (road) , Alta EXR (woods)
Occupation
Retired Science teacher
I got mine the other day and now my phone will not connect bluetooth for my playlist. The song will show on the screen, it says it is connected, but you cannot play anything...........other than "Sounds of Silence". Also my seat cooler seems to have diminished in effectiveness since the update. I have sent a note to my guide.

Ronimal

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Jeep Wagoneer
Mine installed .19 a couple days ago. I’ve put on around 50 miles since and all seems well. I’ve set the new proximity phone auto lock/unlock to “off at home” and it works. I just manually lock it in the phone app at home.

I’ve noticed less vampire drain. Went from losing 1-3% overnight on .15 to less than 1% on .19. So for example, last night the range went down 2 miles but the % charge stayed the same. I’ve noticed it seems much more “quiet” at rest, with much less random fans and things running when I walk by after it’s been parked.

Seems like a solid improvement!

Sponsored

cjust2006

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adv Limestone
Occupation
IT Analyst
Just noticed that now auto brights remain in the state they were left in from the previous drive. I was hoping that would happen, but noticing it's completely absent from release notes. So now I wonder, why wouldn't they include every detail of what's changed? They omitted it. Why?

mgc0216

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, BMW R1200RT, BMW F800GS
Occupation
Software guy
Clubs

Just got update this morning. Seems to have positively changed a Gear Guard "behavior" for me even though I didn't see it fixing my issue in the release notes.

Gear Guard is one of those things I just chalked up to "I guess I don't understand how its supposed to work." Figured maybe it only worked when cable was engaged. I'd never gotten any videos after I knew people had been around the vehicle. The only videos I'd see were from the delivery trip, which was interesting. CYA for delivery person?

After update, video screen displayed with update complete message. There was ~10 seconds of video from each camera from right after update. I deleted them. I just walked out around the truck and the Gear Guard Yeti popped up on the screen. I don't have "Home" set yet but would expect to be ignored in my driveway when I do. THIS is the way I expected Gear Guard to behave. Yay!
Exactly the same with me.

Jtg11

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Mustang Mach E GT, Audi Q5,
Clubs

My "Home" feature does not work. Is it using the address in Navigation for "Home" as I did not see where to set "home"? I believe the issue for me may be that my address in Navigation shows me "home" at the entrance to my driveway, which is about 200 yards from my garage, so it does not think I am home while in the garage. I would be nice to be able to set "Home" based on a specific location.

Am I missing something on setting "Home"?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The truck and app show it’s on the latest version. I contacted Rivian and they’re going to investigate but the support guy told me they couldn’t do anything. Truck runs fine and even has the new features from this update.
I had the same thing, but the truck also noted the update failed (so did the app). So they had to push it to me again. It was only when it was ready that I realized I had the new features. I called service about it, and they checked my logs and the rep noted that my map updates didn't take, that I should do the full reset, and suggested no L2 charging while updating for this one. Which made sense as it seemed to have an stop charging during thr actual update the first time. Worked fine the second time.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
My "Home" feature does not work. Is it using the address in Navigation for "Home" as I did not see where to set "home"? I believe the issue for me may be that my address in Navigation shows me "home" at the entrance to my driveway, which is about 200 yards from my garage, so it does not think I am home while in the garage. I would be nice to be able to set "Home" based on a specific location.

Am I missing something on setting "Home"?
Press the star button in the Navigation system.
Sponsored