Sponsored

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

Update just became available to me today. Gonna wait until tonight to install it. I wish there was a way to initiate the download but not start the update. That way I could just download it now and then apply it later when I have time to observe.
It should do this automatically in the truck, that's what mine did anyway.
It downloads to the truck and let’s you know it is ready. You initiate the update from phone or truck.
I don’t think anyone has waited to see if after some time truck just does it 🤣 but that seems unlikely since you maylose access for 40-75 mins - this one took me close to an hour and a half with progress going up and then went from 89-83-77 before finishing up
Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
Just received my software notification 2 hours ago. Download completed and installation is 90%. I'm so excited; can't wait to see what's new and exciting!!

rockdogz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Got it installed! Can’t tell much of a difference yet.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1T QM, '23 R1S QM, '23 MY DM, '24 Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric bum
Initial impression is that during L2 charging at home is now much much quieter.

Last edited:

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Still waiting...:(

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Does the update alert on the app pop-up in obvious way from the opening home screen? Or do you need to burrow down into the Software status menu to find alert and trigger the update?

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
Does the update alert on the app pop-up in obvious way from the opening home screen? Or do you need to burrow down into the Software status menu to find alert and trigger the update?
My .15 update notification was apparent on the home screen on the truck and the app 2-3 days after initial delivery on 5/21. Waited until got home from a trip to install.

Have no idea how to trigger the .19 update, or any other update. For now, just checking my app a few times a day when not driving it. Guess it comes when it comes...

miasm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Yay! My real-time efficiency graph was always messed up, or just not present. Latest update seems to have fixed that.

Looking forward to the preconditioning and other features.

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

When in the app, pretty sure it showed on the Home Screen at the top for me. It also showed at the top when going to the additional details screen (swiping up from the main truck menu) and then also into vehicle software settings.
I've never gotten an alert on my phone that I've had an update ready

miasm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I've never gotten an alert on my phone that I've had an update ready
I didn't get an alert, but when I went into the app, after it was done downloading, in the app there was a little banner for me to touch and then I was able to kick off actually applying to update, and watch the progress, via my phone. But I could only see download % from the vehicle.

Sponsored

Kryptonlogic

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
riviantrackr.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
:(

Rivian R1T R1S 2022.19.03 Software Update Released! -- Preconditioning, 12v Battery Drain Fix, Soft Sand Mode + More 8647BA83-D01C-4C26-A1CE-5CEB2F944071

bhopkins

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Got the update this afternoon and just finished installing. Will check it out tomorrow on a longish drive.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Did it at least rollback successfully? Did you get it to go?

That happened once on my Tesla, after verifying the rollback was good and everything was working, I rebooted the car and it went the second time.

Kryptonlogic

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
riviantrackr.com
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT Director
Did it at least rollback successfully? Did you get it to go?

That happened once on my Tesla, after verifying the rollback was good and everything was working, I rebooted the car and it went the second time.
The truck and app show it’s on the latest version. I contacted Rivian and they’re going to investigate but the support guy told me they couldn’t do anything. Truck runs fine and even has the new features from this update.

jerseyff

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T; mazdaspeed3
Occupation
IT
Pops up over whatever screen you are on when you enter the truck and soon as you press park after driving.
Sponsored