Sponsored

summer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3
Can you tell any difference on road noise or riding comfort?

Yeah, they were pretty good. I pushed them a bit and they responded well. I never had any issues, and my neighborhood hasn’t been plowed. I could get them to break loose a bit with heavy acceleration but they quickly corrected. I can’t compare to the ATs but I feel confident with them.
Sponsored

bjcleaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco FE, Tesla Model Y, R1T
I just ordered the Nokian Hakkapeliitta LT3s. Should be here after Thanksgiving. The 20" ATs have been pretty good for me so far in the snow. But the more I thought about it the more it made sense to go from good enough to better/best. We've had cold temps the last week and the ATs just seem really hard - great for holding all that weight in the summer heat, but softer is better for winter.

And this way I can only blame my driving moving forward and not the tires. :)

OP
OP
Andystroh

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Can you tell any difference on road noise or riding comfort?
i am not the most sensitive to that stuff, but not that I or my wife have noticed.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I was looking at these for the 22's which look like they would fit but perhaps wouldn't have the correct load rating? I don't know enough about tires, only that these would fit...

Rivian R1T R1S 20” Blizzak snow tires installed 1669161242568

bjcleaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was looking at these for the 22's which look like they would fit but perhaps wouldn't have the correct load rating? I don't know enough about tires, only that these would fit...

1669161242568.png
I think the load rating is too low on those. The X-Ice have a higher load rating but are hard to find from what I’ve read. Nokians might be the best option but again are hard to find. Maybe Simpletire has them?

Sponsored

Aag12

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Na
I think the load rating is too low on those. The X-Ice have a higher load rating but are hard to find from what I’ve read. Nokians might be the best option but again are hard to find. Maybe Simpletire has them?
I think while the load rating is lower than the oem, it should still support the car safely, right? It's still 10,700 rated. Just my guess though.

The issue I found is shops won't install it if it's lower than oem

bjcleaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I think while the load rating is lower than the oem, it should still support the car safely, right? It's still 10,700 rated. Just my guess though.

The issue I found is shops won't install it if it's lower than oem
If a car manufacturer says load rating is X then that’s the minimum any tire shop will/should put on it. It’s a liability issue to use less.

RobR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Well with some snow in the forecast we decided to swap over to some 20” Blizzak LT snow tires. These are in the stock size, I think they are a few pounds heavier than the stock pirellis. Rivian would not install aftermarket tires so I had discount tire do it, I removed the panels to try to save the clips since I was nervous about them doing any extra work. They were excited to work on a rivian.

we average 2.1-2.2 on trips, with a 7k mile average of 2.3; I’ll update the thread once we’ve put some miles on these. First few miles home on a highway I didn’t noticed any additional noise or decrease in ride quality, but we’ll see if we notice after some more driving.

41480CC9-1577-4F55-8B33-040AD7116C38.jpeg

675D9842-C62E-4987-B032-194C7F79A88A.jpeg

Good detail share! Thanks for posting.

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Yes I think the load rating is low, my only issue is I’m not a fan of paying $500 per tire for the 22” Nokians and can almost get a new rim/tire setup in 20” for the same price….

bjcleaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes I think the load rating is low, my only issue is I’m not a fan of paying $500 per tire for the 22” Nokians and can almost get a new rim/tire setup in 20” for the same price….
It stinks that there are just so few options for winter tires in the 22" with the proper load rating - looks like Pirelli made these 115 load Scorpions specifically for the Rivian because all their other Scorpions in this size are 111.

I don't know anything about this website but they say they have the X-Ice in stock:
https://wheelhaven.com/en-us/produc...-suv-275-50r22-115h-xl?variant=42246491504829

Sponsored

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
It stinks that there are just so few options for winter tires in the 22" with the proper load rating - looks like Pirelli made these 115 load Scorpions specifically for the Rivian because all their other Scorpions in this size are 111.

I don't know anything about this website but they say they have the X-Ice in stock:
https://wheelhaven.com/en-us/produc...-suv-275-50r22-115h-xl?variant=42246491504829
I do think those would work at 115 load rating

https://tires.costco.com/Product?It...-snow&partno=27532&width=275&aspect=50&rim=22

bjcleaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For those of you with snow tires and the full size spare, did you order a 5th snow tire to swap out on the spare? Or just rolling with the AT on the spare?

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
For those of you with snow tires and the full size spare, did you order a 5th snow tire to swap out on the spare? Or just rolling with the AT on the spare?
Rolling with AT spare...with the intent to just get me out of a bind and back to civilization / home.

sierraskier

First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Earthroamer, Rivian R1T x 2, KTM 300 XCW
Update: R1T with snows works pretty well in snow over the doors (Highest, Off Road ) :rock:

EDIT: to be fair, I'm pretty sure the OEM Pirelli AT's could do this too. it's packed snow/ice where you really notice the difference...

Last edited:

Mike TDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
11 Chevy Volt, 11 Camaro 1SS, 02 Chevy 2500HD,
Occupation
Retired