First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch Edition, 2020 Acura RDX Advance
Occupation
Engineer
This error happened to me last night. Stopped level 2 charging at 69% with "Vehicle Error" as OP showed. I unplugged and replugged. Charge port went from red to green, vehicle started charging and went the last 1% to 70. All looked okay in vehicle but app went from charging complete back to vehicle error and still indicated 69% even though vehicle showed 70%. No change with app restart. App recognized plugging and unplugging instantly but always went back to vehicle error and incorrectly reported 69%. Using the hazard button reset got everything back in sync and all seems to be good now. Concerned that this could be indicative of a looming problem with the on-board charger that others have experienced. I charged it up another 1% this morning just to make sure the truck would charge and that worked fine. Hopefully that's the end of it. Definitely agree on the super unhelpful error message!
R1T VIN: 4xxx
SW: 2023.6.5
Sponsored

dordav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
I upgraded to 2023.10.1 last night, drove the truck today, and when I returned home plugged in expecting it to charge at the scheduled time. But I noticed on the app it said "vehicle error." The Rivian wall charger (48amp) showed red, so I unplugged and replugged. Either the truck would not recognize the plug at all, or it would give an "unplug try again" error on the dash. Tried several times. Did a hard reset, and still would not recognize the plug. But 5mins later, it started charging.

I'll let it charge overnight to 70%, then I'll make sure its still working tomorrow. I'm hoping this was just a side-effect of the upgrade.

mike813

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S GW/OC/20 | 2020 Tesla Model Y
Clubs

This happened to me as well. I would plug in and the car would start charging normally, then a few minutes or an hour later the Riv would throw a "vehicle error." Happened throughout the night. Oddly enough, though, when I "woke" the vehicle through the app or by walking by with a key, it would start charging again. I entered a ticket with a bunch of screenshots and did a hard reset. I'm going to try a nice slow reboot of the charger before trying to charge tonight. See also this thread for similar discussion: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/...-question-using-rivian-charger-at-home.11043/

Rivian R1T R1S 2 week old R1T will no longer charge IMG_2578 (1).PNG

dordav

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
After the latest software upgrade, in-home (L2) charging stopped again. Truck wouldn't recognize the plug, and after 5mins it would give an error. Flipped breaker for Rivian charger, but didn't help. Rebooted truck but didn't help. Switch to L1 which was working albeit very slowly. Left it overnight, then switched back to L2 in the morning and it started working. Weird.
Sponsored