First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade
Occupation
HR
Sad day, as I am getting an error message whenever I try to charge. Home charger, EA, portable...all the same. Hard resets did nothing.

Have had no other issues these past 2 weeks, so this is definitely a sour spot. Have to drop it off at Bellevue in a couple hours and get a rental.

Has anyone else had this happen? What ended up being the fix? A part of me blames the latest OTA because it was fine until 2 days after that download.
Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Some people have had a bad charging module. That’s probably what it is. Easy fix at least.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
What is the error message you're getting?

Sponsored

Donald Stanfield

First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Depends on your service center it seems. The ATL center is super efficient and that is the only experience I have.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Sad day, as I am getting an error message whenever I try to charge. Home charger, EA, portable...all the same. Hard resets did nothing.

Have had no other issues these past 2 weeks, so this is definitely a sour spot. Have to drop it off at Bellevue in a couple hours and get a rental.

Has anyone else had this happen? What ended up being the fix? A part of me blames the latest OTA because it was fine until 2 days after that download.
Are you saying home charging and DCFC charging are both failing? That is strange. Home charging L2 goes through the onboard charger, DCFC is direct charging. Usually one or the other fails, rare to see both failing.

OP
OP

Perry24r

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade
Occupation
HR
Are you saying home charging and DCFC charging are both failing? That is strange. Home charging L2 goes through the onboard charger, DCFC is direct charging. Usually one or the other fails, rare to see both failing.
Correct, all fails. Mobile, Clipper Creek, and DCFC. I have had no issues charging every night until last night.

Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

I had this problem and they changed the charger module. Also in Bellevue. They also had to fix a bad pin in the charge port. The actual swap was done in a day. But quick turnaround depends on how backlogged they are.

OP
OP

Perry24r

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade
Occupation
HR
So interestingly, the SC got it to DC fast charge (even though EA and EVgo didn't work). But level 2 still failed, so here I am with a loaner.

Interesting to feel difference between my 22s and these 20s. Both great, just very different feeling.

Also, I just don't see what people like about Forest Edge. I think it looks like mashed peas, hate it. I miss my OC already.

SteveInBend

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 El Cap R1T
Occupation
Retired
I had the "Vehicle Error" and "Unplug and try again" errors last night.

Mine was simple fix of unplugging the charging cable from the car and rebooting the Rivian EVSE (flip the ckt breaker off, wait 1-20 secs, flip breaker back on, wait for the reboot to complete) and plug back in to the R1T.

This is the second time If have had to do this. Had the car since Sept 1st.

OP
OP

Perry24r

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade
Occupation
HR
Had to replace the onboard charging module. No explanation as to why it went bad.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
The most super unhelpful message ever.
Kind of like the super helpful Windows error message "Unexpected Error" 😞
Sponsored