First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata
Occupation
IT
Put it through it's paces towing a 4k lb trailer 200 miles each way already. And commuting. And showing it off.

Current issues:

1. Clunking/tock in the drivetrain on each side up front. Occurs when transitioning from on power to off, or vice versa. Only started after commuting 75 miles each way in Conserve mode. Won't go away in any other mode now.

2. Sensor cable came out of it's stay up front on the drivers side wheel. Sensor cable was almost hitting the rotor. Pushed it back into it's "u" notch. Might be twisted though, putting pressure on the cable/stay which caused it to come out in the first place.

3. Drivers side frame above the front control arm, there is a black bracket that attaches to the underside of the frame using two M6 10mm head nuts. One was gone completely, and the other was halfway unthreaded. Bracket was loose. Tightened up the nut that remained and replaced the other.

4. Spare tire door won't open reliably. Feels like the passenger side latch isn't releasing smoothly. Takes me prying up on the door while holding the latch to get it to pup up. Sometimes (rarely) it'll pop up on it's own.

6. Hood won't close by itself anymore. Just started today. Closes, but then opens again by itself vs latching. Probably sensor on the latch mechanism or something. Called service, they are opening a ticket, but they told me to try closing it manually. That worked fine.

7. Tailgate won't drop open by itself, even on a fairly steep hill. Has never worked that way. Will pull open though.

8. Small paint scratch inside the door jam on one of the gear tunnel doors. Came that way. I'd be happy with a small bottle of touch up paint in Forest Green. I'll likely need it in the future anyways.

9. Still waiting on my spare tire/jack/floor mats. Field kit just shipped. Also still waiting on the MCO to submit for EV credit. That should of been an easy ask, but it's been almost two weeks now. My guide is requesting it again today.

10. While towing my 14' dual axle V nose enclosed trailer, there is a pulsing on the power from the rear, even while driving at a consistent speed. It's enough to make you feel like you are riding on pavement ripples or washboard. I attribute this to an oscillating frequency between my particular trailer and the truck, but I can't know for sure until I tow something else of similar weight.

That being said, I'm still incredibly happy with the truck. Opened a service ticket today, so hopefully a few of these nagging issues will be resolved.
Sponsored

R1Tom

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Riv R1T
Occupation
Sales
A somewhat good match for Forest Green is DupliColor Chrysler PG8, but I have only used on small rock chips, so not certain for larger work.

dduffey

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla M3, Tesla MY
When you say spare cover "pops up" do you mean like 1" or more?

I have had issues with it not unlatching too but usually some good banging on the left and right side will loosen it up and then I can unlatch.

OP
OP
TheIglu

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
When you say spare cover "pops up" do you mean like 1" or more?

I have had issues with it not unlatching too but usually some good banging on the left and right side will loosen it up and then I can unlatch.

No, most of the time it doesn't pop up at all when I engage the handle. Then I need to pry it up while engaging the handle.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
No, most of the time it doesn't pop up at all when I engage the handle. Then I need to pry it up while engaging the handle.
Mine has been the same way. Not having the spare was actually nice for our beach trip, we packed the spare area with beach chairs, umbrellas, etc., but when we got there I was worried I wasn't going to get it opened. Might have to try to lube the latch or submit a service request.

OP
OP
TheIglu

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Finally was contacted by Rivian service. They are trying to get me in for an appointment the third week of August to take care of all the issues.

Updated them on a number of issues and ones that are no longer concerns. Very receptive with a good attitude of "we're going to make it all right".
Sponsored