Sponsored

2 Predictions - R1S Second Row, and Configurator Sneak Peek

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Rivian - please consider option for 6 seat configuration. Tilt/slide 2nd row does not work well with car seats.

Email response from Rivian regarding 6 seat configuration.

ME:

"Very excited to have my vehicle configured for now. Can you please comment on the possibility of an owner removing the middle seat of the 2nd row? We are a family of 6 and tilting/folding 2nd row just doesn’t work well for 3rd row access. Will a 2nd row pass through definitely not be available?"

"Hi ,

I apologize for the delay in response, we appreciate your patience. We're excited to have you one step closer to being behind the wheel. I also have a family of six and totally understand your concern about the seating. At this time, I'm not aware of other plans for a middle row seat but you never know what the future holds! I've included a picture of the second row with a seat folded for access to the third row for you. We're also working on creative solutions so our community can see vehicles in person, even test drive. We look forward to sharing those details. Thanks for being part of our preorder community, we appreciate you!"
Sponsored

KenJ

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S85D
Occupation
Engineer
Rivian - please consider option for 6 seat configuration. Tilt/slide 2nd row does not work well with car seats.

Email response from Rivian regarding 6 seat configuration.

ME:

"Very excited to have my vehicle configured for now. Can you please comment on the possibility of an owner removing the middle seat of the 2nd row? We are a family of 6 and tilting/folding 2nd row just doesn’t work well for 3rd row access. Will a 2nd row pass through definitely not be available?"

"Hi ,

I apologize for the delay in response, we appreciate your patience. We're excited to have you one step closer to being behind the wheel. I also have a family of six and totally understand your concern about the seating. At this time, I'm not aware of other plans for a middle row seat but you never know what the future holds! I've included a picture of the second row with a seat folded for access to the third row for you. We're also working on creative solutions so our community can see vehicles in person, even test drive. We look forward to sharing those details. Thanks for being part of our preorder community, we appreciate you!"
Can you possibly post that picture? I’m sure others are curious too ??

riviak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Can you possibly post that picture? I’m sure others are curious too ??
Here's the picture they sent me. Looks pretty tight to get back there for anything other than occasional use. Will likely have to reluctantly cancel preorder and go with 6 seat MX but will wait to see in person.

Rivian R1T R1S 2 Predictions - R1S Second Row, and Configurator Sneak Peek 2019_11_R1SGreen_Interior_0T6A2667

PostMinivanDad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' Pacifica PHEV, 23' 3 row Model Y
Here's the picture they sent me. Looks pretty tight to get back there for anything other than occasional use. Will likely have to reluctantly cancel preorder and go with 6 seat MX but will wait to see in person.

2019_11_R1SGreen_Interior_0T6A2667.jpg
Hum, that picture sure doesn’t say much. It could be a fold and tumble system halfway through the motion or an Expedition style car seat safe tilt and slide that is not in entry mode but fold down for cargo mode. CS reps have said seats fold 'close to flat' and one said they do offer tilt and slide....

Whatever it is, it’s probably from a prototype – I never saw a front view of 40% of a second row folded down, but not in ingress mode, in any SUV brochure: It’s pretty pointless. IMO, it reinforces that any information we get on the 2nd/3rd row is still quite tentative.

I am in the same boat you are – 3rd row access and usability might end up being a deal breaker for me. 6 seat MX is an option… But I am also hoping that a PHEV Navigator will arrive late 2021…
Sponsored