Sponsored

scr5008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Operations
Picked up my R1T in late March, put roughly 3k miles on it. Calculated that cost/mile is about $0.03 since I got so many fast charging sessions for free and I can charge at my workplace for free. Loving the truck, below are some of the cool pics I got along the way.

Pickup day, daughter loved her "tent"
Rivian R1T R1S 2 months of R1T ownership in pics tempImageKxe0y8

Rivian R1T R1S 2 months of R1T ownership in pics IMG_9541.JPEG

First road trip from Austin to west Texas. Maxed the efficiency at 4 mi/kWh coming down some of the mountains. Driver+ basically the whole way. 1000 mile round trip with total charging cost of $15. Got a lot of free sessions from EA by chance. Charged to 100% from home before the trip, put into conserve mode once I hit the highway, 347 miles of range showing.

Rivian R1T R1S 2 months of R1T ownership in pics tempImage3tuyrC
Rivian R1T R1S 2 months of R1T ownership in pics tempImageCICtxQ
Rivian R1T R1S 2 months of R1T ownership in pics tempImagep4eiDt
Rivian R1T R1S 2 months of R1T ownership in pics tempImageBCj5MQ
Rivian R1T R1S 2 months of R1T ownership in pics tempImageL0EnoK

Did a lot of hauling. Got some road base to fix some spots in my driveway, hauled some 12' lumber, and a bunch of hay for the farm. I also successfully managed to rip off the tailgate cap/cover.... so that sucks.

Rivian R1T R1S 2 months of R1T ownership in pics tempImageHKJ5Ys
Rivian R1T R1S 2 months of R1T ownership in pics tempImageeEyTCt
Rivian R1T R1S 2 months of R1T ownership in pics tempImage8vf8Xc
Rivian R1T R1S 2 months of R1T ownership in pics IMG_0493.JPEG
Rivian R1T R1S 2 months of R1T ownership in pics tempImageZwBIiL
Sponsored

Ripped

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Dual Max
Occupation
-
Love your frunk and gear tunnel inspector (very cute)
What hitch extender are you using for the lumber, as I can see myself needing one of those. And any issues strapping down the lumber so it did not flop around from the front?

Oh yeah, the yellow actually looks pretty good!

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

Awesome photos. Love Compass Yellow. Such a fun color on the truck and SUV.

OP
OP

scr5008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Operations
Love your frunk and gear tunnel inspector (very cute)
What hitch extender are you using for the lumber, as I can see myself needing one of those. And any issues strapping down the lumber so it did not flop around from the front?

Oh yeah, the yellow actually looks pretty good!
No extender. The bed is just long enough to comfortably move 12ft boards. I strapped them together tightly with the orange strap, then pulled the yellow strap tight using a tarp to help consolidate the ends, forcing the boards into the bed. I personally wouldn’t haul longer stuff, though. And 12ft is the mad that felt comfortable for my short trip back from the hardware store.

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Super cool pics and great story. Just West of ya here in Marble Falls area and snagging an R1T next week late in Austin.

Sponsored

R1TruKaLa

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘23 Blue R1T
Occupation
Merchant Seaman
Picked up my R1T in late March, put roughly 3k miles on it. Calculated that cost/mile is about $0.03 since I got so many fast charging sessions for free and I can charge at my workplace for free. Loving the truck, below are some of the cool pics I got along the way.

Pickup day, daughter loved her "tent"
tempImageKxe0y8.jpg

IMG_9541.JPEG

First road trip from Austin to west Texas. Maxed the efficiency at 4 mi/kWh coming down some of the mountains. Driver+ basically the whole way. 1000 mile round trip with total charging cost of $15. Got a lot of free sessions from EA by chance. Charged to 100% from home before the trip, put into conserve mode once I hit the highway, 347 miles of range showing.

tempImage3tuyrC.jpg
tempImageCICtxQ.jpg
tempImagep4eiDt.jpg
tempImageBCj5MQ.jpg
tempImageL0EnoK.jpg

Did a lot of hauling. Got some road base to fix some spots in my driveway, hauled some 12' lumber, and a bunch of hay for the farm. I also successfully managed to rip off the tailgate cap/cover.... so that sucks.

tempImageHKJ5Ys.jpg
tempImageeEyTCt.jpg
tempImage8vf8Xc.jpg
IMG_0493.JPEG
tempImageZwBIiL.jpg
Great pics, what tires do you have to get that
Super cool pics and great story. Just West of ya here in Marble Falls area and snagging an R1T next week late in Austin.
Great pics, what tires do you have on your R1T to get that mileage? I have 20” AT’s in conserve mode I get 313 miles. I’m envious..😎

OP
OP

scr5008

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Operations
Great pics, what tires do you have to get that

Great pics, what tires do you have on your R1T to get that mileage? I have 20” AT’s in conserve mode I get 313 miles. I’m envious..😎

These are the standard 21" wheels w/ road tires. So far I have no complaints w/ them.

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

I love it when someone (like OP) uses their pickup truck like it should be used. Too many pavement queen PU trucks out there, including plenty of Raptors.
Hmm... But I guess Raptors probably weren't designed as work trucks.
Sponsored