Sponsored

jewwithguitar

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Interested in this option as it allows for both hitch mount and cross-bar mount. Which items do I need to purchase for this set up? Any modifications necessary?
Sponsored

OP
OP
MTBer

MTBer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Winnebago Revel 4x4
Occupation
Prototype Vehicle Development
Hi, we had to make the connectors shown in the second picture to make them a 1 piece tray.

TDStudio

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Artist
I used my 1up rack for a bit but was concerned that if someone hit the tailgate button when the rack was up it would drop down an dent the tailgate. Does the lower mount get rid of this problem?

Max Power

First Name
Wyatt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - Replaces F-150 Raptor and Tesla Model 3
Hi,
They are machined details made to fit inside of the extrusion. They were hard-coated and powder coated to match the rest of the rack. We machined them manually so there is no CNC program to share with the group. Might be a little bit of overkill but there is quite a bit of stress on the trays when squeezing the wheels together.

Not that it's unique to this design but the crossbars and racks quickly come off the truck as 1 assembly and store against the garage wall. This is nice for going to the car wash or taking trips where efficiency is paramount.
Cool that you could machine them. For a second I was flustered that I hadn't seen this first before I just bought their roof rack rack.
1 UP Roof Rack

I used the flush mount and installed.

I also have their 2 bike hitch rack with 2 single bike extenders. I thought I could cannibalize the extenders and save some money, but I don't have the access/know how to machine my own tray...

I'm loving this solution. I also bout a 7" hitch extension for $30 from Amazon. 95% of my use cases are solo missions, so having a clean, integrated mount that doesn't effect visibility or tailgate is fantastic. I can toss the hitch rack on whenever I need to take a 2nd rider or more than 1 of my own bikes for different trips... Theoretically, I could shuttle 5 bikes/riders (including myself).

Rivian R1T R1S 1UP USA Equip-D trays mounted on R1T bed crossbars 69057106871__D521320B-3871-4A79-9445-5B961AC62B15
Sponsored