First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Winnebago Revel 4x4
Occupation
Prototype Vehicle Development
Finally got the Equip-D bike trays mounted this weekend. I really like these new style trays better than the former ones because of the new ratcheting system and more versatile tire-holding features. The issue was that 1UP did not make these in a 1 piece design so I had to custom-make tray connectors. I found that I can actually count the teeth showing on the front holder and land the bike in the perfect spot each time when loading. I couldn't imagine putting bike holders on the Roof, so much risk of scratching the truck up not to mention being over 10ft tall and dragging the bikes through tree branches.

They also quickly reattach to the Hitch bar carrier with a couple of screws so I can use them on the back or other vehicles.

Rivian R1T R1S 1UP USA Equip-D trays mounted on R1T bed crossbars 20221008_152306
Rivian R1T R1S 1UP USA Equip-D trays mounted on R1T bed crossbars 20221008_152322
Rivian R1T R1S 1UP USA Equip-D trays mounted on R1T bed crossbars 20221009_121503
Rivian R1T R1S 1UP USA Equip-D trays mounted on R1T bed crossbars 20221009_121445
Rivian R1T R1S 1UP USA Equip-D trays mounted on R1T bed crossbars 20221009_121518
Rivian R1T R1S 1UP USA Equip-D trays mounted on R1T bed crossbars 20221012_074638

Rivian R1T R1S 1UP USA Equip-D trays mounted on R1T bed crossbars 20220916_152417

Rivian R1T R1S 1UP USA Equip-D trays mounted on R1T bed crossbars 20220916_152405
Sponsored

Last edited:

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
I have this same rack and was looking into how to do this. Can you give more details on the connection to the cross bars? Thanks.

OP
OP
MTBer

MTBer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I have this same rack and was looking into how to do this. Can you give more details on the connection to the cross bars? Thanks.
Hi,
They are machined details made to fit inside of the extrusion. They were hard-coated and powder coated to match the rest of the rack. We machined them manually so there is no CNC program to share with the group. Might be a little bit of overkill but there is quite a bit of stress on the trays when squeezing the wheels together.

Not that it's unique to this design but the crossbars and racks quickly come off the truck as 1 assembly and store against the garage wall. This is nice for going to the car wash or taking trips where efficiency is paramount.

doit82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, R1T
ah, ok. Thanks John. So i guess no way any time soon for me to get this set up on mine.

John

Sponsored

Gavinmcc

First Name
Gavin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T!
Occupation
Medical
any reason to put on the crossbars and not just use with the hitch like the last photos?

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Hi,
They are machined details made to fit inside of the extrusion. They were hard-coated and powder coated to match the rest of the rack. We machined them manually so there is no CNC program to share with the group. Might be a little bit of overkill but there is quite a bit of stress on the trays when squeezing the wheels together.

Not that it's unique to this design but the crossbars and racks quickly come off the truck as 1 assembly and store against the garage wall. This is nice for going to the car wash or taking trips where efficiency is paramount.
Is the “flush mount” hardware oneup sells not fit for purpose?

Mathme

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T: El Cap, OC, 20AT, Off road package
Occupation
High Tech
Love the 1Up rack...mine is currently a hitch mount. While other friends are fussing getting their bikes on and off their racks, I'm busy doing other thing.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
any reason to put on the crossbars and not just use with the hitch like the last photos?
Crossbar mounting has several advantages:
  • Doesn’t make an already long vehicle even longer
  • Doesn‘t interfere with backup camera
  • Doesn’t block brake lights
  • Doesn't block access to tailgate/bed
  • Leaves receiver available for another accessory or trailer
The hitch mount has two benefits:
  • Lower height to lift bike
  • No height clearance issue

Sponsored

Crudestmass

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Firefighter
I am also using the 1Up Equip-D hitch rack on my R1T. The one down side is that the hitch position on the R1T is tucked up under the truck more than on other vehicles. I could not stow the rack in the verticle position, and I could not open the tailgate without positioning the rack all the way to the ground. I purchase the 1Up 6" Rise/Drop Hitch Receiver and it solves this issue.

kayabusa

First Name
Leandro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Printer
Oh boy That's my dream setup !!! Congrats !!!! in the meantime I have to go in my lovely volvo

Rivian R1T R1S 1UP USA Equip-D trays mounted on R1T bed crossbars IMG_0455

OP
OP
MTBer

MTBer

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I am also using the 1Up Equip-D hitch rack on my R1T. The one down side is that the hitch position on the R1T is tucked up under the truck more than on other vehicles. I could not stow the rack in the verticle position, and I could not open the tailgate without positioning the rack all the way to the ground. I purchase the 1Up 6" Rise/Drop Hitch Receiver and it solves this issue.
Hi, did you use the adapter "upside down" to drop the rack lower? Is it made of aluminum or steel?....seems very pricey
Rivian R1T R1S 1UP USA Equip-D trays mounted on R1T bed crossbars 1665514438928

Crudestmass

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Firefighter
Hi, did you use the adapter "upside down" to drop the rack lower? Is it made of aluminum or steel?....seems very pricey
1665514438928.png
I mount it upside down. It is steel, and 1Up assured me it is strong enough for a 4 bike setup with mountain bikes. It will decrease my departure angle, but should still have plenty of clearance. Only issue is that the locking pin barely reaches through, only one thread for the lock, but it does work. The hitch on the Rivian is really thick. Yes, really expensive, especially after shipping.
Sponsored