First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model Y Performance, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Occupation
retired
I took delivery of my R1T last Wednesday, May 4th, in Orlando, Fl. I am driving it to their service center next Thursday to repair some minor issues that I found in the first day or two. I wash/detail my own cars and most of my issues are cosmetic in nature, which I found during her first bath.

I have read many posts whereby people are having serious issues with their new deliveries and while I feel terrible for those individuals, I wanted to let people know, who are waiting for delivery, that there are many pleasant experiences. While I have 11 concerns to be addressed, none of them are serious and I expect all to be resolved by the Orlando SC.

Rivian has been top notch on their communication in scheduling my service visit and has an Enterprise rental lined up for me. I honestly expected more to be wrong with the vehicle and went through a similar process with my 2019 Tesla Model 3. As an early adopter I expected that there would be issues with the vehicle.

However, I am thoroughly impressed by the quality of the vehicle and the way it drives. It exceeded my expectations as does their service process so far. For everyone waiting for delivery the vehicle is everything that you thought it would be and more. In fact, I am so impressed with the vehicle I doubled down and bought more stock at $20 in order to lower my average cost per share. I am a believer in this brand over the long term.

Updated with 11 issues:
  1. Paint defect on front passenger sill. (on Rivian’s “we owe” list)
  2. Paint chip on front drivers door, at the bottom.
  3. Love bug stains in clear coat on front of hood.
  4. Green paint on right side of rear bumper.
  5. 2 small scratches on left side of rear bumper.
  6. PPF peeling off of the passenger gear tunnel door.
  7. 1” scratch on drivers side exterior windshield.
  8. Tonneau cover doesn’t open all the way using rear push button. (Opened with dash control)
  9. Visible wire in pillar between speaker and windshield.
  10. Small tear on interior drivers door near speaker.
  11. Charger door sticks when opening.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

so… what are the 11 issues??

OP
OP

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
  8. Tonneau cover doesn’t open all the way using rear push button. (Opened with dash control)

fedarga

First Name
Dawit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport
I believe 'swhme' is implying those are not an issue since you have them listed clearly on your first chat. He could not possibly missed it unless there is lag between the paragraph you wrote versus the list as you posted.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Thanks for the update and list. I continue to be amazed by the number of cosmetic issues Related Brian encounter through carelessness. Two thirds of this list could have been avoid with care, proper wrapping for shipment to the SC and checks at the delivery center. Hopefully they will learn.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Keep us posted

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I believe 'swhme' is implying those are not an issue since you have them listed clearly on your first chat. He could not possibly missed it unless there is lag between the paragraph you wrote versus the list as you posted.
No, that was not being implied. Notice that a moderator edited the OP to include the list from the follow up post naming the 11 items which I can attest were not included in the OP.

swhme

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Land Cruisers, BMW 535&335, MB 300TD, Cayenne
Occupation
Nerd
Clubs

he added the list later, it wasn’t there when I first responded

OP
OP

FL_EV

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Agreed. My vehicle was clearly not detailed and had sat somewhere with dead bugs on the hood that etched into the clear coat. It was quickly hosed off on delivery day as I was offered to stand on the gear tunnel door by my delivery person at which time I saw the caked on dirt on the roof. The tonneau cover track was also caked with dirt. However, as disappointing as my 11 items might seem plus the “no detail”, I am thrilled and overwhelmed with my R1T.

Thanks for the update and list. I continue to be amazed by the number of cosmetic issues Related Brian encounter through carelessness. Two thirds of this list could have been avoid with care, proper wrapping for shipment to the SC and checks at the delivery center. Hopefully they will learn.

Bravado21

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99' Subara Impreza 2.5RS, R1T LE
Occupation
Engineer
I took delivery of my R1T last Wednesday, May 4th, in Orlando, Fl. I am driving it to their service center next Thursday to repair some minor issues that I found in the first day or two. I wash/detail my own cars and most of my issues are cosmetic in nature, which I found during her first bath.

I have read many posts whereby people are having serious issues with their new deliveries and while I feel terrible for those individuals, I wanted to let people know, who are waiting for delivery, that there are many pleasant experiences. While I have 11 concerns to be addressed, none of them are serious and I expect all to be resolved by the Orlando SC.

Rivian has been top notch on their communication in scheduling my service visit and has an Enterprise rental lined up for me. I honestly expected more to be wrong with the vehicle and went through a similar process with my 2019 Tesla Model 3. As an early adopter I expected that there would be issues with the vehicle.

However, I am thoroughly impressed by the quality of the vehicle and the way it drives. It exceeded my expectations as does their service process so far. For everyone waiting for delivery the vehicle is everything that you thought it would be and more. In fact, I am so impressed with the vehicle I doubled down and bought more stock at $20 in order to lower my average cost per share. I am a believer in this brand over the long term.

Updated with 11 issues:
Excellent write up and I too have mine currently in Orlando SC as I live in Jacksonville, Fl. Picking it up tomorrow and I can’t speak for other locations, but they have been top notch in their communication in Orlando.

For those who would like to know the issues I’ve had (I’ll be writing a post, with videos soon).

1. Paint Chip Driver side Gear Tunnel
2. Wind Noise from driver side
3. Automatic Tailgate would catch every now and then
4. Spare tire didn’t come upon delivery,
So they had that installed.

Let me know if you plan a Rivian meet up. I’d like to join. Only 4 Rivians in Jacksonville as of now.
Sponsored