Sponsored

1st deliveries in November says my Rivian Guide. Communication from RJ expected today

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
All I will say in response is if people expected smooth sailing with a startup EV company, than their expectations were off. And secondly, the pandemic has effected all industries. Obviously there is a great deal of division in our country regarding the pandemic and I think that plays into peoples understanding on its short and long term impact. We tend to be a society that needs instant gratification. That isn’t helping the situation. Educated adults should be able to look at the situation and understand what’s going on. If you are unhappy there is a refund waiting for you. Otherwise sit back and wait, because options are limited. I’m not seeing any F150s, Lucid air, cybertrucks, or hummers rolling off the assembly line. Rivian honestly does not owe you anything. They maybe have $300,000-500,000 grand in reservation money. How much did Amazon, Ford, Blackrock, ect invest?? Who do you think they answer to really?
My post was only to defend the ones you see as spoiled and entitled. I disagree, but you're "entitled" to your opinion and I respect that. I never questioned who Rivian should answer to and I stated I had no problem with Amazon Vans being produced first.

However, Rivian has never have stated who they should answer to as fact, but instead blaming the production delay of R1's for other reasons. The reasons they mentioned apparently have had no effect on the Amazon Van production. This is a comment which I think should be addressed by someone at Rivian.

If you think I am unhappy, or impatient, you are wrong. I also have a first day reservation for an F-150 Lightning. I will take whichever is available to me first. I have no choice but to wait. No problem. My last comment is, I don't think waiting for 3 years would be considered instant gratification. I think those people have been extremely patient, but that can be debated as well.
Sponsored

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
I agree with what you said, but I think the reservation numbers are a bit higher aren’t they? Some Google results show over 50k of pre-orders. That would be over $50,000,000. Still not nearly as much as the Amazon investment initially. Anyone know what each van will cost Amazon? I wonder if RIVIAN will make more from the R1T/S sales or the Amazon vans.
You’re right. Forgot some zeros ?.

flabyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6
Occupation
Health Care
My post was only to defend the ones you see as spoiled and entitled. I disagree, but you're "entitled" to your opinion and I respect that. I never questioned who Rivian should answer to and I stated I had no problem with Amazon Vans being produced first.

However, Rivian has never have stated who they should answer to as fact, but instead blaming the production delay of R1's for other reasons. The reasons they mentioned apparently have had no effect on the Amazon Van production. This is a comment which I think should be addressed by someone at Rivian.

If you think I am unhappy, or impatient, you are wrong. I also have a first day reservation for an F-150 Lightning. I will take whichever is available to me first. I have no choice but to wait. No problem. My last comment is, I don't think waiting for 3 years would be considered instant gratification. I think those people have been extremely patient, but that can be debated as well.
I just think the long wait is the new reality with these EV startups. People need to fix their expectations. It’s not just Rivian

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I just think the long wait is the new reality with these EV startups. People need to fix their expectations. It’s not just Rivian
This we agree. I believe it may be true of any electric vehicle coming to market and not just the startups, but definitely applies to the startups. More and more people will begin to realize this. Thanks for your comments.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
That and Rivian's just awful communications. I cannot wait for my electric truck - got an order in on a Lightning - but have lost a LOT of confidence in Rivian. When CS can't even confirm I'm going to get my new truck by next year, and doesn't respond when I ask a reasonable question, well, screw it. That's not a CS issue, it is a C-suite and Board issue.

I do hope to get a Rivian, but I'm past believing anything that comes out of Normal
Whew, I'm almost in the same place after a realization today. It's sad...

Sponsored

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Batteries, Semi-Conductors, hell... even paint. Seriously, I can't buy more then 1 gallon of paint at a time from Sherwin Williams right now because of the chaos in Texas closing down/messing up the paint production down there. I asked the dude what the hell I was supposed to do with a gallon of paint "Paint an accent wall" he told me.
Yeah, lets all blame Texas and Skyote by proxy... Who's with me!

J/K mostly..
Ironically one of the things most affected by freeze in TX is foam insulation... the one thing that could have saved them from cold temps in the first place. Next thing their gonna tell us is the west is drying up... Wait what! Awe crap!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
Yeah, lets all blame Texas and Skyote by proxy... Who's with me!

J/K mostly..
Ironically one of the things most affected by freeze in TX is foam insulation... the one thing that could have saved them from cold temps in the first place. Next thing their gonna tell us is the west is drying up... Wait what! Awe crap!
It was so cold in TX last winter that someone saw a politician with his hands in his own pockets. ?

loudOrange

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F250
Sure was a hell of a lot of words and over-explaining to communicate what sounded like effectively you trying to convince yourself you didn’t make a compromise by getting something other than a Rivian.

Good luck with the weird BMW, man. We’ll all continue being patient over here…
Hey Kmann1994 - thanks for the response.

I'm afraid you didn't take the time to read carefully.

1. I still have an order in for an R1T LE, and I hope it arrives at some point.

2. This wasn't a "compromise" - I fully explained why I bought the i3, and further that Rivian's delays - and lack of useful communication re reasons why (my CS person can't give me any reasons for the delay) or what logic/process they are using to determine who gets their Rivians when has caused me to lose faith in the company.

It's not the reality there are supply chain issues - we all get that.

It's that Rivian's communications are woefully lacking.

Re patience, I've been patient since January 30, 2019. Let us know how you feel after 2 1/2 years.

Be well.

Sponsored

buddha2lotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model s
Occupation
physician
I totally agree and for what it's worth, if one goes to Tesla's website, the new and improved Model S and X are now delayed until next March-April, and these are well established models.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I totally agree and for what it's worth, if one goes to Tesla's website, the new and improved Model S and X are now delayed until next March-April, and these are well established models.
Bear in mind the website only indicates lead time for new orders, not delivery timeframes for people who ordered months ago like we're talking about for Rivian.

Jarico75

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model Y, Camry Hybrid
Clubs

It was so cold in TX last winter that someone saw a politician with his hands in his own pockets. ?
I thought they saw him on a plane to Cancun.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
What happened to the thread about Guide contacts? Can't find it. Has anyone else been contacted ? I am a Dec 8, 2018 pre order holder in L.A and it's all crickets. Why do I feel like I will get my truck next spring with late 2021 pre order holders?
Sponsored