Sponsored

1st deliveries in November says my Rivian Guide. Communication from RJ expected today

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
Sorry, I'm calling bullshit on your claim that a Guide said, "RJ will announce a delay today." Not only has that not happened today, but there's no reason I see why RJ would suddenly become the person to communicate that when all other "big news" has been from the Rivian account.

Moreover, when my Guide contacted me a month ago, I was also told that my delivery would be by the end of November - as have many others. My Guide also told me they hope to "under promise and over deliver" when we talked.

When it comes to what "deliveries" means... That means a production vehicle rolls off the lot to someone which could mean press or rich people or employees. That's not misleading. That's just... how that language works. I wouldn't be surprised if consumers don't get their hands on them until like September tbf.

While I wouldn't be surprised by a delay, it sounds like you're extrapolating or misheard. This just doesn't seem that credible.
Sponsored

Last edited:

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

I still hold my LE reservation for an R1T. So I still "believe in Rivian."

I also believe they had a serious challenge like EPA #'s under 300 enough to not fly.
That's why the offroad package was stripped-away. BS on it being customer feedback.
The fact that Rivian said it was responding to customer feedback itself is a parody meme

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Sorry, I'm calling bullshit on your claim that a Guide said, "RJ will announce a delay today." Not only has that not happened today, but there's no reason I see why RJ would suddenly become the person to communicate that when all over "big news" has been from the Rivian account.

Moreover, when my Guide contacted me a month ago, I was also told that my delivery would be by the end of November - as have many others. My Guide also told me they hope to "under promise and over deliver" when we talked.

When it comes to what "deliveries" means... That means a production vehicle rolls off the lot to someone which could mean press or rich people or employees. That's not misleading. That's just... how that language works. I wouldn't be surprised if consumers don't get their hands on them until like September tbf.

While I wouldn't be surprised by a delay, it sounds like you're extrapolating or misheard. This just doesn't seem that credible.
Quite frankly, I don’t care if you believe me or not. I was very specific with my questions to the Guide knowing what others have been told from both CS as well as other Guides.

Could my Guide have been misinformed or just flat out lying? Maybe, but don’t see why as I wasn’t holding a gun to his head and just asking questions to fill in the blanks.

ActionDH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Suburban, 2019 BMW M5
For a company with honestly terrible communication and for keeping prospective buyers and early reservations holders in the dark about pretty much everything, this for sure could be true. Makes me think more and more about dropping the LE and just waiting for the Max Pack. ?

Sponsored

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
For a company with honestly terrible communication and for keeping prospective buyers and early reservations holders in the dark about pretty much everything, this for sure could be true. Makes me think more and more about dropping the LE and just waiting for the Max Pack. ?
So hilarious how people consider Rivian to be terrible in this regard, despite all the videos on YouTube over the years and Rivian stories and emails.

Have you seen what they do at Tesla with their future products? The Cybertruck was announced in 2019 and there has been literally zero information sent to preorder holders through official channels since that day. The only thing is random bullshit from Elon on Twitter that may or may not even be true.

Please tell me how Rivian’s approach fits any realistic definition of the word “terrible”?

ActionDH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So hilarious how people consider Rivian to be terrible in this regard, despite all the videos on YouTube over the years and Rivian stories and emails.

Have you seen what they do at Tesla with their future products? The Cybertruck was announced in 2019 and there has been literally zero information sent to preorder holders through official channels since that day. The only thing is random bullshit from Elon on Twitter that may or may not even be true.

Please tell me how Rivian’s approach fits any realistic definition of the word “terrible”?
Tesla never said they are delivering cybertrucks this month ?

ActionDH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

We don’t know official range, launch green, or any other official released color samples inside or out ?

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Rivian’s information is orders of magnitude better than trying to learn anything about a new model from a conventional car dealer.

ActionDH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They’re too busy delivering full self driving.
For sure, Tesla has exponentially more issues, options, tech, vehicles, infrastructure, multinational projects, they don’t need CT now or even in the near future. Rivian just last month said they are delivering this month and there’s a vast amount of info we don’t know, but sure they are great communicators.

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
All I care about is if I can do a tank turn with the camp kitchen fully extended and 76 Nathan’s hot dogs lined up on the grill perpendicular to the truck?
Sponsored