Sponsored

1st deliveries in November says my Rivian Guide. Communication from RJ expected today

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Just spoke to my Guide and my delivery date is early to mid-November.

Was told we could expect a communication from RJ later today in regards to the timing. Sounds like the plan is to announce the delay and then over deliver on these new under promised delivery dates.

Sounded like early production has begun and the team is working through all of the inevitable kinks in the line.
Sponsored

irish26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
If true, something unexpectedly went wrong. The last delay was only 1 month. This delay is 3-4 months depending on how you look at it.

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
If true, something unexpectedly went wrong. The last delay was only 1 month. This delay is 3-4 months depending on how you look at it.
i believe there will be deliveries before that but they will be employee orders so they can monitor the vehicles more easily. Also really believe they are under promising and going to over deliver this time around.

irish26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
i believe there will be deliveries before that but they will be employee orders so they can monitor the vehicles more easily. Also really believe they are under promising and going to over deliver this time around.
I hope you are correct.

Sponsored

giraffesR1T

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, C3 Corvette
Occupation
IT
We have others in here taking deliveries in October. Take a deep breath ppl.

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Sounded like early production has begun and the team is working through all of the inevitable kinks in the line.
Must be very good EPA numbers. Still hard to believe someone would buy without knowing all the important details. I guess the 7 day return policy may be good enough for those that have converted their pre-order into a purchase. Seems like we would have heard about that as well. .......or, Rivian is manufacturing now, knowing they will sell their product regardless, being there is such a great demand (?). Hopefully good news will come out today and explain it all.

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
For what it is worth, CS Chat is denying that a delay announcement is imminent.

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I'm in manufacturing for the Ag industry (albeit much smaller) and supply of just about everything is in the dump unfortunately.
Most people are aware of these supply issues, but here is just one example of how it keeps changing for us.
An item with a qty of 1200 was ordered last August and scheduled to arrive back in February. Supposedly we are getting the FIRST 120 pieces August 16th. Oh and this is after being given updates that we would be getting the full 1,000+ units in April, June, and July. Now we may get no more than 200 for the entire year. This all from a supplier that has always been reliable for us.

Plenty more examples both large and small just from our smallish business, but I can only imagine how current supply issues are absolutely destroying delivery estimates for a lot of companies, Rivian included.

Sponsored

Atlrivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC90
Clubs

FWIW I would take anything CS says with a grain of salt. They either aren't looped in, or are kept muffled about most items of consequence. They were swearing up and down deliveries were on track until minutes before the last delay was announced.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

Was told we could expect a communication from RJ later today in regards to the timing. Sounds like the plan is to announce the delay and then over deliver on these new under promised delivery dates.

FYI, all who have been contacted by guides have a different anticipated delivery window. This window doesn't imply a delay in production by itself.

I did speak with my guide yesterday, and he made no mention of any delays and that my window is still mid-August to September.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management

Well we’ll see what RJ has to say. Very disappointing if true

Sean

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T!
Clubs

So now we all wait for some communication on some channel from someone about something. AGAIN.

Terrible that the way we are finding out about this possibility is a guide call about deliveries to one person that then posted to a form.