Sponsored

1st deliveries in November says my Rivian Guide. Communication from RJ expected today

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
I mean, there are a lot of factors that go into it. I'm just glad I was contacted - and contacted very early.

I think the OP heard, "At the earliest November for all R1Ts" when talking to their guide imho.
Sponsored

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
Rivian’s information is orders of magnitude better than trying to learn anything about a new model from a conventional car dealer.
I'm assuming you're joking, but that's not even close to true.

Let's use the new Bronco as an example, since deliveries are beginning at approximately the same time as our Rivian. Off the top of my head, things we know about the bronco that we still don't know about Rivian:
-EPA results
-Real pictures of all colors
-order of delivery priority
-UI and all interior details
-Tons of journalist access, test drives, reviews
-Reasons why some models are delayed, and what they're doing to correct the issues and make people whole

And on and on.

I laugh when people say that Rivian is doing better than Tesla at communicating. You're literally comparing to a company infamous for terrible communication and misleading customers. So, congrats I guess?

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Has anyone with a R1S been contacted yet? Is it possible the supposed delay is just for the R1S which has yet to have a delay announced, while the R1T is still on track?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Rivian R1T R1S 1st deliveries in November says my Rivian Guide. Communication from RJ expected today 1626404389945

Or any variety of god, diety, demigod etc.

Ill still munch my popcorn and read along as I wait for information or find it my self lol.

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
that’s why I said I “believe” vs I “know”…it is what makes the most sense and pretty much done across most manufacturing industries.

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
1626404389945.png

Or any variety of god, diety, demigod etc.

Ill still munch my popcorn and read along as I wait for information or find it my self lol.
Or a sandwich.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
So hilarious how people consider Rivian to be terrible in this regard, despite all the videos on YouTube over the years and Rivian stories and emails.

Have you seen what they do at Tesla with their future products? The Cybertruck was announced in 2019 and there has been literally zero information sent to preorder holders through official channels since that day. The only thing is random bullshit from Elon on Twitter that may or may not even be true.

Please tell me how Rivian’s approach fits any realistic definition of the word “terrible”?
Rivian’s communication, lately, has been objectively bad.

Don’t let extremists like Elon skew your perception such that literally anything is considered acceptable.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I'm assuming you're joking, but that's not even close to true.

Let's use the new Bronco as an example, since deliveries are beginning at approximately the same time as our Rivian. Off the top of my head, things we know about the bronco that we still don't know about Rivian:
-EPA results
-Real pictures of all colors
-order of delivery priority
-UI and all interior details
-Tons of journalist access, test drives, reviews
-Reasons why some models are delayed, and what they're doing to correct the issues and make people whole

And on and on.

I laugh when people say that Rivian is doing better than Tesla at communicating. You're literally comparing to a company infamous for terrible communication and misleading customers. So, congrats I guess?
Have you ever tried asking a salesperson at a car dealership about a new model that isn’t in their showroom yet?

That’s what I was referring to.

Sponsored

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
I'm too old to wait much longer...old ladies should be bumped up to the front of the line don't you think?
Rivian R1T R1S 1st deliveries in November says my Rivian Guide. Communication from RJ expected today 1626403219697

Davethadog

First Name
YaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Trucks, bikes, excavators
For fucks sake, it’s a new manufacturer trying to figure out how to build a bleeding edge vehicle at scale during a pandemic, huge supply chain interruptions, and a manpower shortage. They’ll get here when they’ll get here and not a whole lot sooner.

If you’re looking the company to hold your hand through not even having your truck yet, I’m not sure you’re going to like the process of owning what will amount to a late stage beta inevitably hiding it’s fair share of software bugs and initial quality issues.

ActionDH

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Suburban, 2019 BMW M5
1626404389945.png

Or any
For fucks sake, it’s a new manufacturer trying to figure out how to build a bleeding edge vehicle at scale during a pandemic, huge supply chain interruptions, and a manpower shortage. They’ll get here when they’ll get here and not a whole lot sooner.

If you’re looking the company to hold your hand through not even having your truck yet, I’m not sure you’re going to like the process of owning what will amount to a late stage beta inevitably hiding it’s fair share of software bugs and initial quality issues.
Then simply state this, don’t keep delaying 6 months, 1 month, 4 months later. And all that above is fine, but has nothing to do with EPA or 3rd party range estimates, even a review of a late preproduction vehicle, true and final color samples of exterior, interior. But yet we should have finalized your order months ago so we can “estimate” your delivery. ?
Sponsored