mcclajb

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Model 3
Clubs

Very nice install, and thanks for the writeup. I still don't have my running boards, but I hear they should ship mid to late July. I want to be ready with a plan.

I had been considering the 4 inch hole method so I wouldn't have to take the panels off, but with the overlap of the jack point access, I'm now considering going the route you did. Did you find the removal of the panels to be difficult? I'm always scared I will break the pins off when removing those kinds of pieces.
Sponsored

txtravwill

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150
Occupation
IT Software Director
Nice, thanks for all the advice. Mine actually show delivery for tomorrow so going to do in the next few days as well. Planned on also doing the 4" holes and have the templates ready to go.

So with the two holes that are close to the jack points? What is the deal here. To access those jack points we would typically have to take off the plastic cover anyway, but assume with the running boards on that you wouldn't be able to get off the plastic cover? What is the best way to ensure that with a flat or in future with rotations that accessing the points remain easy?

Thanks!

citizen

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas, RX350h
Occupation
Product Designer
Clubs

Glad I found this thread. Ordered the grommets and wondering if it's worth doing grommets for four of the six holes and then spending the time to cut the angled L for the last two holes by the jack points. Doesn't look like there's a legit option to use the grommet for the hole by the jack points?

Has anyone done this recently? If I'm going to spend time cutting the L near the jack points, am I really saving any time by going with the four inch holes for the other four holes?
Sponsored