Sponsored

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
New life goal: become an old dude with a net work for $40 million.
The old dude’s goal was to be a young dude with $400 million. Shoot higher.
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Or, put another way, if I have an LE configured, does that mean that I'm in the "LE" group no matter when my pre-order was placed?

Suppose, for example, that I pre-ordered an R1T the day before the configurator went live, then configured my truck as an LE the next day, I'd be in this early stage of deliveries (by spring 2022) even though there were others who pre-ordered much earlier? (I will assume that all of the LE orders will be prioritized by pre-order date.)

OR, will the LE trucks be built in parallel with the NON-LE trucks and prioritized by delivery date?
it’s hard to know for sure. Best guess is that earlier preorders get some priority over similarly situated people who ordered later.

It also seems like some non-LE vehicles will be delivered before the last of the LEs. LEs are scheduled to be delivered by spring, non-LEs supposedly start in January. So it’s not a clear LE/non-LE divide.

Things like geography, options, wheels, color, proximity to service center, etc may end up mattering more than the date you sent your $1k. But nobody can give you a clear answer because Rivian hasn’t told us.

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
as I've said before, the LAST thing I want is for Amazon to throw my R1S on the porch, ring the bell, and then run away.
Even though apparently that has not worked out with other cars that well, an adventure vehicle will love it.

Rivian R1T R1S 180 R1T produced / 156 R1T delivered as of Oct 31 -- per Updated Rivian S1 [11/1] 1635881232643

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
The old dude’s goal was to be a young dude with $400 million. Shoot higher.
using a conservative lower bound. Stretch goal is making Elon my butler.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
OR, will the LE trucks be built in parallel with the NON-LE trucks and prioritized by delivery date?
Rivian has said that LE deliveries will extend out through Spring 2022, and non-LE deliveries start in January 2022.

So they've indicated there must be overlap.

Someone with an early, but not LE, reservation who also lives in a well-supported area will almost certainly get their truck before a LE reservation in a non-well-supported area.

Sponsored

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
it’s hard to know for sure. Best guess is that earlier preorders get some priority over similarly situated people who ordered later.

It also seems like some non-LE vehicles will be delivered before the last of the LEs. LEs are scheduled to be delivered by spring, non-LEs supposedly start in January. So it’s not a clear LE/non-LE divide.

Things like geography, options, wheels, color, proximity to service center, etc may end up mattering more than the date you sent your $1k. But nobody can give you a clear answer because Rivian hasn’t told us.
Yeah. I guess that's the best info we're going to get for the time being. As an extension of the same question - I wonder if there will be Max Packs built before all of the LEs are delivered.

Pixelshot

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW eGolf
Occupation
Filmmaker
Rivian has said that LE deliveries will extend out through Spring 2022, and non-LE deliveries start in January 2022.

So they've indicated there must be overlap.

Someone with an early, but not LE, reservation who also lives in a well-supported area will almost certainly get their truck before a LE reservation in a non-well-supported area.
Guessing that Denver is one of the supported areas, given Rivian's connections to Colorado.

So, you're saying there's a chance?... :)

I've actually got one LE and one NON-LE configured... time will tell which one shows up first.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Guessing that Denver is one of the supported areas, given Rivian's connections to Colorado.

I've actually got one LE and one NON-LE configured... time will tell which one shows up first.
Denver has a service center and show room being built, so yes, they're likely to be one of the "well supported" areas.

Within a given area, I'd expect LE to come before non-LE.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX

The Denver service center build seems to be coming along slowly, but nicely.
https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/denver-service-and-delivery-center-update.2602/

I'd imagine Denver/CO will be somewhere mid-pack in terms of timing.

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech

Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech
It's like being in the back of the line at a food truck, and asking the person making lobster rolls to give you an exact time when you will receive your roll even though there are dozens of people ahead of you in line and he's never made lobster rolls or operated a food truck before. He'll probably throw something out there, but I'd just file it away, and then ask again once I get to the front and place my order.
Yes, and the food truck is going public this year and all food truck staff have to adhere to SEC rules regarding what can and can't be said to the public and much of the lobster inventory is sitting in the port of Los Angeles but can't be delivered to the food truck because there aren't enough truck drivers...
I'm hopeful they will turn into a nice value add later on, but I think in the short term it was a bad decision to roll them out now.
People will bitch if Rivian puts out a forward-looking estimate and later misses the estimated date. People will bitch if Rivian takes a more conservative approach and goes quiet until they can provide a more accurate update. People like to complain.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Most interesting job in the Navy!
I think the term interesting is accurate. As is disgusting, infuriating, hilarious, eye-opening, maddening, painful, boring, stressful, and rewarding...

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21
So with an April 2021 reservation of an R1S, waiting for the Max Pack, OPTIMISTICALLY, I'm probably a year away, and more likely Q1 2023.

atlastracer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Honda Pilot
There's a nightmare scenario... wait years for your truck, get T-boned pulling out of the Service Center... waitlisted on parts until 2023...
I didn't wait years (just a few months). But I picked up my model 3 and was rear ended by a pick-up truck who wasn't paying attention as I drove it home from the delivery center (I owned it for about 10 mins). I had to wait 6 weeks for replacement parts for the repair shop to fix it. Thankfully I was able to drive it for those 6 weeks - but I hated seeing the damaged rear end every time I looked at it (and all the looks and pointing I could from other drivers).

It's fixed now - but it destroyed all the excitement out of getting the car (and I still think about ti all the time).

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

A few thoughts
  • An alternative headline of this post could have been, "Rivian production rate increases 589%, from 14 cars per week to 96 per week, in just the last 9 days"
  • If factory capacity is 150K vehicles, they were at ~0.5% capacity and now are at just ~3.3% capacity
  • If they don't improve the rate of production -- highly unlikely, given how quickly it's ramped this month -- they'd end the year at only about 1,000 vehicles, depending on holiday downtime and whatnot
  • They suggested to IBD that they hope to hit 10X that volume (10,000 vehicles) by end of year -- that would require (on average) a 40% weekly increase in production rate from now until the end of the year
  • It won't increase like that, in an even straight line, but more likely will go up hundreds of % in the weeks ahead and start tapering off because of, well, physics
It all that holds true, it doesn't make sense why it would take till end of 2023 to fulfill the ~55K preorder holders.
Sponsored