Sponsored

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Tell me what you think:
'23 VINs into the 19000's were the 2k or so trucks that were mostly made in 2022 but not quite finished so got pushed into 2023 / PN. When the factory shut down for the end-of-year vacations, any T started from scratch was reset back to 0.
So mine, set to be delivered next week, VIN 185xx, was almost finished last year but didn't quite get shipped.
Maybe?

Also, sorry to hijack the thread!
I do not think this is correct as I was told my vehicle went into production mid-late Jan with a 18XXX VIN and it's been about a month without much movement. I think those trucks built but not finished in 2022 ended up in the shop the first few weeks of January and were snatched up.
Sponsored

SCV-Dave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt, Chevy Colorado, Honda Accord
Occupation
Sales
I just picked up my 2023 mid 18000 vin R1T and to my surprise it has a 12 volt DC outlet in the frunk! I said to the service guy "I thought they removed these months ago?" and he replied "yep, they did. you must have an older build." I pointed out the 2023 on the sticker and the Vin and he repsonded with "oh wow, looks like it's back." While I don't know if mine was a fluke or not, I certainly have it on a 2023 and I'm very happy about it.

Update:

I have confirmed the outlet works. And here is a picture for those with trust issues.

frunk-jpeg.jpg
Just got my 2023 R1T a couple weeks ago, late 17000ā€™s. No Frunk plug.

Hankenstein

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius, 2023 R1T
Clubs

Just got my R1T today, late, late 18000's and it has a plug.

BendR1S

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
2023 VIN (-72XX, built 1/13/2023) single magnet, no 12V in frunk.
Rats!
I doubt the 12V harness is there, but will check.
Curious to see what you find out. My R1T is on the way from Normal to OR (seemingly forever): VIN 017XXX.
LOL. Why do I care about this?

Perry24r

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Palisade
Occupation
HR
Curious to see what you find out. My R1T is on the way from Normal to OR (seemingly forever): VIN 017XXX.
LOL. Why do I care about this?
When did you ship out? I'm getting antsy waiting for mine to arrive in Bellevue, and it's only been a week and a half since it left.

I'm hoping when I text my guide next Monday..I find out it has arrived!

Sponsored

R1T Preds Fan

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Warehouse Management
We pick ours up this coming Thursday; High 17,9xx vinā€¦ Weā€™ll see how it plays outā€¦ Would be nice to have, but can probably make do either way.
Well we took delivery today! Love the truck; but no 12v and single magnet up front. Iā€™d much rather have a tonneau cover tbhā€¦

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
Well we took delivery today! Love the truck; but no 12v and single magnet up front. Iā€™d much rather have a tonneau cover tbhā€¦
What range was your VIN in?

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 šŸ¤ž
Pretty wild if itā€™s back for good. I vaguely recall Tony Caravano writing on Reddit that it was removed due to low usage, but thatā€™s clearly BS. There were not enough R1ā€™s in service at the time to make such a determination and if low usage were really a factor, I bet the Camp Speaker would have been axed or at least an upgrade option.

I personally used my 12V frunk to power my electric cooler for a day off road trip over the weekend. I love having it there for such occasional use.

Will be interesting to see if youā€™re a one off or if itā€™s returned for good.

Congrats on your truck and your frunk 12V!
Would even be better if the repositioned it in the frunk somewhere?

Sponsored

BendR1S

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Subaru Outback
When did you ship out? I'm getting antsy waiting for mine to arrive in Bellevue, and it's only been a week and a half since it left.

I'm hoping when I text my guide next Monday..I find out it has arrived!
My guide hasn't been forthcoming with information. I got my VIN on 1/21/2023. So that has been over a month.
VIN 177XX, so I'm not expecting a 12V outlet in the frunk. But I'll assure you I'll look for it first thing!!

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I pick up on Tuesday and have 182xx so will report back.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
My guide hasn't been forthcoming with information. I got my VIN on 1/21/2023. So that has been over a month.
VIN 177XX, so I'm not expecting a 12V outlet in the frunk. But I'll assure you I'll look for it first thing!!
Iā€™ve asked as well (multiple times) low 18k vin, no response about it.

Last edited:

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 šŸ¤ž
How about wood trim on back of front seats around hook/hanger???? Maybe a camp kitchen too?? Just hoping!
Keep dreaming. If enough of us do it, it might come true. šŸ˜Š

norivian

First Name
norivianyet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T in 2023 šŸ¤ž
Definitely just a parts shortage issue. Despite what Rivian Comms said and as many here have mentioned, they don't eliminate small features like that unless they just don't have access to them and need to push some trucks.
I hope thereā€™s no steering wheel supply chain issue. You might not get one.
Sponsored