• ⛔️ EFFECTIVE JANUARY 16, 2023 ⛔️ 

ATTENTION SELLERS: All users who wish to sell in the marketplace are now required to abide by the following RULES. If a sales thread/post created ON OR AFTER January 16, 2023, does not comply, it is subject to DELETION without notice.

ATTENTION BUYERS: If you see a non-compliant sales thread, please REPORT the thread and take CAUTION when transacting.

Rule #1 - Post a picture of the actual item you are selling (NO stock photos).
    Rule #2 - The picture must include a REAL piece of paper with your Username and the Date written on it next to the product you are selling. NO photoshop or digitally edited photos are allowed.
    Rule #3 - NO "feeler" threads are permitted. This section is only for items that are actually available and ready to be sold currently.
    Rule #4 - The listing must include an asking price. OBO (or best offer) is allowed but it must be accompanied by an asking price.
    Rule #5 - No "threadcrapping." Classifieds threads are not meant for negative discussions. Comments on pricing are not allowed. Only people with genuine questions and interest in the item for sale should be posting in the classifieds threads.
  • RIVIANFORUMS CLUBS!

Announcing our new "CLUBS" section where you can join or create a Rivian club or group! You can use this new feature to conveniently plan and discuss local events, gatherings or other club/group related topics.

So we encourage you to join (or start) special-interest and regional-based Rivian clubs at: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/group-categories/clubs-groups.1/

Sponsored

$10K cash for any reservation with delivery date in the next 30 days...

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
100% no issue with this post or making the offer. I'm one of the few people to successfully purchase someone's reservation, way back in November. Worked out great and I got my truck in May. That said, it was much easier then. You could easily change all the info through the site. It will be trickier now, and may not even be possible.

I was simply trying to show that $30k+ profit is more accurate than $15k. But that requires a lot more work. Shelling out he cash, or getting a loan to buy the vehicle, then waiting a month for the title, etc.
Rivian is no longer permitting transferring reservations.

The only way now is to take delivery, then sell it.
Sponsored

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Rivian is no longer permitting transferring reservations.

The only way now is to take delivery, then sell it.
I know this. But the OP seems pretty convinced they'd be able to do it... and it's certainly possible. I don't know that many people have tried.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I’ve done it and have the LE in my driveway, but the approach I used doesn’t work any more.
Note, at the time I checked with customer service and they said it was ok.
I know this. But the OP seems pretty convinced they'd be able to do it... and it's certainly possible. I don't know that many people have tried.

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
I’ve done it and have the LE in my driveway, but the approach I used doesn’t work any more.
Note, at the time I checked with customer service and they said it was ok.
I've done it as well, and have the Rivian. The question is regarding whether it can still be done. Before it wasn't hard at all, and they didn't seem to care. Now it's difficult, but I'm not sure many people have actually tried.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I've done it as well, and have the Rivian. The question is regarding whether it can still be done. Before it wasn't hard at all, and they didn't seem to care. Now it's difficult, but I'm not sure many people have actually tried.
I don't know how you would at this point because the guide or CS would have to be the one to change the account info.

Sponsored

toade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
I don't know how you would at this point because the guide or CS would have to be the one to change the account info.
The guide or CS would definitely have to do it. I'm just not sure how many people have tried. And whether the guide instantly says no... or if there is some wiggle room. Like if you lied and said you were going to buy it in your "husbands" name instead. Would they allow that change?

When I was first contacted by my guide, I changed the address with them again, changing from Orange County to Santa Barbara. While these are both in socal, they are different service/delivery centers and they had no issue doing that.

Not saying it would be easy, but I'm not convinced it's impossible.

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

It's certainly not impossible.
I’m not saying it’s impossible, but it’s certainly riskier. I would not risk my money on this under the current policies. YMMV
Sponsored