Sponsored

mabowden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Kia Seltos SX
Occupation
Toby Flenderson
Glad you are loving it. Pro tip - Don't reach for the spotify pane when playing a song to change songs, use the controls on the left side of the steering wheel. Volume on the scroll, forward back on the buttons. Doesn't give you pause, but I usually just scroll the volume down instead of pausing.
Yes, the flyout pane is for the passenger to control. Just think in your head that the left steering wheel controls the right flyout pane.
Sponsored

Hankenstein

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Prius, 2023 R1T
Clubs

The HVAC is my biggest irritation right now. Everything else is easy to ignore or work around but the HVAC is an issue because I keep screwing with it while driving to get it to do what I want.

FlightDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

DTown, congrats from Boulder. My R1T is a couple of weeks older.
Have used it for heavy payloads. Add to the wish list:
  • Bumper in rear. No, the gear door and rear tire are not good substitutes.
  • Camera bed view. Want to see this while driving for quick check on load.
  • Center display features. Don't get me started but these should improve with software updates?

OP
OP
DTown3011

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
The HVAC is my biggest irritation right now. Everything else is easy to ignore or work around but the HVAC is an issue because I keep screwing with it while driving to get it to do what I want.
I agree - I think I've dialed it in to not using the Auto feature. If I'm cold, I set it above 72*. If I'm warm, under 68* and seems to be working well. I tend to use the seat heaters a bit more than the actual HVAC - will be curious how A/C works in the summer and looking forward to having A/C seats for the first time in awhile!

DTown, congrats from Boulder. My R1T is a couple of weeks older.
Have used it for heavy payloads. Add to the wish list:
  • Bumper in rear. No, the gear door and rear tire are not good substitutes.
  • Camera bed view. Want to see this while driving for quick check on load.
  • Center display features. Don't get me started but these should improve with software updates?
I could agree with all of these.

OP
OP
DTown3011

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
So my truck was at the Denver service center for a few quick fixes - alignment, front shock/strut issue where the truck wasn't leveling. I have been EXTREMELY impressed with the service team, the integration via the app has been incredible and they have been very communicative thru the process. Long story short, everything was fixed the same day and I even got Lyft ride share credits to commute back and forth from my office - while I could have picked it up the same night, we decided to wait overnight to see if any of the suspension issues presented and luckily, they did not so think I am good to go.

As luck would have it, I'm driving it off the lot and onto Steele street here in Denver and the "low tire pressure" warning light comes on. I think to myself, wow, thats weird and check - my back tire was at 33 PSI and quickly dropping. I thought maybe the TPMS system might have been off so I turn around and bring it right back to the service center. They take a quick look and find a 3" construction screw sticking out of the inside wheel rubber - too big to patch. So I'm the lucky owner of a new 22" tire on a car I've only had for a week! Just my luck...but Rivian installed it in 30 minutes and I will be on my way shortly...

Shout out to Martin in the Denver service center who absolutely took care of me!

Last edited:

Sponsored

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Lucid Air Touring
So my truck was at the Denver service center for a few quick fixes - alignment, front shock/strut issue where the truck wasn't leveling. I have been EXTREMELY impressed with the service team, the integration via the app has been incredible and they have been very communicative thru the process. Long story short, everything was fixed the same day and I even got Lyft ride share credits to commute back and forth from my office - while I could have picked it up the same night, we decided to wait overnight to see if any of the suspension issues presented and luckily, they did not so think I am good to go.

As luck would have it, I'm driving it off the lot and onto Steele street here in Denver and the "low tire pressure" warning light comes on. I think to myself, wow, thats weird and check - my back tire was at 33 PSI and quickly dropping. I thought maybe the TPMS system might have been off so I turn around and bring it right back to the service center. They take a quick look and find a 3" construction screw sticking out of the inside wheel rubber - too big to patch. So I'm the lucky owner of a new 22" tire on a car I've only had for a week! Just my luck...but Rivian installed it in 30 minutes and I will be on my way shortly...
Did they address the TOU charging issue? Mine goes in on Monday would be interested to know what they say it was...

OP
OP
DTown3011

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Did they address the TOU charging issue? Mine goes in on Monday would be interested to know what they say it was...
So I kind of fixed that problem myself. The R1T does not like when it is set to charge and the charger is set to charge so the way I solved the issue is I turned off scheduled charging on my charger and kept scheduled charging on my truck turned on. That solved the issues, and I’ve had flawless charging ever since.

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I kind of fixed that problem myself. The R1T does not like when it is set to charge and the charger is set to charge so the way I solved the issue is I turned off scheduled charging on my charger and kept scheduled charging on my truck turned on. That solved the issues, and I’ve had flawless charging ever since.
Mine will still not take a TOU charge either way if the car is set up it fails & if the home charger is set up it fails. I also made sure to only ever have one option active to remove any confusion. Currently I have to plug it in three or four times to get it to just charge each day while using no schedule as it fails multiple times before accepting a charge.

Last edited:
OP
OP
DTown3011

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Mine will still not take a TOU charge either way if the car it set up it failed & if the home charger is set up it fails. I also made sure to only ever have one option active to remove any confusion. Currently I have to plug it in three or four times to get it to just charge each day using no schedule just as if fails multiple times before accepting a charge.
Darn it that sounds like a problem. That’s a bit more in depth than mine. I was able to solve the issue by just turning off of one of the units scheduled charges.

SFsoundguy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Darn it that sounds like a problem. That’s a bit more in depth than mine. I was able to solve the issue by just turning off of one of the units scheduled charges.
Have you noticed what color your charge port light is when you go to your car the next day. I seem to get a green light most of the time but also get a red light and when I check the app it's the red Vehicle error notice.... but it's charged to 85% and completed the task correctly

Sponsored

OP
OP
DTown3011

DTown3011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Have you noticed what color your charge port light is when you go to your car the next day. I seem to get a green light most of the time but also get a red light and when I check the app it's the red Vehicle error notice.... but it's charged to 85% and completed the task correctly
Yes it was red but now it’s green since it’s been working.

NineElectrics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
HVAC definitely needs some works. It tends to disable the center 2 vents if in heat mode for some reason. And it seems there is a hard cold/hot switch point at around 70-71F. I usually keep it at 72F Auto so it always blows hot air for me in the winter.
I’ve seen this as well. Heat also fails to work at all, randomly. Rivian seems to think that software bugs aren’t real defects that need to be fixed by service, but they are.
Sponsored