Sponsored

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Again, I will say that the Tesla tap is not a guarantee anymore in the future when you look on plugshare and see a tesla destination charger. We can go into hypotheticals as well as why a business owner may or may not want to charge to bring in more business.

I can argue the fact that there may be a destination charger in a business next to your hotel you are staying overnight in a small town that this is the only charger, or the only one close enough for it to be convenient. While you may not be patronizing the business, you can charge, and this happens. So I business may turn off the charger when they are closed normally, but being that they are EV friendly won't now mind to leave it on all the time if it does not cost them extra $$$ for someone that is not spending money at their business. The reason for / against are lots.

My statement stands that destination charging with a non-Telsa EV in the future will not be the same as it is today.
Plugshare users will undoubtedly report any locations that are limited in hours or to specific vehicles. They do so today and will continue to do so in the future. There is even a filter for "restricted access" that can be applied to specific charging locations. These locations do not show up by default.
There are many locations currently that restrict access to customers only. The new features in the article you linked will not impact that greatly.
Sponsored