First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Lol these forums should be tapped for any research you need. Make an uncertain claim and this crew will get to the bottom of it KABOOM. ?
Sponsored

Lil'O Annie

First Name
Becky
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
R1T LE/LG/FE, 2022 Lariat Lightning
Occupation
Farming, semi-retired
Confirmed person in pic is not the deliveree but a factory employee taking a pic with the 1st car
Do we know that he DIDN'T get the first car?? Is that confirmed??
Maybe they had an in-house drawing among the employees getting R1Ts and he won!! ?

Last edited:

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
???????

For no reason...

(but also the guy in the picture didn't receive the Truck. But also ???)

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

It's probably Peashooter...
And just think. If he is first delivery on the forums and posts about it, nobody would know because everyone has him on ignore.

Sponsored

Rivian fan

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1985 Chevy C10 , 1987 Chevy V20 , 2004 Chevy Silve
Occupation
Warehouse
I hope someone has the VIN on this vehicle for future collectable status, its not often a new automobile company is formed and would surely be a collectors item in the future.

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
I believe the first actual production vehicle be VIN 001 per the VIN decoder thread and anticipate (as someone recently posted) that it will be squirreled away by Rivian for eventual museum display. Just because the truck was the first deliverable vehicle off of the line doesn't mean it will actually be delivered to anybody.
I think the R1T with the 001 VIN was featured in the Long Way Up?

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I think the R1T with the 001 VIN was featured in the Long Way Up?
That would have been 0001EX, not 000001. Although in reality it probably didn't have an official VIN because Rivian only applied for their WMI within the past year.

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
That would have been 0001EX, not 000001. Although in reality it probably didn't have an official VIN because Rivian only applied for their WMI within the past year.
During Long Way Up, the Rivian employees did say that Long Way Up got vehicles number 001 and 002. But, I think was probably literally the first two road-capable vehicles because on the show they were literally assembling them up to the last minute. So, I don't think they were referring to the VIN numbers on that program, even though it was confusing.

As a somewhat related aside...with all of the complaining we do on these boards about communication and how Rivian is struggling to get out of "start up" mode, that program re-enforced to me that it is nothing new. There is a scene where Charley and Ewan ask the status of the charging infrastructure and Rivian is literally months behind. The deer-in-headlights look on the Rivian employee when Charley and Ewan pressed her was priceless. It was obvious (to me) that everything was still "hypothetical" to Rivian but was very real to Charley and Ewan (who had already done two previous major trips and were very nervous about what could go wrong). They had a similar experience when Rivian was literally down to the wire getting the first two vehicles assembled on time.

Sponsored

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
I still am very doubtful any vehicle has been delivered to a customer as I expect fanfare from Rivian when that happens; I'm thinking at upcoming event in Normal given that provides a built in audience.

I believe the first actual production vehicle be VIN 001 per the VIN decoder thread and anticipate (as someone recently posted) that it will be squirreled away by Rivian for eventual museum display. Just because the truck was the first deliverable vehicle off of the line doesn't mean it will actually be delivered to anybody.
They haven’t delivered any customer vehicles yet. They’ve begun building saleable ones. That’s it that’s all.

my guess is they’ll start delivering next week, if they’re still set to be doing some deliveries in sept.

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Did some LinkedIn stalking. Guy in the pic looks like Jesse Perez, who is a propulsion supervisor at Rivian.
76574AF6-F647-4EC1-8F17-4F951DD8AA33.png
Wow that is some sleuthing right there.

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Yah doesn't seem like that's the actual delivery individual but someone in the factory taking a pic of the first production ready vehicle.
That’s exactly what this is. People are way too twitchy right now looking for anything they can cling to pointing to delivery

jjswan33

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Hyundai Ioniq 5 Limited
Occupation
Engineer
Clubs

I still am very doubtful any vehicle has been delivered to a customer as I expect fanfare from Rivian when that happens; I'm thinking at upcoming event in Normal given that provides a built in audience.

I believe the quote from RJ was that it was the ‘First Customer Vehicle’ off of the line not the first deliverable or first sellable (as reported elsewhere). In my view ‘first customer vehicle‘ would mean it is for a customer but that is open to interpretation I guess. I agree though that most likely VIN 001 will be kept in some capacity.
Sponsored