Sponsored

PastyPilgrim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Classic Rivian marketing strategy to not announce, discuss, disclose, etc. things (i.e. when deliveries are occuring despite them being days away) so that their customers can be misled or confused by potentially inconsequential communications by others.
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I hope she's right - she's certainly connected enough to know, and I'm sure understands the difference between "rolled off the line" and "delivered." But this isn't quite the clear confirmation of a completed delivery that I'd expect.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Classic Rivian marketing strategy to not announce, discuss, disclose, etc. things (i.e. when deliveries are occuring despite them being days away) so that their customers can be misled or confused by potentially inconsequential communications by others.
I don't know, seems like more of a forum user issue than a Rivian issue....

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

Good stuff! Its very close to my spec!

Sponsored

lefkonj

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A7/Q3 R1S ordered
Clubs

The progress we are seeing is fantastic. Excited to hear how real world customers like the vehicle and for the R1S to roll off the assembly line. Love how everyone is so negative, major accomplishment from a young company.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

someone save that guy's face.... gotta be a joker showing up on the forum for the next year or so...

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
A lot of speculation above. Just my two cents: Rivianmom isn’t a random person off the street with little to no experience with this company.

Her original post was that the first R1T was “personally delivered,” and it was later edited to what you see above.

It seems like awfully specific syntax to say it was delivered personally if she were conflating a delivery with a production vehicle coming out of the factory. She obviously doubled down on the delivery by editing the “personally” out (assuming at the behest of Rivian).

Anyways, I think that’s more than enough to reach the objective conclusion that she’s likely not confused and a delivery has been made.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Confirmed person in pic is not the deliveree but a factory employee taking a pic with the 1st car

Longhorngirl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Highlander
Occupation
Actuary
Confirmed person in pic is not the deliveree but a factory employee taking a pic with the 1st car
Did some LinkedIn stalking. Guy in the pic looks like Jesse Perez, who is a propulsion supervisor at Rivian.
Rivian R1T R1S ? First Ever Rivian R1T Customer Delivery is Complete! [Not to Pictured Employee] 76574AF6-F647-4EC1-8F17-4F951DD8AA33
Sponsored