CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Reaction score
First Name
Carter
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
I'm a little confused by this actually! Does this mean that RivianMom (who I know was at the Normal preview event) got this truck and is just waiting for it to arrive in her driveway? Is she saying someone else got it / confusing the production rollout from earlier this week?

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Reaction score
First Name
Kevan
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
I'm a little confused by this actually! Does this mean that RivianMom (who I know was at the Normal preview event) got this truck and is just waiting for it to arrive in her driveway? Is she saying someone else got it / confusing the production rollout from earlier this week?
Caption says this:
"Photo courtesy of @jess_pereez27 My friend and inside photo-scoop at Rivian. Thank you!!!"

atlastracer

Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 LR AWD, Honda Pilot
I'd like to believe this is true. But I am also wondering if this is just being confused with the fact this was the first customer vehicle off the line (and we know many staff took pictures with it). But it hasn't actually been delivered to the customer yet.

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Reaction score
Website
www.matthewjensenrealtor.com
First Name
Matthew
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
Occupation
Business Owner www.allianceavgroup.com, and Realtor
I'm with you...

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicles
F150
Someone else. She has an R1S on order.

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Reaction score
First Name
Carter
Vehicles
Caption says this:
"Photo courtesy of @jess_pereez27 My friend and inside photo-scoop at Rivian. Thank you!!!"
Right, but I think that person is an employee — not the customer who got the vehicle. Presumably...

I think the most likely thing is that the OP confused "production vehicles are ready for customers and complete" with "first delivery has taken place."

Where is RivianMom!? Someone ask her! haha

Last edited:

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Reaction score
First Name
Kevan
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
I think the most likely thing is that the OP confused "production vehicles are ready for customers and complete" with "first delivery has taken place."
Actually yeah, now that you say that, I can totally see that being the case. Hmm...maybe one of us should politely shoot her a DM on Insta! 😁

ATL_Canes

Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S 90D; Volvo XC90; Soon - R1T LE (Feb. 2020)
I read this as three separate things: (1) she was told by her inside source that the first vehicle was delivered; (2) there is a picture from her inside source (seems like this was a photo op for all employees since we’ve seen several posing with this truck), and (3) she’s wondering aloud when her truck will arrive (which is not the truck in the picture).

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Reaction score
First Name
Carter
Vehicles
I read this as three separate things: (1) she was told by her inside source that the first vehicle was delivered; (2) there is a picture from her inside source (seems like this was a photo op for all employees since we’ve seen several posing with this truck), and (3) she’s wondering aloud when her truck will arrive (which is not the truck in the picture).
1) We should definitely confirm that with her. It would be odd to me that this would be the case. Rivian hasn't announced this themselves (not like they need to; privacy is important and owners are just normal people), the app isn't released yet, and I would find it odd that someone so connected to Rivian would leak that on their insta? Maybe Rivian said it was okay to share?

2) totes.

3) totes.

Caymanwent

Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover sport
This seems right

Advertisement

Advertisement