Sponsored

mkg3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Unagi, Radio Flyer and Kette Car
Clubs

congrats!

I've seen two this week on the street. One in Laguna Beach (Black) and another in Laguna Niguel (Red). Both in South OC in CA.

Its happening. Just like back in late February~early March for R1Ts.
Sponsored

Franja

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy tahoe
Occupation
business
I’m a mile way from the Brooklyn Service Center, I will pass by tomorrow and take pics of your R1

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
Congrats to you! Your experience from guide to delivery is what Rivian should be striving for with all customers!

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
I still kinda don't believe the delivery date, but more signs that it's real keep piling up. Today my app changed.

1661356406491.png
I ordered a month after you, had May-June then bumped to Oct-Dec. Fingers crossed. Congrats!!!

rivianguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
I've seen plenty of spy shots of R1S's parked at service centers, probably for customer deliveries, and some actual deliveries to employees being cheeky about whether they're insiders (like ambosrivians on instagram), but if you've seen confirmed customer deliveries I'd be interested to check them out!

Edit: And to be clear I don't care at all about being first. I'd actually prefer not to be. Seeing that an actual customer has their R1S would be reassuring. If someone has theirs, maybe mine really will be here on Friday!
I personally haven't seen any verified non-employee deliveries yet. I have seen some scheduled for Friday but nothing actually 'in the books'. That doesn't mean they haven't happened, just that I haven't seen them. In terms of 'is it a big deal' I'd say hell ya it is. Imagine if you took the first delivery of the Ford Mustang for example. Pretty significant provenance in my opinion. Rivian is here is to stay and those of you who are lucky enough to take the first few R1S deliveries should really celebrate and cherish that. Something special that's hard to see in moment.

Sponsored

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Did you get a test drive ever? Mid Atlantic as far as I know still hasn't been able to get test drives. I'm a March 19 R1S LE holder and have not heard a peep from Rivian.

OP
OP

fletch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Did you get a test drive ever? Mid Atlantic as far as I know still hasn't been able to get test drives. I'm a March 19 R1S LE holder and have not heard a peep from Rivian.
Nope, no test drive. I asked support about test drives a couple of times, and offered to travel for one, but never heard anything.

I've seen a handful of R1Ts in person when I sought them out (took a road trip to Brooklyn once when I decided I had to see colors and wheels in person before choosing), but that's the extent of my real-life Rivian experience. The first one I sit in will be my own.

tgo10000

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
mach e, r1t, r1s
Same for me, never got a test drive, till delivery in July, oddly i was invited to demo drive today. In any event, congrats and enjoy!

CYoung

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Grand Cherokee
It sounds like the first batch of R1S all have the underbody shield. Is there anyone with a vin that doesn’t have the underbody shield?

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
It sounds like the first batch of R1S all have the underbody shield. Is there anyone with a vin that doesn’t have the underbody shield?
Not that I’ve found. Thinking of adding it to mine tomorrow.

Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
I saw on different forums several R1S deliveries yesterday to non-employee related people.
Which ones? I've seen a handful of employee R1S deliveries in recent days but earliest scheduled non-employee delivery I've seen here or on RS is this coming Friday.

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
Congrats! I'm in Delco, and as far as I can tell, there has been only one Rivian delivery down this way, a blue R1T in Swarthmore.

As to test drives, I too really would like one and have contacted Rivian multiple times to about First Mile events and to see if perhaps I could participate in one planned for another location. The answer was always "no", First Mile events are invitation only and you're not special enough to be on the list. It looks like the first time I'll be behind the wheel of a Rivian will be when I take delivery, which could be sometime next year if my guide is to be believed.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Whoa awesome! I can't wait to see you driving around these parts!
I am in mid Montgomery county so will be on the look out for the first S.

ARMadventures

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, Navigator
Occupation
Logistics
I don't have my delivery / pick-up scheduled yet, but when I drove by the Rivian location this morning I saw my R1S sitting there!! I text my guide to see if there is any chance I could take delivery tomorrow!? :fingerscrossed: I'm waiting on a response.

If not tomorrow, its going to be a LONG weekend of no sleep lol (but after 3.5 years I guess ican handle a coule more days! lol)

Rivian R1T R1S 🤩 [UPDATE: R1S Delivered! First Reactions + Photos] Friday will be a good day -- scheduled R1S delivery date IMG_8496
Sponsored