Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
That one blue one sure looks lonely in that big old factory...
Sponsored

Matty J

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, BMW X7
I bet Jay Leno purchased that one in the video.
Years ago I was fortunate to get a tour of Jay's private garage from his staff mechanic. It was absolutely stunning, so clean, and the cars were like new. His mechanic would have a different car for him each morning to drive to the set for his talk show.

Growing up in Burbank, we always saw Jay driving around these different cars. Even though he no longer has his talk show, a couple weeks ago, he didn't disappoint!

Rivian R1T R1S ? R1T Red Alert: First Retail "Sellable R1T" - First Look Video! IMG_4027
Rivian R1T R1S ? R1T Red Alert: First Retail "Sellable R1T" - First Look Video! IMG_3056

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Who says it isn't? they do keep saying Rivian blue is his favorite?
I am almost certain RJ himself said he would not be getting the first one (although I'm not going digging through all the interviews to find the statement). There are a lot of investors that could be first.... Including Bezos and a few others....

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
That car is going straight to storage. It'll sit there until some charity auction or museum wants it years down the road.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I am almost certain RJ himself said he would not be getting the first one (although I'm not going digging through all the interviews to find the statement). There are a lot of investors that could be first.... Including Bezos and a few others....
It was either the round table or the interview someone posted from an older local business event. It goes to their first major investor. I hadn't heard of him before.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
This is very good news!! Excited to see deliveries begin!

OP
OP
AdamsFan1983

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Tbh I’m surprised more hasn’t leaked out. I saw dozens and dozens of phones recording in the original video.

That only a single leak has came out is nothing short of miraculous.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Tbh I’m surprised more hasn’t leaked out. I saw dozens and dozens of phones recording in the original video.

That only a single leak has came out is nothing short of miraculous.
Most of these people probably don’t want to be fired if they can pinpoint who is the leaker. Rivian is very protective of this kind of stuff

Sponsored

CarterGee

First Name
Carter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner Limited '16
A production vehicle rolling off the lot in mid-September is incredible reassuring to see. There will always be naysayers around, but omg this is so rad. Who cares who it goes to? It exists. Who cares you can't see other trucks there? We know there are more — and this is a factory lol; they're fine.

I love leaks, NGL... But I'm sure Rivian would really like to control this messaging in particular haha

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
A production vehicle rolling off the lot in mid-September is incredible reassuring to see. There will always be naysayers around, but omg this is so rad. Who cares who it goes to? It exists. Who cares you can't see other trucks there? We know there are more — and this is a factory lol; they're fine.

I love leaks, NGL... But I'm sure Rivian would really like to control this messaging in particular haha
I agree. I'm just waiting for my Rivian email now, announcing this to the world.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Down hill slope in the factory? Seen this before. ?
Exactly.... I mean MotorTrend only drove the trucks from East to West across the entire country... Everyone knows that's downhill the whole way..... For it to be legit they have repeat the run West to East right?

MarkieSharkie

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software Designer

Carter with the rational response, again! Yeah this is exciting. I think we're all hungry for more official information to really feel that momentum start. The MT articles have been great, I just think most of us here want Rivian-official details too.

(you and I have chatted a bit over on the subreddit, I'm "Studovich" over there).
Sponsored