Sponsored

boneil1

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Why are the door handles out, I would have thought they would close once you start driving?
Sponsored

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
Why are the door handles out, I would have thought they would close once you start driving?
I assume they're like most automatic door locks that only engage if you get above a certain speed (often around 15mph). He's going really slow.

kommonplace

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
That's a good question. I wonder if it's like some cars and how they automatically lock all the doors... but not until you hit a certain speed. Maybe once it hits 10-15mph, the door handles retract? We will find out s00n.

EDIT: I am always half a second behind someone else on these forums. Y'all are sharp.

Sponsored

manitou202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, Mercedes EQS SUV
Nice to see Jeff's new ride! :clap:

1st Rivian.png
This was my thought. First car will go to a VIP or remain with Rivian as a historical vehicle.

MoreTrout

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Retired USN

EarlyAdptr

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia
Occupation
Consultant
This was my thought. First car will go to a VIP or remain with Rivian as a historical vehicle.
First one should go to RJ - in my humble opinion :)

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
We know from other social media posts that some employees were getting essentially "customer-ready" trucks to test drive as personal vehicles and give feedback and data. If there were trucks in that category being made recently, that could be where they were going. This might be the first one that is actually rolling off the line and known to be going to a customer. I'm not sure why that's worrying. They should be building more than 1 per day, and there are still 2 weeks left in the month. Even if they're building 1 every hour, they should be able to deliver 100 or so trucks this month, if they're starting deliveries near Normal. Even transporting a few transporters' worth to Seattle, NYC, or wherever is still easily possible by the end of the month.
Not worrying to me. Just curious about the delay between this and RJs email. Super exciting stuff.

U100

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I bet Jay Leno purchased that one in the video.

Driveout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
The video has the earmarks of a inaugural experience to be sure. We don't know if this is the first completed a month ago with final build specs or more recently completed. This may have been the first to come through from the packed storage lot and there are a thousand more just like it all hunkered down and bristling to go (Compass Yellow of course). I'm voting for final approval rather than fresh build, that thought allows for more deliveries sooner. It seems they chose to highlight the Rivian blue over the LE green as a statement.

Deleted member 3282

First retail "sellable" R1T!

Congratulations to Rivian!

<appreciate credit to "Silence Dogood" to those who are reposting> Thanks.
Sponsored