First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
Probably took it down because it wasn't shot in landscape..... vertical videos are the worst! ;)
Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
....and the video just got taken down ;)
Sorry. Per The Book of Rivian no video may ever be taken of any Rivian vehicle ever…

It’s like stealing it’s soul or something ?

Autolycus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ICE only :(
We know from other social media posts that some employees were getting essentially "customer-ready" trucks to test drive as personal vehicles and give feedback and data. If there were trucks in that category being made recently, that could be where they were going. This might be the first one that is actually rolling off the line and known to be going to a customer. I'm not sure why that's worrying. They should be building more than 1 per day, and there are still 2 weeks left in the month. Even if they're building 1 every hour, they should be able to deliver 100 or so trucks this month, if they're starting deliveries near Normal. Even transporting a few transporters' worth to Seattle, NYC, or wherever is still easily possible by the end of the month.

Kachook

First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Mustang Mach-E, Odyssey and former iX
I do like that blue color. My specs on the R1S have gone from black to blue to red to yellow to black to blue. I need to see these colors in person. Luckily, my delivery is only late 2022 or early 2023 I assume. So, I have some time. But, it is exciting. I don’t care if it is 1 or 100 getting delivered. The point is Rivian is starting deliveries.

Sponsored

CUBldr97

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TESLA MS85 RIVIAN reservation holder
sweet, would be better with audio!

Anidom

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Wranger Unlimited
Occupation
Sales
We know from other social media posts that some employees were getting essentially "customer-ready" trucks to test drive as personal vehicles and give feedback and data. If there were trucks in that category being made recently, that could be where they were going. This might be the first one that is actually rolling off the line and known to be going to a customer. I'm not sure why that's worrying. They should be building more than 1 per day, and there are still 2 weeks left in the month. Even if they're building 1 every hour, they should be able to deliver 100 or so trucks this month, if they're starting deliveries near Normal. Even transporting a few transporters' worth to Seattle, NYC, or wherever is still easily possible by the end of the month.
Couldn't agree with you more... With RJ's note confirming they are ready and now seeing this video, they will either be stocking up on customer ready R1T's or delivering them assuming they have all approvals to do so.

I believe this marks a very important milestone which is echoed by the employees at Rivian... And means I may actually be getting my LE pre ordered in Feb2019 this year????

Trekkie

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
Yeah I'm sure there were a bunch backed up for the photo op. You want to do something special for 'the one' and I'd be willing to bet it wasn't the only one finished, this was just the 'first post' :)

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Is that fresh off the lines or just the fact they recieved some regulatory notice.

If the former, I would say concerning for Sept. deliveries as I would have assumed they would already had a cache of Trucks built that are just waiting the final reg. approval for delivery.
Exactly

Sponsored

Kmann1994

First Name
Kevan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Head of Product
Can everyone please just relax on the conspiracy theories and speculation about whether this means September deliveries or not? You can’t possibly tell one way or the other from a video like this so let’s just stop while we’re ahead.

this is awesome to see. The MT stuff + customers with test drives scheduled really makes me confident they’re on track.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Hat tip to Rivian Forums for firing up the bat signal on this one! :bow: