Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
Given that the email with delivery windows went out in late November, I don't think there is any reason they would have given him any kind of ambiguous window and then significantly beat it when the delivery was only a couple weeks away. Nor is it an indication that they would continue delivering at the early part of the window just because they did on this one that was immediately after they set the production schedule and gave the guidance to everyone. By default, it's impossible that everyone in a two-month window could get delivery early in the first month anyway. Of course there will be deliveries early in the window, just like there will be some in the middle and at the end.

I understand that the anticipation to receive everyone's truck is palpable, but I think we'd all save ourselves a lot of headache to just sit tight and wait for our delivery window like we were told instead of trying to decipher if it will be early or late. Even if you were to read the tea leaves and predict one of those things happening, what then? Is there a prize at the bottom of that cracker jack box? I just hope it's worth it whatever it is....
A reasonable assessment, with speculation. Thanks. It still doesn't solve my curiosity, or my anticipation during the past 3 years. I would like to have the information to make my own assessment, but that's not going to happen. I accept it, but still it doesn't stop the speculation.
Sponsored

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
For me this discussion on the OP's information management has a lot more to do with Rivian's credibility than the OP's. Rivian has already burned thru a lot of "good will". The earnings call will be interesting. I have maintained all along the best thing about Rivian going public is the information flow it will create

Max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Truck
Thanks @Iwantatesla!

Having no numeric scale to the Y axis is going to annoy the shit out of me.
ā€˜I would be tempted to drive behind the tractor trailer with different cruising distances and see what happens to efficiency. The numbers would definitely help. Of course the money I save in electricity may not be enough to pay for the cracked windshield.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
ā€˜I would be tempted to drive behind the tractor trailer with different cruising distances and see what happens to efficiency. The numbers would definitely help. Of course the money I save in electricity may not be enough to pay for the cracked windshield.
It definitely makes a difference. Anecdotally I'd say an added 10% range, but sometimes following a semi means you're going slower so hard to say for sure.

Reactions: Max

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Of course the money I save in electricity may not be enough to pay for the cracked windshield.
Cracked windshield means you're not driving close enough. ?

But if you drive too close, Rivian might raise your insurance rates.... :(

Sponsored

sam decker

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Ford Expedition
Maybe he works for Morgan Stanley........

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
I'm debating on having a NY meet up so some people can come check out the car. Is this a good idea?
Youā€™re gonna have people flying out for that. And asking to create uber-detailed charging curves, tow oversized trailers, and conform to their highly idiosyncratic use casesā€¦

Sponsored

harkco

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE / 2018 Lexus GX
Youā€™re gonna have people flying out for that. And asking to create uber-detailed charging curves, tow oversized trailers, and conform to their highly idiosyncratic use casesā€¦
X2 for me on this. Although an extremely awesome gesture, I would be very afraid.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I'm debating on having a NY meet up so some people can come check out the car. Is this a good idea?
Can I come stay with you if I fly in from Kansas? ??

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Very interesting thoughts. I donā€™t think people would fly in thatā€™s insane lol
I mean, I drove 2000 miles to go to a Rivian first mile event ?
Sponsored