OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
@Iwantatesla couple of quick questions when you have a moment.

1) How long does it take the UI to boot up from a cold start? More specifically, how quickly you can take your seat, buckle up, put the vehicle in reverse, have the backup camera show up on the screen, and start backing out of the driveway? Is the R1 ready when you are or do you find yourself waiting for it to catch up to you?

2) Is the UI "sticky" between driving sessions, ie does it remember what you were doing last including things like which drive mode you were in or does it always reset to some default configuration?
1. Quick enough for me not to time it? With the backup cam this good you’ll find yourself parking rear in
2. Yes it stays to what you last set for the profile
Sponsored

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
I’ll have a car seat there, which means there’s only two cup holders in the whole truck.
You need a car seat with cup holders!;)

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

@Iwantatesla do you (or a neighbor or friend) have a dog and/or dog crate that you could put in the backseat? Customer Service keeps saying a crate will fit, but I don’t believe them.

Sponsored

mwexler2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y, Prius Plug-in
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

@Iwantatesla do you (or a neighbor or friend) have a dog and/or dog crate that you could put in the backseat? Customer Service keeps saying a crate will fit, but I don’t believe them.
I don’t know about a dog crate as they come in many sizes, but my 55 pound Husky fit in fine with two adults in Sonoma.

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I don’t know about a dog crate as they come in many sizes, but my 55 pound Husky fit in fine with two adults in Sonoma.
I am using a Petmate Veri Kennel.
36" L X 25" W X 27" H

Rivian R1T R1S ? First non-Rivian employee delivery - to owner in NYC!! [Updated with Owner's Q&A, Info, Feedback] 1639551333283

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
This line of thinking will bankrupt Rivian and ensure you never see your delivery. Like it or not, Rivian needs the masses. It needs to cater to more than just EV lovers as there are plenty of other ICE products that deliver the same experience as the R1T.

Elon said it best at the Plaid reveal.. EVs need to be the very best car.. period.. to sell. They can't do just one thing well which is why they set out to ensure the Plaid could check every box humanly possible because they need to make the best *car* to get people in the seats. Rivian needs this model, and while just cupholders alone isn't indicative of how well they will do.. its silly to say that just because it's a truck that it shouldn't be mainstream. The F150 has like 10+ cupholders. They know their buyers. Rivian will do well to learn as well.
My 2015 F150 has 6. Stop
It’s plenty and you’re being ridiculous / taking over a thread.

Last edited:

RivianDeac

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC40 Recharge
Its clear you are avoiding the reservation date and prior delivery window prognostication questions that have been repeatedly asked on this and other platforms. Can you at least say why?

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
My 2015 F150 has 6. Stop
It’s plenty and you’re being ridiculous / taking over a thread.
Well, to start with, you're 100% wrong and it's disgusting. If you don't know what you're talking about, please, *you* just stop.

In the BACKSEAT of the new F150/Raptor you have 6 cupholders and 2 additional water bottle holders. This is just the backseat. 2 on the center console, 2 on each door panel arm rest, 2 on the middle seat armrest and 2 bottle holders in each door. If you get a superduty or f150 without the center console shifter you get 4 cupholders instead of 2 just in that main area.

So yeah, you're wrong, thanks for contributing.

Sponsored

GaryL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Silverado 3500
Occupation
Farm
I have searched for that information as well. I too, would like to know if Rivian is somewhat on schedule. It's been asked several times, but best I can tell no pre-order date has been given, as well as no delivery window, that was sent via email in November. There may be a reason why this information isn't being released. Any reason is acceptable to me. However, I do have that information in my signature below. Maybe I shouldn't?
The silence about the delivery window expectations of these Reddit deliveries is becoming "curious"

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

The silence about the delivery window expectations of these Reddit deliveries is becoming "curious"
I completely agree, lack of answering a simple question is “curious”.
I’m disappointed in our sleuths. They are failing us!
Good (or bad) on Rivian for being two steps ahead! Bro-culture for the win. Hook, line, and sinker.

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
Yea it’s so sus that I informed the mods on Reddit and some people on this forum privately. I can answer what I want. I’m hoping some people appreciate the content.
Sponsored