Sponsored

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Let's all just rejoice in the fact that we've narrowed down the list of complaints on a startup EV company's first product to include number and placement of cup holders.

We made it.
Come on now. We can find more issues. Just give us some time.
Sponsored

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
Iā€™m not asking for 19 cup holders. Two that are usable at all times would be sufficient, but apparently thatā€™s an insane request ?
Subaru Ascent has 19 cupholders. Truth be told its an absolute miss on Rivians part, and something that they should have known about with so many engineers from other brands. The #1 request of all females in every auto demographic is the number of cupholders and its been this way for years which is why so many manufacturers go out of their way to introduce more of them. Why Rivian didn't realize this during development is beyond me and it will absolutely cost them sales from the female buyer. Period.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
They arenā€™t required and no I did not buy it. I want the storage space under the bed
Can you show what is in the bed storage area? I assume an tire sealant kit would be included as standard, but no jack.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Being critical of someone not delivering you something they never said they would is crazy. You have every right to not like it, and feel that it doesn't live up to your expectations. But be classy about it and just go your own way. It's like waiting for your prom date at the bottom of the stairs, only to finally see her and say "eww, that's it after taking two hours to get ready?".
Yeaā€¦ not sure about your viewpoint here.

camaroz1985

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4
Occupation
Engineer
Subaru Ascent has 19 cupholders. Truth be told its an absolute miss on Rivians part, and something that they should have known about with so many engineers from other brands. The #1 request of all females in every auto demographic is the number of cupholders and its been this way for years which is why so many manufacturers go out of their way to introduce more of them. Why Rivian didn't realize this during development is beyond me and it will absolutely cost them sales from the female buyer. Period.
I understand it to a point, but this male buyer is thankful that my female wife will have less places to put things and/or mess up with spilled drinks.

The center cup holders and door pockets are plenty at least for me. Would be nice for a fold down holder in the rear of the center console for rear passengers to use if they can't have the armrest down.

Sponsored

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I for one am glad if those that wanted 20 cupholders to claim the heavyweight belt never become fellow Rivian owners.

This is a truck (some would still debate that), not a glorified minivan. Let's at least hold off on the cupholder debate until the R1S is out, and even then if you want a minivan just buy a van.

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
I suppose that makes sense, why produce something not everyone will use. Prevents waste.
Wrong. EVā€™s need charging options. They need to provide all the adapters available, to use WHEN you need Them.

briansyoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4Runner
Congratulations! Have the auto insurance plans for a Rivian been reasonable in price? Any surprises? How well do the surrounding sensors work with highway driving and parking assistance? I hope to see your gorgeous R1T around on the streets of NYC!!! Thanks!

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
Sure, carplay/aa is a decent-sized miss. Plenty of discussion on that. But non-big-gulp cupholders? Lack of integrated garage door opening? Who the hell cares? I'm happy to discuss the quibbles but it's like you've compiled a list of every miss ever mentioned in otherwise sterling reviews and are presenting them as a big deal. Sorry, but it reeks of butthurt Tesla fanboy and there's enough of that going on everywhere else. Not feeling it here on an enthusiast site.

If one of the non-trivial issues, or the freaking cupholders, is a legit deal breaker for you, I'm sure there's a thread for that. But I don't believe you don't want one because of the garage door opener. If you don't have a legit interest in these trucks, kindly move on.
Integrated garage door openers is a big deal. I need 3 all the time.

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
Congratulations! Have the auto insurance plans for a Rivian been reasonable in price? Any surprises? How well do the surrounding sensors work with highway driving and parking assistance? I hope to see your gorgeous R1T around on the streets of NYC!!! Thanks!
He talked about insurance in the first post -- "Have geico and it ended up being $10 more a month than my Y"

Sponsored

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
I for one am glad if those that wanted 20 cupholders to claim the heavyweight belt never become fellow Rivian owners. Good riddance.

This is a truck (some would still debate that), not a glorified minivan. Let's at least hold off on the cupholder debate until the R1S is out, and even then if you want a minivan just buy a van.
This line of thinking will bankrupt Rivian and ensure you never see your delivery. Like it or not, Rivian needs the masses. It needs to cater to more than just EV lovers as there are plenty of other ICE products that deliver the same experience as the R1T.

Elon said it best at the Plaid reveal.. EVs need to be the very best car.. period.. to sell. They can't do just one thing well which is why they set out to ensure the Plaid could check every box humanly possible because they need to make the best *car* to get people in the seats. Rivian needs this model, and while just cupholders alone isn't indicative of how well they will do.. its silly to say that just because it's a truck that it shouldn't be mainstream. The F150 has like 10+ cupholders. They know their buyers. Rivian will do well to learn as well.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
So... we must always have a 4 cup holder per person ratio in cars else the vehicle is a commercial failure?

...am I reading this right?

If so, God help Ford with those 12 person passenger vans...

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

He talked about insurance in the first post -- "Have geico and it ended up being $10 more a month than my Y"
For those of us not in Elon's Tesla orbit... is a Y expensive to insure?
I mean is it more like a Range Rover or more like a Lexus RX to insure?

TessP100D

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla 2017 P100D MS
I promised my wife I wouldnā€™t join another forumā€¦ but what momma donā€™t seeā€¦

hello everyone.

Point about garage door opener. Itā€™s coming in a later software update.
Great. Why canā€™t they just program the garage door function BEFORE they ship the trucks?

donā€˜t they have some sort of a check list? Geez.

StarTrekNerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Wrong. EVā€™s need charging options. They need to provide all the adapters available, to use WHEN you need Them.
Or just buy the adapters you think you will use ?ā€ā™‚

The Supercharger network is so expansive I have only charged Level 2 at home and opportunity charging. And never with Level 1.

I've been driving EVs for over 10 years. I've had my fair share of hunting down a plug.
Sponsored