Sponsored

endress14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Grand Cherokee, XC 90 recharge
Occupation
TBD
I just know the digital controlled airvents and lack of physical volume knob are going to drive me crazy! Really not looking forward to those two things. :(
I believe the thumb wheel controls volume. granted it's not dedicated to that function all of the time, but when just driving around you get something physical at least.
Sponsored

cc84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2000 GMC Sierra
I would expect a short Christmas break not three weeks!
I was thinking more along the line of a couple of weeks, but I said several. I was incorrect. I figured they might close Friday, after their report on the 16th, and reopen Jan 3rd. I have no idea what schedule car manufacturer's follow. It could also vary whether the employees are union, or non-union workers, I suspect. I have absolutely no idea. They may get paid extra and work straight through the holidays. :)

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I was thinking more along the line of a couple of weeks, but I said several. I was incorrect. I figured they might close Friday, after their report on the 16th, and reopen Jan 3rd. I have no idea what schedule car manufacturer's follow. It could also vary whether the employees are union, or non-union workers, I suspect. I have absolutely no idea. They may get paid extra and work straight through the holidays. :)
I know they get Christmas off! Going down to Normal for Christmas.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla X Plaid, 2004 s2000, Huracan Evo, +
the fact the mobile charger comes with both 110v and 14-50 plug is awesome, hated that with the tesla you get a 110v and then have to order it and its never in stock.
tesla’s used to but they got rid of it since they wanted to move everyone to HPWC’s since it had higher output. Plus I’m sure it was a gross margin booster

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
I promised my wife I wouldn’t join another forum… but what momma don’t see…

hello everyone.

Point about garage door opener. It’s coming in a later software update.
Welcome, and thanks for your Reddit posts! This is good to hear, but I am curious if they clarified if it's RF-based or relies purely on an internet connection.

Electric Rivilution

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Model X P90D
I promised my wife I wouldn’t join another forum… but what momma don’t see…

hello everyone.

Point about garage door opener. It’s coming in a later software update.
Welcome to our first non-employee Rivian owner!! Thanks for posting up what you have shared already. ??

OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Welcome to our first non-employee Rivian owner!! Thanks for posting up what you have shared already. ??
thanks man. I’ve been through this before with the whole S3XY line up (literally) so I know how painful the wait is.

Sponsored

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
It sounds like a lot of people here want to get a Pacifica instead of an R1. I will have both. I am surprised there are no cup holders in 2nd row. It doesn't bode well for 3rd row...

I've had birds eye in all my minivans since 2013 and they all work very well. And I have seen nicer ones in Volvos and Audis. I do hope they add that OTA.
Hey, I'd be all over a fully electric Pacifica if they made one! If they covered it in a full layer of plastic to hose the kids mess off, it'd be even better. More bonus point if I can hose the kids off too.

But they don't. And the R1S is way more fun anyway. ?

But serious. Where am I gonna put my 2 liters of cola?!

Skigh

First Name
Skigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
thanks man. I’ve been through this before with the whole S3XY line up (literally) so I know how painful the wait is.
I'm surprised everyone is being so polite to you... so many questions and no one is bombarding you yet. What can you say about the vehicle now that you've actually taken possession of it?

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
OP
OP
Iwantatesla

Iwantatesla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I believe the thumb wheel controls volume. granted it's not dedicated to that function all of the time, but when just driving around you get something physical at least.
it’s fine. I promise you’ll get over it. Alexa is surprisingly responsive
I'm surprised everyone is being so polite to you... so many questions and no one is bombarding you yet. What can you say about the vehicle now that you've actually taken possession of it?
It’s worth the wait! The longer you wait the better it gets as it gives Rivian time to fine tune software and such. I’m surprised I like driving it with soft suspension settings. Stiff feels a bit weird to me.
Sponsored