First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2023.5 Defender 110
Occupation
IT Nerd
the fact the mobile charger comes with both 110v and 14-50 plug is awesome, hated that with the tesla you get a 110v and then have to order it and its never in stock.
Sponsored

atR1S

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2023 R1S
Clubs

I am so stinking excited!!!!!
Almost all the exterior colors look so good. Hard to commit to one but that’s a good problem to have

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
the fact the mobile charger comes with both 110v and 14-50 plug is awesome, hated that with the tesla you get a 110v and then have to order it and its never in stock.
My 2017 MX came with the 14-50 plug, and I'm absolutely flabbergasted that they stopped including that. o_O

Sponsored

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
My wife literally took delivery of a Volvo XC40 Recharge (2022) on Friday and it includes a portable EVSE with both standard and NEMA 14-50 plugs (interchangeable)

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
My wife literally took delivery of a Volvo XC40 Recharge (2022) on Friday and it includes a portable EVSE with both standard and NEMA 14-50 plugs (interchangeable)
So did my XC60 T8. Yet my ID.4 only comes with a level 1 EVSE. ?

Cassidy_DM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda6
Occupation
Space
My 2017 MX came with the 14-50 plug, and I'm absolutely flabbergasted that they stopped including that. o_O
That's one of the reasons I've shied away from Tesla this past year or so. Now that they're established and turning a profit, they've been cutting corners. Build quality issues, removing features (lumbar controls, radar, plug options for the charger ((for God's sake!)), poor customer service.

Good thing I did, because that's how I found out about Rivian!

Reactions: Guy

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Hopefully this proves that it's possible for "private citizens" to take delivery, yet they are not a member of this forum. As I have said before, not every who buys a Rivian is a fanatic like us, and they don't find it necessary to be a member of every Rivian forum, facebook group, Reddit sub, etc.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots more…
Occupation
Software Developer
“2 keycards, 1 keyfob, 1 bracelet. What’s cool is your spouse can create their own account and link the car! Tesla needs to do this. Phone works fine just need to make sure the Bluetooth is on.”
Um.. you can link cars to multiple accounts with Tesla. My wife and I have separate accounts and our Model Y is on my account and I share it to hers. Since I'm the primary account, billing for supercharging goes to my account.

on camera quality: “Pretty good! Not quite Tesla yet but better than other OEMs”
Not sure what this means. The cameras in our 2016 Model X were pretty good, but better have come along since. The rear/reverse camera in our Model Y is a potato. Honestly the one in my Ford Expedition is better and the Ford has 360 birds eye cameras and front and side cameras for various things. Only thing it lacks is the sentry/gear guard and recording functionality while driving or parked. Not sure how the legacy guys can suddenly get the camera thing almost 100% right and then not put in a means to record. Anyway...

”From my First Mile Drive to now, the Sound system improved SIGNIFICANTLY”
I will reserve judgement until I can hear it myself. I'm tired of being told how amazing all these car audio systems are and in reality they're a giant "meh..."

”What’s pleasant is Spotify free works!”
That's cool... Doubt I'll use it, but some will.

“Build quality is good. Everything works as it should. This is going to be weird to say but the thrust from this feels like it’s coming from a Bentley w12”
That's great and I hope they can keep it that way. Better than Tesla's "within spec." Both of our Teslas have been great in this regard and most of them I see are just fine or really good. But there does seem to be a fair number of questionable units that get shipped out. Most automakers will address the oddball off the line and fix misalignments or other non-critical issues before shipping the car or within PDI. Tesla just delivers the cars expecting customers to note the issues and schedule repairs. Often minimizing severe panel misalignments or other things since the service centers can't keep up and don't want to deal with it.

Reactions: Max

Sponsored

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
Hopefully this proves that it's possible for "private citizens" to take delivery, yet they are not a member of this forum. As I have said before, not every who buys a Rivian is a fanatic like us, and they don't find it necessary to be a member of every Rivian forum, facebook group, Reddit sub, etc.
I sold my Tesla X last week to prep to make room for the R1T (and to cash in on the insane pricing on used cars right now). My neighbor asked what I was replacing it with, I laid out the R1T and such and told him he could find lots of info on Reddit and what not.

His response, "WTF is 'Reddit'?"

It's easy to forget that some folks are not fully dipped in the intrawebs, and even fewer people have sucked down the Rivian Kool-Aide.

GoWest!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & R1S
It doesn't fit a Nalgene?! I'm out.
That would be ironic if the hot new vehicles for adventurers don’t fit what’s considered to be the water bottle of choice for adventurers.

hed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3P, Raptor, Rivian Reservation 13##
The tonneau cover looks like a problem waiting to happen. Of course that is complete speculation on my part, but I just lack the confidence that thing is built to last. I suppose time will tell. Outside of that, the truck looks great.

Boudro

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kona EV & Tacoma
This is really exciting and positive to see plus it will sit really well on the earnings call on Thursday. We are checking more positive boxes than negative these days. LETS GOOOOO
Sponsored