First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
Had a call with my Guide this afternoon and we went through a lot of the questions that were on my thread about having lunch with the Customer Experience Director.

We went through the questions that have been asked and believe we hit most all of them.

In no particular order:
  • Guides are being hired and trained to ensure initial outreach happens as soon as possible for all pre-order holders...projected to be done by Thanksgiving for LE R1T...no dates as of yet for R1S, but not too far behind
  • R1S LE deliveries still on track for this Fall
  • Non-LE R1T/R1S still on track for January
  • LE R1T begins in September!!!! (I would not expect this to happen on September 1st so I am personally hopeful that we can move past the "it's September XX and we still havent seen a truck delivered" posts...even if it's 1 truck in September 30th I will be satisfied
  • We should continue to see educational videos be released between now and first delivered
  • Prior to first deliveries LE pre-order holders will get access to a mixed media online Owner's Guide which will teach us how to use some of the features that are more unique as compared to a "normal" vehicle...this will then be opened up to all/the public
  • Photos/renders on the site will be updated as final production photos are taken that are being used for other content on the site, socials, and email (all prior to the September deliveries)
  • Demo drives will kick off in September and exact details are due to be released imminently...this includes both at home drives as well as tour events...tour event locations will start in the markets where service/customer experience centers are (also where deliveries will begin)...unknown at this point what the set up will be in terms of if they will build a miniature version of the Normal course or if they will be more "normal" test drives...with the fact that they want to show off what the vehicle can do my money is on something pretty immersive
  • Rivian Store/Shop is coming...all resources are focused on launch right now, so it will come later. I have already made a request for a "s00n is now" shirt
  • CarPlay and Android Auto will not be part of the infotainment at launch but could come as an OTA update later if there is enough of a demand for it...they believe the infotainment they are building will be best in class (in particular the GPS)...i could see a traditional GPS being less reliable than what Rivian can overlay with the offroad mapping that they are able to do
  • Additional info on how the head unit will work is coming...along with how to customize it to for your own personal Rivian Experience
  • There are no current plans to create or endorse a specific online community right now as they are continuing to evaluate the options
  • EPA numbers are awaiting final sign off to be published but the 21" is meant to maximize range...the target is for all three to be able to be advertised/sold as 300+ (I got the sense that numbers are likely to be more in the 300-320 range than the 350-370 range)...no estimated timing on when that sign off will come (or if it's awaiting internal or external sign off)
  • Not possible to upgrade to a Max Pack as a post-delivery retrofit
  • Range could be improved via OTA updates (Tesla has done this a few times)
  • No info to share on if there will be any games as part of the infotainment of what streaming services could be included
  • While towing at max (11K lbs) capacity range will be impacted by about 50% (more similar than not to an ICE)
  • Official stance on charging with a Tesla home charger and J1772 adapter will be that there is no official stance since they dont make the charger or the adapter...that being said, it should work just the same way as any other vehicle that uses J1772
  • Max Pack should have no impact on the ability to carry a spare tire
Hope that helps someone.
Sponsored

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
What did we miss?

rraj2k81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Tesla Model S LR
This is some good information, thanks for asking !

I see they have moved to 'imminently' now :CWL:

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
This is some good information, thanks for asking !

I see they have moved to 'imminently' now :CWL:
It was tough to write all of that out and consciously not write "soon"

Sponsored

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
What did we miss?
400v/800v (alternatively long term peak kW charging) and if the headlights will be active turn headlights are the two "spec" questions I have outstanding that I can think of off the top of my head.

So your understanding is 300+ miles anticipated for *any* of the tires? That would be awesome!

Side note, thanks again. You've got to have the highest value/post of any forum member. Other than Duck. Duck provides entertainment.

Last edited:

EVSport7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid, Kia Sorento Hybrid
400v/800v (alternatively long term peak kW charging) and if the headlights will be active turn headlights are the two "spec" questions I have outstanding that I can think of off the top of my head.

So your understanding is 300+ miles anticipated for *any* of the tires? That would be awesome!

Side note, thanks again. You've got to have the highest value/post of any forum member. Other than Duck. Duck provides entertainment.
Second the 800v question. I would also ask about the V2H to see if the guides give a different answer. I know its a "down the road" thing, but that would just put it over the top for me vs. the Ford

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing

Charging speeds and active turn headlights added to my list for next time.

Correct on my understanding...would take that with a grain of salt as that was my understanding and not something that was officially communicated.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Second the 800v question. I would also ask about the V2H to see if the guides give a different answer. I know its a "down the road" thing, but that would just put it over the top for me vs. the Ford
I would virtually guarantee that anything RJ has said is way more reliable than what customer service or the guides are allowed to say.

OP
OP

KWeimer711

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 / Genesis
Occupation
Product Marketing
V2H is coming...wouldnt expect a different answer than the one given just a week ago...will ask if there is updated timing though.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Charging speeds and active turn headlights added to my list for next time.

Correct on my understanding...would take that with a grain of salt as that was my understanding and not something that was officially communicated.
Oh for sure. It's just nice to have an educated guess rather than a guess.

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
Had a call with my Guide this afternoon and we went through a lot of the questions ...
  • Guides are being hired and trained to ensure initial outreach happens as soon as possible for all pre-order holders...projected to be done by Thanksgiving for LE R1T...no dates as of yet for R1S, but not too far behind
  • LE R1T begins in September!!!! (I would not expect this to happen on September 1st so I am personally hopeful that we can move past the "it's September XX and we still haven't seen a truck delivered" posts...even if it's 1 truck in September 30th I will be satisfied
I went in to the configurator to add the Yakima RTT to my LE R1T. It now shows my delivery starts in January 2022.

Must be because I am Team Yellow. ;)
Sponsored