Sponsored

BrianR

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S GW/BM/20AT
I have a pre-order from June 2021 for R1S (GW, OC, 21, RUS, Quad, Large) and went for a test drive on April 22, 2023. My original time slot for delivery was July 2023 - September 2023. After the most recent update my timeslot was revised to August 2023 - September 2023.

I mentioned to the guide at that time that I was flexible with my configuration and would be willing to take delivery early.

She mentioned she would add me to the flexible soft leads and to be on the lookout for an email with R1S shop access.

Just today I had a guide from the factory reach out to me to let me know they can get me a vehicle within the next 4 - 8 weeks if I am flexible with my configuration.

I let them know the main items I want is underbody shield and to keep the price below $80,000.

I did mention I would be willing to give up Ocean Coast interior / Glacier White Paint (Stormtrooper theme) in exchange for Meridian audio and launch edition with better wheels.

In the end I just asked if they could give me access to the shop and I can find something that works for me.

I honestly don't have a problem waiting till September 2023 or even middle of 2024 but will take delivery early if they can get me something with Meridian audio / upgraded wheels.
I have "almost" the same config (only difference is I have BM interior) and had the same windows before / after. I've had access to do a First Mile for a while but at a location that's pretty difficult for me to get to. Finally have one scheduled at a different location in a few weeks so it should be interesting to see what happens.
Sponsored

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I spoke to my guide and he was able to find a vehicle for me at my local service center In the paint color I originally selected. Not sure about the rest of the specs on it.

in addition, he sent me an invite to the shop and mentioned it can take 1-3 days to see it on my end.

I’m leaning towards keeping my original configuration with September delivery unless I find a unicorn in the shop that I can’t resist.

Rivian will need to sweeten the deal with upgraded wheels if they want me to take early delivery and not sacrifice my ocean coast interior in the process or underbody shield.

KootenayEV

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Environmental Engineer
I've been eagerly awaiting a delivery timing estimate update for my Max Pack, rural Montana delivery address for well over a year.

Around late 2021 "real time updates on the web site" was first promised. Then when I finally inquired May 2022 I was told "end of summer [2022]". Then in fall "processing". No late January update. Told February instead. Then told they'd have it with the April update.

Finally got another email Friday. The dreaded "no service centers in your area", "processing estimate" non-update.

So I've kinda lost count but I think this is at least 6 times now that they haven't managed to give me the promised delivery timing estimate.

I figured by now they might have at least some idea when they might be able to deliver my truck. The only timeline I've ever seen is 2h 2023 but that was back before they scrapped the quad Max.

So this answers my question. They have no idea when they can delivery my truck, no idea when they'll have a service center close enough. What determines "nearby"? Who knows. They aren't telling me. Even within 150 or 200 miles would be reasonable in my mind. But I think the nearest is currently Bellevue WA, 7 hours, 400 miles away.

Lucky for me I'm not in a big hurry to get the truck. But I would like to have some idea - even a 6 month timeframe - so I can plan for it financially. I'm currently set to Dual Performance Max Pack. I'm seeing a few others get late 2023 delivery estimates for the same.

So I'm probably going to change my delivery address to a friend's place in Portland Oregon, and see what they tell me with the end of July update.

I looked for a separate thread specifically on Max Pack April delivery update but didn't find one.
I've had the same problem and have done a similar thing in BC - now the long wait until the end of July to see if I actually get a date this time!

Tonka

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Cruiser , Silverado, Mach-E
Occupation
Retired
I am also in Louisiana and have the same BS issue. I am an April 2019 reservation for a GW/OC/21 R1T. I also am a Tesla owner since 2018. Rivian is full of BS when they say they can’t provide support. It’s called mobile service and Tesla did it perfectly in Louisiana for the first 2 years I had my car. This is all just really frustrating. With each update I keep hoping but running out of patience Rivian.
I call bs on this because if you go to http://www.lmvc.la.gov/ and search licensees Rivian is holding the same state credentials Tesla is

milliemc

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Occupation
retired
Clubs

Just got an email that said I have an updated window. I logged in and confirmed it went from PROCESSING ESTIMATE to APRIL - MAY 2023. This is for my R1T with a reservation date of 12/5/2022.

I have no idea what to make of this updated window. Is it real? or should I take this a maybe s00n, as in sometime this summer, or not, or later...?
So you originally reserved in December of 2022? 0r ordered in December? We reserved in July of 20222 and haven't heard a thing.

Sponsored

kyledmb

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1T
Clubs

We reserved in December 2022

AxelR

First Name
Axel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 Tesla Model 3 Performance, 23 Rivian R1S
Clubs

Question (and I know by now I should know this).
Our delivery date was updated with everyone else’s last week. Ours moved from July September to June July.
Just got access to the shop today (no email).
And just noticed that our delivery estimate has been switched to processing estimate (from June July) without having made any changes to it.
Does this mean that they’re about to match us to a vehicle?

Progolfer82

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S LE, Audi E-Tron Prestige & Tesla Y
Question (and I know by now I should know this).
Our delivery date was updated with everyone else’s last week. Ours moved from July September to June July.
Just got access to the shop today (no email).
And just noticed that our delivery estimate has been switched to processing estimate (from June July) without having made any changes to it.
Does this mean that they’re about to match us to a vehicle?

Where do you see shop access when you login?

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Where do you see shop access when you login?
You see this at the top when you log in. You can't miss it. If you don't see it, you don't have it.

Rivian R1T R1S 🗓️ [Updated Delivery Estimate Windows Announced!-- 4/28/23] Happy updated delivery estimate window week! 1683567709350

Progolfer82

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You see this at the top when you log in. You can't miss it. If you don't see it, you don't have it.

1683567709350.png

Thank you! I did my test drive last week, and a guide reached out to me the next day asking if I would be open to a different configuration. I asked for Shop access, and he said he would put in the request, and to look out for an email. AxelR stated he didn't get an email, so thought I would ask. Thank you for your response.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Thank you! I did my test drive last week, and a guide reached out to me the next day asking if I would be open to a different configuration. I asked for Shop access, and he said he would put in the request, and to look out for an email. AxelR stated he didn't get an email, so thought I would ask. Thank you for your response.
Yes, you should get an email. You may also get shop access in your account before the email arrives....

Progolfer82

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Tarkus

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'06 Lincoln Mark LT & '21 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Occupation
Outdoor/Indoor E911 Wireless Engineer
2 days.
Just texted our guide. They matched us to a VIN.
It will be an exact 4 years wait (plus shipping).
Congrats AxeIR :clap:
Sponsored