Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I do think Rivian is picking up steamā€¦or electrons
End of the year push to make the numbers they promised... has me worried a bit, but hopefully they have a handle on QC at this point?
Sponsored

Reactions: Jac

EVentually

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S5, Rivian R1T
End of the year push to make the numbers they promised... has me worried a bit, but hopefully they have a handle on QC at this point?
This is the exact reason Iā€™m hoping for my delivery to not come early. Service centers are backed up for months, so Iā€™d rather not deal with any issues that comes with quickly churned out $80k vehicle.

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
This is the exact reason Iā€™m hoping for my delivery to not come early. Service centers are backed up for months, so Iā€™d rather not deal with any issues that comes with quickly churned out $80k vehicle.
And that's the reason I'm not trading in or selling my current daily driver till I've had the R1T for at least a couple of weeks. I've seen too many recent reports of blown CV-Joints, bad motors, etc.. on 800mi vehicles to rely on it as a daily driver from day one after delivery.

Reactions: Jac

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Just got the email to confirm my R1T. My Oct delivery window moved up to Dec-Jan. Looks like we're just a few weeks out. Guide is now assigned. DC Metro area for reference. R1T, RB, BM, 20" AT

primedir

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Nissan Leaf
I got my confirmation email on Monday and have guide assigned. Also DC area with R1T, El Cap, BM, 20" AT, manual tonneau. I guess the new service center in Gaithersburg, MD may be coming online.

Just got the email to confirm my R1T. My Oct delivery window moved up to Dec-Jan. Looks like we're just a few weeks out. Guide is now assigned. DC Metro area for reference. R1T, RB, BM, 20" AT

Sponsored

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
I got my confirmation email on Monday and have guide assigned. Also DC area with R1T, El Cap, BM, 20" AT, manual tonneau. I guess the new service center in Gaithersburg, MD may be coming online.
Guide told me our truck is going to Richmond. Delivery in about 3 weeks.

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
Weā€™re in the DC area as well and just got guide/emails yesterday. Any idea where the new SC is going to be located in Gaithersburg? We were kinda bummed when the temporary one in Rockville went offline.

primedir

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Nissan Leaf
This thread (and the sleuthing of member Inthedmv) says it's at 8787 Snouffer School Rd.

Weā€™re in the DC area as well and just got guide/emails yesterday. Any idea where the new SC is going to be located in Gaithersburg? We were kinda bummed when the temporary one in Rockville went offline.

MichaelD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sprinter 4x4 camper van (170)
Fed up with the April-June 2023 estimate for my April 2019 R1S reservation, I switched mine to an R1T this afternoon. Yellow + OC, so who knows... waiting to see what happens.
Less than 24 hours later, configuration locked and guide assigned. Finally!

Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Less than 24 hours later, configuration locked and guide assigned. Finally!
I share your pain. Almost same boat per my sig.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
8787 Snouffer School Rd. Gaithersburg.
It wonā€™t be open for a while.

The Rockville location was temporary from the start. Itā€˜s becoming a Tesla location.

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
8787 Snouffer School Rd. Gaithersburg.
It wonā€™t be open for a while.

The Rockville location was temporary from the start. Itā€˜s becoming a Tesla location.
Ahh ok and I saw youā€™re just south of DC. Your guide said your truck will be coming up from the Richmond SC? Thatā€™s great news! Our delivery window was Oct-Dec 2022, then updated to Nov-Dec 2022, and then went to Apr-Jun 2023 as of the recent updated delivery windows. I was surprised to get a guide and email because I figured the local SC wouldnā€™t open until spring and we would have to wait until then. Hope weā€™re as lucky as you and receive the truck soon!

MooneyPilot

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian
Occupation
Pilot
So I got the email to confirm. I am leaning towards delaying and switching back to MAX pack. A biweekly trip I do requires, as the fast charging or even level 2 isn't really available in that area still. Hope this gets someone in their truck sooner! My only real concern is losing the tax credit at this point, which is an unknown.

R1T Rivian Blue w/ OC
22' Dark rims
Large/wanting MAX pack

Dec21 preorder/ATL area

MXA121

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model 3
Seems like A LOT of people got the "We are ready to build your vehicle" even with prior windows well into 2023. I think they are just trying to lock in as many configurations as possible to stabilize supply and production. I got REAL excited at first, now I suspect it will still be a while (Feb-Mar before I confirmed config).
Sponsored