maxinfo

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi
F

My estimate is now I'll get an estimate in January if I change to a supported color combination. So much for RB/FE R1S.

The delivery window estimate in your Account has been temporarily set to “Processing new estimate” due to the interior and exterior color combination you configured. This is a result of our efforts to simplify production in order to make as many deliveries as possible. We recognize that you may have had your heart set on your exact configuration and look forward to helping you find a new favorite.

As part of our production ramp process, we are moving away from configurations with very low demand. Because of this, the following combinations are no longer being produced: ​
  • Forest Edge + Warm Ash Wood with Compass Yellow
  • Forest Edge + Warm Ash Wood with Red Canyon
  • Forest Edge + Warm Ash Wood with Rivian Blue
If the Forest Edge interior is your lead preference, you can still choose it with our other exterior colors. If a particular paint color is preferred, Black Mountain and Ocean Coast can be paired with all options.

To make sure you receive a delivery window estimate, we encourage you to reconfigure soon. We plan to refresh your estimate every three months, which means you can expect updates in January, April, July, and October of each calendar year. Your window will be based on your configuration, delivery location and original preorder date and we will work to prioritize your delivery. Moving forward, further updates to your delivery estimate will be shared in your Account.  ​
Sponsored

MjWilk

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Q5 2015 Q7
Occupation
retired
are you a LE or ADV R1S? I ordered way before you, and may even be closer to the NY SC, and I am in 2024. WTF?!
ADV R1S w/ LG pack . I'm about 60 miles from the Chelsea SC

Bigeasy70075

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Tundra, Wrangler
Actually I think you are correct. I just reviewed the IRC 30D and do not see the limitation to taking delivery in 2023. Was citing from a review of the tax credit from a couple months ago. According to the IRS website today:

Transition Rule for Vehicles Purchased before August 16, 2022
If you entered into a written binding contract to purchase a new qualifying electric vehicle before August 16, 2022, but do not take possession of the vehicle until on or after August 16, 2022 (for example, because the vehicle has not been delivered), you may claim the EV credit based on the rules that were in effect before August 16, 2022. The final assembly requirement does not apply before August 16, 2022.

Thanks for calling me on this and making me check it out again.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
ADV R1S w/ LG pack . I'm about 60 miles from the Chelsea SC
oh, well then you are much closer to a SC than I am.

F*CK I hate Rivian now!

Sponsored

carl

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, VW Atlas, Volvo V60 Polestar
Clubs

Man. I'm actually frustrated now... My R1S window was October - December 2022, and now been pushed back to Jan - Feb 2023. My pre-order date August 2019 and to see 2020 order already receive their R1S is really peeving now. I'm wondering if adding the PPF when that became available is the problem, if so I have NO issue removing it!

ultimatejrob

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Lincoln MKC, 2021 Sierra 3500 SLT
Occupation
Tradesman
I had Oct-Dec estimate new one is Apr-June 2023. I'm sick and tired of Rivian, going to look for other options.
April 2020 pre order. Had Oct-Dec now looking at 2024 on an R1S

Tall_Rider

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Porsche 911
If you say so, guess they are doomed like how Tesla was supposed to go bankrupt for a decade.
Tesla barely made it, and was within weeks of bankruptcy during the model 3 ramp, only saved by their failure to properly disclosure their dire situation in filings. Believe what you want, and go down with the burning ship. By the way, Vinfast is selling a markedly simpler to make SUV, with a smaller battery, for a base price of $76,000. Made in Vietnam too. Do you think that they are doing that because they’re idiots, or because they don’t like to lose money? Are you true believers always crack me up.

texasBuzzard

First Name
AKB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Suburban
Occupation
Physician
Ordered an R1S for my wife in November of 2021. My estimated delivery window is Oct-Dec 2023. right about 2 years.

My R1T arrive after 1.5 years (591 days, but who was counting). Very happy with the truck. Worth the wait. Fastest vehicle in town for sure!

Sponsored

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Actually I think you are correct. I just reviewed the IRC 30D and do not see the limitation to taking delivery in 2023. Was citing from a review of the tax credit from a couple months ago. According to the IRS website today:

Transition Rule for Vehicles Purchased before August 16, 2022
If you entered into a written binding contract to purchase a new qualifying electric vehicle before August 16, 2022, but do not take possession of the vehicle until on or after August 16, 2022 (for example, because the vehicle has not been delivered), you may claim the EV credit based on the rules that were in effect before August 16, 2022. The final assembly requirement does not apply before August 16, 2022.

Thanks for calling me on this and making me check it out again.
Cool. Just want to make sure I wasn’t missing anything. Thanks for checking.

opticsflash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
same here, I'm borderline angry

Nov'21 pre-order, canceled and then reinstated, white, adventure, OC interior

delivery was Jun'23, now Jan-Dec'24

Bay Area

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
Mine went from Oct-Dec 2022 to "Processing estimate"... like they haven't had all year to process it? Frustrated that they don't have a better handle on service as distance to SC can make this truck N/A for me. 291 miles to Bellevue SC and not getting any closer...
Read between the lines... so far the furthest projection we have for peoples orders are Dec 2024. For those of us that live outside of whatever "close" is to a service center and are still "processing new estimate for Jan 2023".. means 2025+

JerseyGreens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S ADV
Occupation
CAT Property Underwriter
Sooner than expected, color me excited.

A256E2DE-FCD9-4C17-AFE5-D65789DE2F68.jpeg
Yeah they pushed Oct-Dec R1S estimates to 2023 to make a push for R1Ts.

Enjoy the end of year push...I hope QC stays on point..
Sponsored