Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Appears as though the app will let you set the cabin precondition temperature. Also seeing a command to close all the windows, stuff about gearguard. Looks like it will likely allow all of those controls over BLE, so those of you who don't want to subscribe to the rivian membership down the line, should still be able to maintain local control if you're close to the vehicle.
Sponsored

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

launch edition says "interior" yellow accents hmm

Rivian R1T R1S ? Rivian App Deep Dive Preview: A Breakdown of Future Services 1632256853660

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
What the chances they surprise the Launch edition models with the built in winch included? I know I would be screaming like a little girl.
Maybe a surprise part of the off-road package, but seems unlikely to be part of the base LE. But I would love to be surprised!!!

Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Did you happen to see anything about changing charging amperage within the app? That's one thing the Tesla app has never had and I could actually use.
I'd love to have this too and I have often grumbled that Tesla doesn't provide it. If you can do it in the car why not via the app? Are you listening, Rivian?

The new NEC code doesn't allow changing the charger amperage in consumer facing apps or without opening the device. This is to prevent a consumer from installing a charger with a certain breaker size and then changing the registered breaker to a higher one in the app.
This article seems more honored in the breach than the onservance. The WallBox EVSE, which apparently the RIvian charger is allow this,
I think he was referring to a setting in the vehicle for lower than the maximum the EVSE will provide.
And perhaps this is the justification but note that the Quasar + allows one to dial in 40A for their 14-50P equipped version which is OK if the 14-50R is on a 50A circuit but not a 40.

Not sure why people want to do this.
A variety of reasons.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Any intelligence on the API? Will it allow applications like TeslaFi, Stats etc? These are extremely useful.

Dbeglor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I think he was referring to a setting in the vehicle for lower than the maximum the EVSE will provide. Not sure why people want to do this.
I have the Chargepoint Flex hardwired with ability to pull up to 60amps (or 48 delivered to vehicle). However, most of the time I only have it draw 20-30 amps unless I need the higher speed. I don't know if it's scientifically valid, but the inference is that the slower the charge the better for the battery (given that we know for a fact DC charging is harder than AC charging). It may be de minimis once you're below 60amps though for all I know.

Sponsored

Amdolan

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Durango
I have the Chargepoint Flex hardwired with ability to pull up to 60amps (or 48 delivered to vehicle). However, most of the time I only have it draw 20-30 amps unless I need the higher speed. I don't know if it's scientifically valid, but the inference is that the slower the charge the better for the battery (given that we know for a fact DC charging is harder than AC charging). It may be de minimis once you're below 60amps though for all I know.
Can always tell who the lawyers are on here with the random Latin phrases thrown in ?

Novo-caine

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ5 and allroad
Here are some items confirmed to look forward to in the future (I see evidence of such thought it may not be available to end users it is reported/tracked in App)
  • Owners Manuals
  • Delivery Appointment
  • Delivery Tracking
  • Delivery Status
  • Delivery Courrier
  • Diagnostics ( A lot of key data points, inverter temps, Trq tracking of all 4 wheels)
  • Charge State
  • Car Location
  • Body Closures/Opening (Locks, Gear Tunnel, Frunk)
  • System HVAC
  • Lighting
  • Tire Pressure
  • Odometer
  • Service Appointment
Here are some easter eggs located inside the app that are super neat.

First stand out is WINCH Picture and services thru the App for the following:
  • Controlled Via Bluetooth within Application
  • Free Spool
  • Winch Out
  • Winch In
rivian-app-1.png

Next Stand out were Rivian Activity Band, Key Card, and HVAC Controls/Charger Information.
Key Card​

rivian-app-2.png
Wrist Band​

rivian-app-3.png
HVAC R1T Overhead View​
rivian-app-4.png
HVAC Inside​
rivian-app-6.png
HVAC R1S Overhead View​
rivian-app-5.png
Charger is Made by Wallbox and uses their API for controls/App integration​
rivian-app-8.png
Amazing Wallpapers for Status, Charging, etc.​
rivian-app-9.png

rivian-app-7.png
Oh Man. ! I hope that wrist band is going to be the answer to surfing with my key on me!

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
All L2 is slow charging with no benefit to the battery by throttling it back. This is even more true as battery size increases.
At 48A the rate is <.1 C
Sponsored