First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1994 Ford Bronco , 2016 Ford fusion hybrid
Occupation
retired
Someone said the Rivian does not do auto shows...anyone know why, the Seattle Auto Show starts Nov. 11. I have talked to many people who do not know what a Rivian is, what better way to let people know what your product is by showing it and answering their questions...think you would sell alot more cars....I know... they have lots of orders already.
Sponsored

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
My guess, covid.
No, outside of very early on at LA 2018 and NY 2019, they have never done auto shows. And Rivian isn't alone in this. More and more legacy auto makers had begun skipping out on the auto shows well before covid. Volvo as early as 2015. Rivian was hosting their own events up until covid and have recently been able to start those back up again.

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S

Livermore,California
154 predicted miles at 70% SoC...assuming a linear curve, that's only 220 miles of range. I hope it is calculating that based off of recent consumption and the owner was flooring it...
I know it's been talked about elsewhere, but they really need to do a consumption graph and state KW state of charge.

And, just so this post isn't completely off topic, drive by the Bellevue SC last night and caught a glimpse of the Blue R1T (no pics)

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
154 predicted miles at 70% SoC...assuming a linear curve, that's only 220 miles of range. I hope it is calculating that based off of recent consumption and the owner was flooring it...
I know it's been talked about elsewhere, but they really need to do a consumption graph and state KW state of charge.

And, just so this post isn't completely off topic, drive by the Bellevue SC last night and caught a glimpse of the Blue R1T (no pics)
It seems to change by recent usage and definitely changes with drive mode. Another owner used 78% over 200 miles to 75mph the other day.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram

That R1T is in Sport mode. It's probably calculated accordingly.

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Someone said the Rivian does not do auto shows...anyone know why, the Seattle Auto Show starts Nov. 11. I have talked to many people who do not know what a Rivian is, what better way to let people know what your product is by showing it and answering their questions...think you would sell alot more cars....I know... they have lots of orders already.
Official statement is they're in a different phase of their business and want to refocus their priorities on deliveries. That's what they gave for their last pull-out anyways.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Given the pics of trucks loading or unloading, anyone planning to drive by the service center today? I'm thinking about it to get a better idea of colors in person, but am hoping to get confirmation there are vehicles that are visible before playing 405 roulette.

IHScout

First Name
Waid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevrolet Volt, Expedition
It seems to change by recent usage and definitely changes with drive mode. Another owner used 78% over 200 miles to 75mph the other day.
Would you be able to link to that post? Would love to check it out. Thanks.

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Would you be able to link to that post? Would love to check it out. Thanks.
Testing my memory for which owner that was but I'll try to find it.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Given the pics of trucks loading or unloading, anyone planning to drive by the service center today? I'm thinking about it to get a better idea of colors in person, but am hoping to get confirmation there are vehicles that are visible before playing 405 roulette.
@godfodder0901 was it yesterday that you drove by, or was that this morning?
Sponsored