Sponsored

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
No email but my configuration - an R1T Max - was confirmed many months ago. It was made moot by the December email informing us of the demise of the quad R1T Max and I've since re-configured to the R1S. My configurtation status remains the same, "Configuration Confirmed"

Rivian said that they will be adding the R1S to the R1 Shop in 2023, so perhaps all this activity with confirmations is the start of that process.
Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Welcome to the club!

My build was confirmed in August of 21. My delivery is still supposed to be April-June 22.

Maybe they are just waiting for a few more Compass Yellow R1S to sign up.

I am in the Rivian hotbed known as SoCal and neither my Guide, his fellow Guides or anyone at the SC have seen a Yellow S.

BeanEW

First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Retired
Congrats to all that got the email!! It seems to me that Rivian could do better than 25,000 last year, but safe some numbers for this year.

Sponsored

Yossarian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Telluride, Wee-Strom, Lynskey Cooper
Congrats to all that got the email!! It seems to me that Rivian could do better than 25,000 last year, but safe some numbers for this year.
Rivian pretty much has no choice but to do better in 2023 than last year. They are well-capitalized but that stake is being whittled down and they need a significant boost in cash flow. I believe that their production in Q4 was over 10,000 vehicles; if they just bump that by a couple of thousand each quarter, they will double 2022 production. We should see revised production estimates at the next earnings call, which I think is in early February.

EMama

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV-4
Occupation
retired
Received lock confirmation email last night, followed by guide intro email. Have call set up for next week!

Beanejar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - CY/OC
Welcome to the club!

My build was confirmed in August of 21. My delivery is still supposed to be April-June 22.

Maybe they are just waiting for a few more Compass Yellow R1S to sign up.

I am in the Rivian hotbed known as SoCal and neither my Guide, his fellow Guides or anyone at the SC have seen a Yellow S.
Saw a yellow S in the Plymouth lot a few weeks ago (Detroit area SC). There were several other more-prepped-for-delivery S‘s nearby. Yellow didn’t quite seem to be a customer vehicle. We saw two yellow S’s on the line in production last April during a sneak Spring Break tour. They’re out there, but a bit ‘unicorny’ - can’t wait to catch one. 👍

Rivian R1T R1S 📬 Tons of "Confirm Your Configuration" emails have gone out tonight 1/6/23!!! 97E9019B-8F87-4742-A48F-5FA73C91988D

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Model 3 LR AWD, 2017 BMW i3 REX, 2023 R1T
Occupation
IT
I’d like to nominate @COdogman for an early delivery…if you don’t mind Kim Java posing and filming a new cold weather efficiency review in your gear tunnel, I may have a lead…
Forget about Kim... I'd contact Kyle from Out of Spec. If you get in touch with Kyle by Monday.. you'd have your Rivian last week already ;)

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
When are they starting to roll out that new suspension? I would like to get mine with that updated suspension. My window is Q4’23 so hopeful I will get it by then. Those in the cutoff period are going to be pretty disappointed if they were the last R1’s with the old suspension. No pressure 😊
There is going to be no change to the current air suspension. The video that came out recently was describing the current air suspension. The manufacturer confirmed that there is nothing new in the works for Rivian at this time.

Sponsored

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

There is going to be no change to the current air suspension. The video that came out recently was describing the current air suspension. The manufacturer confirmed that there is nothing new in the works for Rivian at this time.
Too complicated at this time....

noev4me

First Name
Amy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla P85 , R1T, R1S
Or is this part of their process to provide new delivery windows this month? So I must add that my last estimate was 2024 (for a 2020 preorder), but now I received the "confirm your configuration" email and I have a guide assigned.

Should I be excited or did everyone get this, in which case this is another kick to the nuts by Rivian???
I am in the same boat, not sure what to think. I will get excited when I start the purchase process.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla

NY_Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Last edited:

Dirtman16

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Received lock confirmation email last night, followed by guide intro email. Have call set up for next week!
Same here. Nov. 2020 R1S preorder. We're in Alabama, and interestingly, still have Processing Estimate under delivery time. Hopefully it will update after talking to a guide.
Sponsored