wicked2112

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback & CrossTrek
Occupation
Warranty & Product Integrity Manager - Yakima Racks.
Clubs

It's happening!!!!!

Rivian R1T R1S 📬 Tons of "Confirm Your Configuration" emails have gone out tonight 1/6/23!!! 1673074335933
Sponsored

ohseedee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
For what it’s worth, I got my guide and email to lock my config 2 months ago on Nov 11. My window was Feb/March 23 and my guide told me that’s still my window. I had my hopes up that it was moving faster, but wasn’t. My guide said they want people to lock in configs early for planning purposes.

Prime

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MY(P), Rivian R1T
For what it’s worth, I got my guide and email to lock my config 2 months ago on Nov 11. My window was Feb/March 23 and my guide told me that’s still my window. I had my hopes up that it was moving faster, but wasn’t. My guide said they want people to lock in configs early for planning purposes.
Ditto. No updates since config confirm in November and my window was originally Dec-Jan but guess might change once January update comes.

Last edited:

seanocono

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X Plaid, Tesla Model Y Performance
Clubs

I’m feeling a little left out without a confirmation email tonight. This Rivian ride is not for the faint of heart.

Reactions: Jac

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
When are they starting to roll out that new suspension? I would like to get mine with that updated suspension. My window is Q4’23 so hopeful I will get it by then. Those in the cutoff period are going to be pretty disappointed if they were the last R1’s with the old suspension. No pressure 😊

Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

my theory. they want to have a group of customers lock their config so they can "batch" builds. this also gives them the opportunity to invite more people to the Shop. from what Tony said on a recent video post from RS, Rivian wants to leverage the Shop even more this year. im sure they know by now a certain percentage will take a vehicle from the Shop, meanwhile they still keep building in batches and orphaned vehicles continue to flow into the Shop. keeps the production and delivery numbers flowing. i suspect those with the rarer configs in this scenario are the ones left waiting the longest, unless they decide to take from from the Shop, which again helps keeps things flowing

Last edited:

rivian1800

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Or is this part of their process to provide new delivery windows this month? So I must add that my last estimate was 2024 (for a 2020 preorder), but now I received the "confirm your configuration" email and I have a guide assigned.

Should I be excited or did everyone get this, in which case this is another kick to the nuts by Rivian???
It’s a gooood sign!

LL75

First Name
lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Yeap. Got the confirmation and a guide email yesterday. Sep 2019 order non LE R1S with July /sep 2023 delivery. But after reading all these, I'm not so hopeful that I would get mine earlier. Seems like rivian just want to lock people in the configuration.

tk21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Occupation
Military
Clubs

Seems like a ton of confirm your configuration emails have gone out tonight. Nervous excitement here!

In other news, a horrible thought occurred to me. How Rivian would be be to confirm a bunch of configurations and then a day or two later announce a bunch of new options, colors, etc!?

Screen Shot 2023-01-06 at 19.38.13.png
Got mine in this batch

jbssfelix

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3; Rivian R1S
Clubs

12/21 pre-order. Nothing in my inbox sadly.

Sponsored

Beanejar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S - CY/OC
Got the email, confirmed and Guide appeared. Feb 19 R1S preorder. Honestly happy to have anything new in my email. Apr-June delivery. 🤞

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
12/21 pre-order. Nothing in my inbox sadly.
I am hypothesizing that these emails went to 2019 and 2020 reservation holders. Completely anecdotal evidence based upon what I have read here and on a few FB groups.

One thing that will surely crush that hypothesis and my hopes is if the 2021 and later reservation holders start getting this email in mass, in which case I will start believing this is just for them to update the Delivery Estimates in January as they planned to do.

KingTodd

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru
A little disappointing to hear, but thank you for sharing as it helps overly exuberant people like myself to control our expectations.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
This sounds very similar to the mass confirmation email batch from early November. We got that email and got our truck in December. (Dec-Jan window)

What we were told by our guide is that they are trying to send these confirm configuration emails sooner so they can plan production and distribution to service centers. This email used to be you were 1-4 weeks away from delivery, but now appears to be 2-3 months.

Regardless, this step gets you a guide and gets you a point of contact who can get you updates as you get close to the 8-steps.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
The factory is building hundreds of trucks per day now with the added 2nd shift. Rivian may get through all pre-March reservations by the end of the year.
Sponsored