Sponsored

When is your delivery window?

• Total voters

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Since my statement was that "there simply won't be any other deliverable options by 2023 outside of Ford, GM, or Tesla (and even then to get delivery in 2022/23, you'd already have to have a reservation)", I don't see anything here that contradicts that.
Sponsored

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

I got my new update delivery window
Ordered AUG 31 2021
Window to delivery: October - December 2022.
Blue RT1, LP, 20"

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

I don't disagree. Just suggesting their presentation was worth a watch. But they clearly didn't have theirs shit together. That can always change obviously. I'm not criticizing you at all, just commenting on what seems to be RAM'S plan, which they literally stated was to be last to market. And then they'll figure out what they're going to do. It was funny to watch.
As a Ram fan, I was really disappointed in them. They held on to ICE as long as they possibly could. Like they were the captain of the sinking ship and wanted to go down with it instead of get in a lifeboat.

They threw out 2025 as their target, my guess is they thought that was far enough in the future to actually make a plan lol. So probably no Ram till 2026ish, hopefully they can get something together and it will be my next truck after the Rivian.

emoore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
As a Ram fan, I was really disappointed in them. They held on to ICE as long as they possibly could. Like they were the captain of the sinking ship and wanted to go down with it instead of get in a lifeboat.

They threw out 2025 as their target, my guess is they thought that was far enough in the future to actually make a plan lol. So probably no Ram till 2026ish, hopefully they can get something together and it will be my next truck after the Rivian.
I feel the same way about Toyota. I’ve had a bunch of Toyotas but won’t buy another one. They keep railing against EVs and even when they eventually come out with one I’m not sure I’d buy it.

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Understood .... I want the Rivian I ordered back in 2019. As of now I am still on board. I drove and I loved it. BUT ..... waiting 4 or 5 years is ridiculous. I am starting to feel strung along. BTW I am not the only one in this position.
We are in a similar situation. We pre-ordered in November of 2018. We ordered an R1T Explore Package. We are located in a rural area in the Florida Panhandle. We just received an email from Rivian. It said that our R1T will be delivered in the first half of 2023.

Our son ordered an R1S Launch Model on the same day as we did and his will be delivered in March/April of 2022.

It would appear that ordering the wrong Rivian will cost you a year.

SuEllyn and Brian

Sponsored

JeffD

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Audi Q7, 2018 BMW 640i
I ordered R1S October 1st one day too late to get the IPO stock which closed out to people with orders on Nov 30th. Just got date of delivery in 1st quarter of 2023. If anybody wants to switch with me on a R1S that they will get earlier than they want, get in touch. BTW does anybody know where a Rivian can be seen or driven. Thinking of going to NY Auto show, but customer service was not sure if one will be displayed.
‘Excited in South Florida

Jamuso

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ridgeline
Occupation
Sr software engineer - manager
Understood .... I want the Rivian I ordered back in 2019. As of now I am still on board. I drove and I loved it. BUT ..... waiting 4 or 5 years is ridiculous. I am starting to feel strung along. BTW I am not the only one in this position.
I understand how you feel. I went thru the same thing with the Spinn coffee maker. Waited 4 years for that to become real and it was worth it. The scale of a coffee maker compared to Rivian is night and day. knowing that is helping me deal with a wait of 18 months or so.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

May already be covered in the many, many pages of this thread.....

Does anyone have a R1T Launch Edition delivery window past July 2022?
Or what is the latest claimed delivery window for a Launch Edition R1T?

JeffD

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Your Launch Edition R1S delivery window is now July - September 2022.

I'm out!! This isn't spring 2022! This is very disappointing. Not sure stock is going to hold up well
Want to sell your reservation?

Sponsored

moosetags

First Name
SuEllyn & Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T; 2020 Chevy Duramax; 1956 Ford Tbird
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Our pre-order date is November 29, 2018. We received an email from Rivian on December 28, 2021. Our estimated delivery window is first half of 2023. Our order is for an Explore Package R1T. The Explore Package unit are at the bottom end of Rivian's production line.

Our son pre-ordered a Rivian on the same date as we did. He ordered a Launch Edition R1S. His delivery window is April/May, 2022.

Rivian has also told us that they will be contacting us sometime in January, 2022, and ask if we would be interested in upgrading to a an Adventure Package. This may get us a 2022 delivery date. We are not sure if we would consider doing.

SuEllyn and Brian

JeffD

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Your Launch Edition R1S delivery window is now July - September 2022.

I'm out!! This isn't spring 2022! This is very disappointing. Not sure stock is going to hold up well
If you’d like to swap or give me your reservation it would be appreciated

JOSH565

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 BMW 550i/ 97 Land Rover Range Rover/ 21 MachE
Occupation
Maintenance
Clubs

Yes, you might be right, but will hold out hope for Sep 22…..was thinking to game the system and change location to Irvine CA and then drive to LA/Long Beach and ship it myself
I'm in HAwaii too, I hpoe we don't have to wait that long though. Have you had any recent contact with anyone at Rivian with any kind of date?

Andy96734

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX 90D 2016
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Nothing, still early, am thinking maybe May if lucky to get contacted for my July-Sep window. R1S so if window holds I;ll be happy.
Sponsored