• Total voters

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
I’m one of the early 2019 preorderers who mistakenly assumed the 400+ mile battery pack R1T’s would start being delivered a short while after LE’s were being delivered, or maybe even (imagine this) in parallel to LE’s and other R1’s - T’s and S’s of various configurations..........
When we preordered, Rivian flat out was telling buyers 180kwh batteries would be available at launch. My order acceptance from Rivian in 2019 included that info. There was similar indications elsewhere, but I didn't kept and haven't tried to dig up a copy of all what was on the website back then.

I guess I did "assume" I wouldn't have to lock in my configuration this many months/years in advance to keep a place in line.

Your Rivian preorder is confirmed.

If at any time you decide you'd like to switch models, no need to cancel your order and lose your place in line — when it’s time to configure your vehicle, you’ll be able to switch between the R1T and R1S.

Production will begin in 2020. Fully equipped vehicles with the highest performance level and largest battery pack will enter production first. Our 180 kWh and 135 kWh packs will be available at launch with the 105 kWh to follow in 2021.

Let the adventure begin.

Rivian R1T R1S ? Rivian Sends Delivery Window E-Mail. What’s Your Dates? => Vote in Poll! Rivian_Wordmark_Black
Sponsored

Last edited:

GWNavigator

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Big SUV
Clubs

When we preordered, Rivian flat out was telling buyers 180kwh batteries would be available at launch. My order acceptance from Rivian in 2019 included that info. There was similar indications elsewhere, but I didn't kept and haven't tried to dig up a copy of all what was on the website back then.

I guess I did "assume" I wouldn't have to lock in my configuration this many months/years in advance to keep a place in line.

Your Rivian preorder is confirmed.

If at any time you decide you'd like to switch models, no need to cancel your order and lose your place in line — when it’s time to configure your vehicle, you’ll be able to switch between the R1T and R1S.

Production will begin in 2020. Fully equipped vehicles with the highest performance level and largest battery pack will enter production first. Our 180 kWh and 135 kWh packs will be available at launch with the 105 kWh to follow in 2021.

Let the adventure begin.

Rivian_Wordmark_Black.png
Yeah this looks familiar. Had I known what I now know I would’ve ordered the LE then upgraded/traded-in for the 400+ mi truck in a couple of years. Even now though it’s not clear whether mid-range non-LE’s will come out sooner than long range ones or if they will be making both types in parallel within 2022. So better to stay in queue for 400+ or just reconfigure back to 300+ and potentially save another year of waiting?

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Reactions: Guy

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I never thought I would see the day where a battery electric vehicle was less efficient than a Prius or a normal hybrid. Makes sense though because of how enormous and heavy it is though, still that’s crazy
I made the same comparison in my head! Pretty crazy huh?!

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
I made the same comparison in my head! Pretty crazy huh?!
Yeah it’s a little nuts. They really did make the most inefficient BEV, I guess they were trying to continue their legacy hahaha ?

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Yeah this looks familiar. Had I known what I now know I would’ve ordered the LE then upgraded/traded-in for the 400+ mi truck in a couple of years. Even now though it’s not clear whether mid-range non-LE’s will come out sooner than long range ones or if they will be making both types in parallel within 2022. So better to stay in queue for 400+ or just reconfigure back to 300+ and potentially save another year of waiting?
Hello! I had maybe the best Chat yesterday with a CS rep at Rivian. I'm in the same boat as you, passed on the LE, chose the Max pack, and now regretting that I didn't choose the LE. So I described my situation to the CS and that my current configuration is a Large pack as I'm thinking I could get one sooner than a Max pack? CS said, non-LE holders of Large packs will start deliveries in March at the earliest and said she would recommend sticking with my current configuration of "Large pack" as they have not heard any timeframe on Max Pack deliveries. I asked if as I approach my timeframe (hopefully learning soon), could I possibly change back to Max pack in future months as we may learn more as far as when Max production will begin? She said yes and agreed with my thinking. For me, we've been waiting 3 years now, I just want an R1T and if I have to wait maybe till 2023 for a Max, I'll take Large now. The CS was great in asking some good questions: what are your plans for the R1T? How will you use it and where will you go. She also shared the Plugshare app, looked up and shared where chargers are relative to where we will travel, etc. Overall, I knew a lot of this and have played with ABRP a lot, but I still think the time and questions the CS rep asked, made for a very positive experience.

GWNavigator

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Big SUV
Clubs

Hello! I had maybe the best Chat yesterday with a CS rep at Rivian. I'm in the same boat as you, passed on the LE, chose the Max pack, and now regretting that I didn't choose the LE. So I described my situation to the CS and that my current configuration is a Large pack as I'm thinking I could get one sooner than a Max pack? CS said, non-LE holders of Large packs will start deliveries in March at the earliest and said she would recommend sticking with my current configuration of "Large pack" as they have not heard any timeframe on Max Pack deliveries. I asked if as I approach my timeframe (hopefully learning soon), could I possibly change back to Max pack in future months as we may learn more as far as when Max production will begin? She said yes and agreed with my thinking. For me, we've been waiting 3 years now, I just want an R1T and if I have to wait maybe till 2023 for a Max, I'll take Large now. The CS was great in asking some good questions: what are your plans for the R1T? How will you use it and where will you go. She also shared the Plugshare app, looked up and shared where chargers are relative to where we will travel, etc. Overall, I knew a lot of this and have played with ABRP a lot, but I still think the time and questions the CS rep asked, made for a very positive experience.
This is encouraging, at least sounds like Q1/Q2 2022 will be possible. I’ve personally reconfigured it with the Large pack for now and will check max pack availability closer to delivery as you suggested. Thanks for sharing this.

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Excited to see what @Craigins can do with a much more robust data set to work with. When will the next update of the visual chart be?

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
PRE ORDERED ----- Septemper 2019 ----- R1T~ADVENTURE PACKAGE~RIVIAN BLUE~MAX PACK~+EXTRAS ----- DELIVERY 2023 if I am lucky ----- WTF ?
Rivian R1T R1S ? Rivian Sends Delivery Window E-Mail. What’s Your Dates? => Vote in Poll! 1640736236674

rivianado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ACURA TL, TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
Occupation
SOFTWARE CONSULTANT
Mine says Jan - Feb 2022.
Where you do see this update. I only got the RJ's email.
Ordered in 08/2019
R1T LE

CMR

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes AMG E53 cabriolet, BMW X3
Occupation
Physician
Got a letter today, 2nd quarter of 2023.
Second half of 2023 for me. Max pack. Will miss you all. I’m afraid I am moving on. Have a happy and healthy new year all. Maybe Will be back When the refresh cycle occurs.
Sponsored

Reactions: Max