When is your delivery window?

• Total voters

Pathfinder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Defender X-Dynamic
Same in Denver, CO with LE R1S, off-road, 20”, LG/MB
Denver here as well. Aug 2019 Reservation for an R1S LE (no off road pack). My e-mail said my new delivery date was June - July 2022. I truly don't care anymore, I'm not going to cancel my pre-order but I have lost all interest in the vehicle and company at this point.
Sponsored

MilliM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Polestar 2
Denver here as well. Aug 2019 Reservation for an R1S LE (no off road pack). My e-mail said my new delivery date was June - July 2022. I truly don't care anymore, I'm not going to cancel my pre-order but I have lost all interest in the vehicle and company at this point.
It’s interesting you say that. Our trip to Sedona renewed some of my enthusiasm for my R1S preorder (some amazing off-roading opportunities out there that my XC90 can’t handle nearly as well), but I too have lost lots of interest. That said, I can’t help but think about the hedonic treadmill and Eddie Murphy’s Saltine Cracker routine…at the end of the day it’s just a vehicle and most of us will eventually want the next shiny one…

NSFW video below…

fromSf

First Name
m
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus Rx450H, 2023 Genesis GV60
I thought Rivian will be ramping up production starting this month (Dec 2021) , based on 632 responses, particularly with R1S they will deliver only 10 R1S per month starting March ramping up to 30 R1S in July.

These number aren't looking promising, either they still have some serious production issues or lack confidence on their vehicles. Glad I sold my 175 shares, hope I'm right!

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
I thought Rivian will be ramping up production starting this month (Dec 2021) , based on 632 responses, particularly with R1S they will deliver only 10 R1S per month starting March ramping up to 30 R1S in July
Keep in mind 632 is small subset of those who receiced emails., probably 2-5%, ballpark I’m guesstimating 10000 to 30,000 have received an email like this. Based on the data posted here, half the orders as are R1T, half are R1S. . As.an R1T LE preorder holder. I”m hoping most production in March - June is heavily skewed towards R1T’s., which the data seems to indicate.

But I agree, every time we get new info, the ramp up seems to start later.……..

Last edited:

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Keep in mind 632 is small subset of those who receiced emails., probably 2-5%, ballpark I’m guesstimating 10000 to 30,000 have received an email like this. Based on the data posted here, half the orders as are R1T, half are R1S. . As.an R1T LE preorder holder. I”m hoping most production in March - June is heavily skewed towards R1T’s., which the data seems to indicae.

But I agree, every time we get new info, the ramp up seems to start later.……..
Gotta say, there’s been a lot of videos where the Rivian guide etc has to restart the system etc for a glitch…I don’t mind them taken a little more time to get as many bugs out as possible.

Sponsored

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
Gotta say, there’s been a lot of videos where the Rivian guide etc has to restart the system etc for a glitch…I don’t mind them taken a little more time to get as many bugs out as possible.
FWIW, rented a Tesla Model Y for a weekend (through Turo) a few months ago. The computer rebooted while I was driving down the street. No idea why. You could still steer, brake, use the "gas" pedal, but losing the display/UI was seriously disconcerting.

Last edited:

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep Wrangler 2DR, 2022 R1T
Occupation
Utilities
Clubs

That is odd. That said, for the ID.4 there are a lot of them that show up on Cars.com or Truecar, but then when you ask the dealer about it they tell me that it's reserved and every car they will get before year end is reserved. Not sure why they are listing them as part of their inventory if they are spoken for but, what are you going to do.
I ordered a 2019 Jeep Wrangler in 2018, and it showed up on my dealers website as available when it was shipped (but still not arrived at dealer). The dealers just post whatever they have in stock, even if its a customer order. The dealers websites purpose is to get potential customers to call them. And a dealer will post a customer order in case that customer cancels. I doubt dealers take the time to differentiate between customer orders and dealer orders, they just post everything as available online, until its sold/delivered.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Well thank you, but I’ve lost all control of my synapses and they seemingly fire at will as I age—I’m sure we’ll “See the Changes”, but man it feels like watching paint dry here. Enjoy your tailgater, chips, Thanksgiving, and I expect some photos from you and your new ride come April!
That's a deal! If I get to drive it back, I'll be coming through Denver to visit family, as well as @Pixelshot and his family. In that case, you'll get to see it in person! We'll message when the delivery time and method is revealed. In the meantime, keep those synapses firing correctly!

North_Van

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma, Jeep Rubicon
"July - Sep 2022" --> Ordered 2 years ago last week, reservation #18K+ -- North Vancouver, BC. RT1 - El Cap Granite + Black Mountain int., off-road upgrade LE, large pack, 20".

I bought enough shares @ ~$100 so that if they double in price by next July-September, then hey, free RT1! ? If they are worth less, then I'll forego the spare...

Sponsored

EV-X Oregon

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Volvo XC 60, BWM X5, Honda Odessey
Occupation
Principal Real Estate Broker
May - June 2022 for an R1S LE ordered April 2019 and delivery in Orange County, CA.
Stormtrooper with white interior and ATs.
Ordered April 2019, R1S LE, LA Silver, Ocean Coast, 22"s, delivery Oregon= May-June 2022

IThinkFreely

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, R1S, Bronco Badlands
Partly out of frustration with almost daily delays on my Tesla order I ordered an R1S Adventure w/spare, Silver on Ocean, 7 seat on 10-01-21. Since then it has been cricks from Rivian. Original expectation for delivery was Q4 22. Now hearing all of you early reservation holders talk of long delays I can see my potential delivery sometime in Q2 23.
Is this a sign of disorganization in the Rivian management ranks combined with emphasing commercial van production? All the cash in the world will not make up for a lack of production strategy. At least at this point they are not lying like Tesla.
Dude. I reserved in December 2018 and have basically heard nothing in 3 years. Where are you getting those 'expectation' dates from?! Give or take I am 50K trucks ahead of you in the line and based on what I am hearing and seeing do not expect my R1TA Max until well, well into 2023, maybe 2024. How in the world you thought Rivian would make over 50,000 units to get your Oct 21 order out in a year is madness.

Last edited:

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Dude. I reserved in December 2018 and have basically heard nothing in 3 years. Where are you getting those 'expectation' dates from?! Give or take I am 50K trucks ahead of you in the line and based on what I hearing and seeing do not expect my R1TA Max until well, well into 2023, maybe 2024. How in the world you thought Rivian would make over 50,000 units to get your Oct 21 order out in a year is madness.
The S-1 amendment 3 states that they should have all preorder backlog complted by the end of 2023.

One of the earlier statements was end of 2022.

RexRemus

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S
Clubs

Have any 2021 preorder holder been notified or are we not there yet? I'm a sept 2021 and have not seena thing. I'm not surprised, just curious.
Sponsored